This thread just goes to show that Pokemon is a gateway drug to piracy and eventually grand theft auto and so on. If only we could have stopped it in time and saved the childrens...
the first song i ever downloaded was butthole surfers - pepper from irc. mp3 was a very new format for distribution, so maybe around like 1994. we always had windows 3.1 and 3.1.1 on floppy. first game i ever ripped from a cd was chessmaster. we had a cd compilation that had about 7 games. i found the file for chessmaster and copied it to disk.
i had a large porn collection around like 1991, mind you i was born in 1984
yeah great parents huh? i used to use the bbs's to download and play games. jailbreak was the first online game i ever played back around 1990. my name was "scales", it was a cool text based games. you got weapons and interacted with other characters, and the interactions were real time. so if someone else signed in, they could do battle with you.
ahhh the good old days, hookster's bbs. he had quite a few programs on there.
I think the first thing I ever pirated were Gameboy games. Now, I was 3 or 4 years old, and in Hong Kong, there were places that sold these 40 or 50 games in 1 cartridge. My dad thought it was a bargain and didn't know it was piracy, so he bought quite a few of them for my sister and I. We would continue buying them until we emigrated to Canada.
I specifically remember one of those cartridges having both Pokemon Red and Blue in them plus 28 other games.
In terms of the first time I KNEW I was pirating something. It would probably be emulating SNES roms.
LOZ: A Link to the Past for SNES. I had the entire game and emulator on an "extra large" 5MB floppy disk back in 6th grade. A friend burned it for me because I had a dial up connection and 5MB might as well have been 5 years to me then. After that I got into emulating SNES games and eventually wound up here years later
A tape when I was three to a soundtrack. The first REAL thing I pirated was The Sims and the Петька series at that time (which just went up to Return of Alaska) My PC was Pentium 3 back then and all my games worked with near no problems. I hate load times, though, The Sims took about 5-10 minutes.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...