First time cleaning my notebook (fan and speaker specifically)

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Straight to the point,I started opening the case because the sd reader sometimes doesn't seem to work and so my though was to observe the chip to see if it was ok but opening the pc I found a lot of dust inside the fan and I wanted to clean it.My preference would be to pull off the fan+heatsink(they are stacked)so I can clean it(I prefer to disconnect from the motherboard while doing so to avoid any incident) but there's a problem,the fan is linked to the motherboard and the cable is not easy to take.I've posted photos of both the cable btw motherboard and the fan and also the cable who link the speakers to the motherboard.I'm not an expert and so I'm trying to not do any risk so if somebody know how to disassemble the two components I would be able to improve my pc performance.
*it's the first time with a notebook and seem more difficult respect doing the same with a desktop pc so I'm not convinced at 100% about the correct steps
The model is an Acer Aspire E5-771g series
*the first image is the fan while the second the speakers(I found a video on ytb where a guy replaced the old speakers easily but for me is not the same )
There's a risk doing too much pressure to these tiny cables?I'm not convinced

Attachments

• 20221023_021124.jpg
    20221023_021124.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 20221023_021629.jpg
    20221023_021629.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: AncientBoi

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's a risk doing too much pressure to these tiny cables?I'm not convinced
Normaly not, you need to be very ruthless to break the cables and the plug. So just be carefull and use a screwdriver to pry out the plug. Or use a small pliers to grab the plug and pull it out.

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Normaly not, you need to be very ruthless to break the cables and the plug. So just be carefull and use a screwdriver to pry out the plug. Or use a small pliers to grab the plug and pull it out.
I'm trying to put a little of energy and this seem the maximal result with the cable

Attachments

• 20221023_193011.jpg
    20221023_193011.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It should be easy to get a screwdriver or other flat tool in there now. I usually pry on one side, gently wiggle it out a bit and then wiggle it out on the other side and then it usually comes out.
I've already tried doing like that but it's not working right now
Post automatically merged:

Look if there is some kind of clip that holds the plug in position and need to be opened by pulling it. But i dont see one on the pictures, so it should go out without problems.
exactly,like you said I don't see any clip to pull over

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What method are you using to clean the fan? It shouldn't be a problem to clean the dust out even with the fan connected.

I know people hate the use of Compressed air as it can fire dust everywhere, but I've used it in the past on fans which are still connected to the motherboard, just holding the fan in place so that it cannot spin and create a voltage back onto the board.

If you're using something like a toothbrush or something fine, you shouldn't damage the board anyway so long as you're not pulling on the cables constantly. It looks like your wires have plenty of play though!

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What method are you using to clean the fan? It shouldn't be a problem to clean the dust out even with the fan connected.

I know people hate the use of Compressed air as it can fire dust everywhere, but I've used it in the past on fans which are still connected to the motherboard, just holding the fan in place so that it cannot spin and create a voltage back onto the board.

If you're using something like a toothbrush or something fine, you shouldn't damage the board anyway so long as you're not pulling on the cables constantly. It looks like your wires have plenty of play though!
Sorry if I didn't reply but lately I was busy...
Anyway I found the right approach with the speakers but still nothing with the fan.I've an air compressor but my plan was to extract it and clean with a cloth

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still the problem with the plug??

I dont know which kind of fan do you have.
Normaly its a radial fan that pushes out the air to the side. This can only hard or cannot disambled. Use compressed Air and some rubbing alkohol with Q-tips.
If its a normal axial fan, like used on a desktop PC. You can remove the glued cover on the back middle. The fan is secured/fastend with a very small plastic Ring. If its removed the fan can easy removed from its case and simply cleaned. If you put it back in, put some lubricating oil on metal pin.

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Still the problem with the plug??

I dont know which kind of fan do you have.
Normaly its a radial fan that pushes out the air to the side. This can only hard or cannot disambled. Use compressed Air and some rubbing alkohol with Q-tips.
If its a normal axial fan, like used on a desktop PC. You can remove the glued cover on the back middle. The fan is secured/fastend with a very small plastic Ring. If its removed the fan can easy removed from its case and simply cleaned. If you put it back in, put some lubricating oil on metal pin.
Unfortunately yes,I was stuck for a little with that but meanwhile I found info on the model of this fan; it's a Sunon model
I've other photos with more details I'm posting now

There's not clip near the connector and when I try to put a little of effort trying to pull out the cable but when I do so the motherboard seem to move and be pressured

Attachments

• 20221025_003339.jpg
    20221025_003339.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 20221023_135318.jpg
    20221023_135318.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • 20221023_135441.jpg
    20221023_135441.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normaly this connector can be unpluged without problems, hold the board and wighle it out or use a tongs.

Like mentioned use for the radial fan the compressed air and q-tips with isopropyl alcohol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE