Hacking First Time Acekard 2i user SERIOUS issues

Mr. Moo Moo-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! First post, so I'm more than just a long-time lurker officially. My R4 for the original DS was stolen, so I decided to try the Acekard2i after researching how good it was online. I bought two of the cards from RealHotStuff along with two 4GB SDcards from the same retailer. (Sandisk)

I am running AKAIO 1.8.6
I have a DSiXL and a smaller normal DS

After seeing the popularity poll and all of the good things people said, I purchased two cards (One for my girlfriend and one for myself)

When I first encountered errors, I used the newest version of SD Formatter from the official website to format my drive.
I have the Zip file of my backup and the zipfile of my AKAIO firmware from their original states. I transfer the items to a folder. Then I transfer them to my Acekard2i.

Every other time I transfer files (SAV or game) to the card, (When I boot the card via the DS) I get a weird issue where the files read with random unreadable characters and "?" marks. Akaio boots, but in this state, if I click a file.... The file just hangs forever.

Sometimes, when I transfer files, it works just fine. Other times, not so much.

Additionally, I have encountered an issue that whenever I try to back-up savedata by connecting the SD to my PC (by the provided T-Flash Hispeed USB drive), it causes fatal errors resulting in loss of data. (I have officially beaten Pokemon White 4 times.... It's a bit frustrating)

I also encountered an error with where I connected the USB and all my .savs disappear. It reads them, but they .savs aren't there if I try to back them up. Very VERY frustrating.

All my experience so far with this card has been like a hit-and-miss game of failure. I've spent more time trying to program firmware/fix the card than actually using it for playing games. I never had issues like this with my previous card, and I would like to think there's some extra-special thing I could do to make this an easy plug-and-play like my R4 running Ys was. I have yet to find 100% conclusive proof that my Acekard is a clone, but I do not think that is the case. I might try buying a new SD card tomorrow....

Any help/tips would be appreciated guys. Do you think it's the SD card, the Acekard itself, or the adapters? I'm open to suggestions. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Mr. Moo Moo-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
craiga said:
An acekard is an easy card to set up, so it could well be your sd card, could you try another?

This is the noob setting up your acekard guide, have a read thru and see if you have got it right, although with Akaio 1.8.6a you only have 1 file and 1 folder to extract and put on your sd card

http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekardSorry. Forgot to mention that I tried everything in the noob's guide thread already. >,< My bad. [[It seemed like the best first place to go but it didnt solve my issues]]

Also, my issues seem incredibly similar to the user @: http://gbatemp.net/t285592-acekard-2i-free...oads-akaio-fine

except sometimes I can get the games to run fine, but if I connect the reader to my PC again... I get corrupted data and I can't back-up my save. OR the .SAV file disappears entirely. Consequently, not letting me back up anything. When the .SAV file disappears from the directory, sometimes I can pop the Acekard back into the DSi to continue playing with my save still. However, sometimes my save file is just flat-out gone.

QUOTE(Rydian @ Mar 31 2011, 05:10 AM) It sounds like either the microSD you're using is especially shitty (especially true with bundled ones and/or ones from chinese sites or ebay), or the card reader you're using is crap.
I'll try to buy another reader and SD card, but they seem relatively new.

The SD card is Sandisk and the reader seems to be okay...

I'll try purchasing a new SD card and reader today. I doubt it'll work, but I'll try. What kind of USB reader and SD card would YOU personally recommend that I buy? The ones bundled with my Acekard from RealHotStuff seemingly suck, so I'd like to know which brands are especially good. (Or the ones you personally use would be best)

B

bakageta

It really sounds like an issue with the MicroSD card more than an issue with the reader. I'd probably just replace the MicroSD first. I know the reader that I got from RealHotStuff seems like it's decent quality, though it does get unusually warm if I leave it plugged in. Like Rydian said, any brand you can pick up locally should be fine, as well as essentially everything on Newegg. I personally prefer Sandisk and AData, as I've had a number of cards from both that work great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol