• Views 4,643
  • Replies 31

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
VISHI SO FISHI said:
oh man, not to be a hatter but i expected way better, a almost full 3d game with the orignal GTA view....

oh well i am still looking forward it..

ditto

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Whoa, this looks AWESOME
toot.gif

You're seriously naive if you've expected a full 3D GTA on the DS, and if you're still convinced that that's how it should've been, get a PSP and stop bullshitting.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't get too good of a look, just about 10 minutes on the bus playing my friend's, but GTA for PSP didn't seem too fun.
Also, unlike San Andreas, you couldn't shoot people's legs off.
Only their heads. How lame!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
From the screenshots.. this IS a full 3d game with the original GTA view..
tongue.gif

Well, not quite. Yes, it is fully 3D, and it's almost top-down, but it's actually an isometric perspective. So, it will have a Z-axis, whereas the first two GTAs did not. Think Phantom Hourglass with slightly more emphasis on the top perspective than the back perspective.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
irpacynot said:
CockroachMan said:
From the screenshots.. this IS a full 3d game with the original GTA view..
tongue.gif

Well, not quite. Yes, it is fully 3D, and it's almost top-down, but it's actually an isometric perspective. So, it will have a Z-axis, whereas the first two GTAs did not. Think Phantom Hourglass with slightly more emphasis on the top perspective than the back perspective.
I think that the biggest difference isn't the camera, but the fact that the world is built like in any other 3D game, which makes it look more 'natural', much unlike Phantom Hourglass and GTA 1+2, which look all blocky and grid-like.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
I think that the biggest difference isn't the camera, but the fact that the world is built like in any other 3D game, which makes it look more 'natural', much unlike Phantom Hourglass and GTA 1+2, which look all blocky and grid-like.

Well, I was just speaking to the nature of the camera perspective, but it's really too early to comment on what you're referring to. We don't know anything about the character movement. Of course, Link in PH moved free of any type of grid -- it was completely natural in the sense you're talking about. The environments were grid-like, though.

Either way, it's nice to finally have an inkling of the direction they're going in with this game. But Rockstar has made some significant changes to graphical elements in past games as those games neared their release, so what we're seeing now isn't necessarily the best representation of what we'll get in the end.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Lol!
I was reading loads of debates over whether it should be 2D or 3D.
Good thing Rockstar listened and made it both!

Anyway, I like the look! And the discription sounds cool too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.