Status
Not open for further replies.

Memfis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As you can read here, a group named "TeamPiRATECLUB" say, that they found a working exploit.

For now there are no pictures or videos, but I think they are credible as Crown3DS.

Reactions: 1 person

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
google translate:

"First software exploit by Team Pirate Club [MP3INK]
Good day friends of the German homebrew community.
We, the development team Pirate Club, are pleased to present you our latest release.
The world's first exploit the 3DS: MP3INK
Since 29/06/2011, the MP3INK already in development, and he is now ready.
There are still carried out some minor bug fixes.
But how does this work?
About the Nintendo 3DS mailbox, it is possible to send and receive MP3s.
Here comes the 3DSINK into play. He created an MP3 file, which draw on the SD card and then send to a friend in the art. This allows unsigned codes, similar to the Twilight Hack be played.
Because the exploit is still at a very early stage, we ask for your help.
We are looking for beta testers.
Please send us a PM with the subject line to BETA, and what experience you have in terms of coding and homebrew.
Image and video material is folgen.Näheres to exist in / b /. In this sense,

Dreaming in digital,
Living in real time,
thinking in binary,
Talking in IP,
brain rain,
darkside,
welcome to our world."

I dont belive it is true yet

Reactions: 3 people

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how I can glance really quick at who has liked an OP and notice that yuyuyup has liked it.

Then I am like, "Shit thread is shit".

It's like he is sending us a message, "Yuyuyup, You keep telling yourself that."

xD

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Wir haben Kontakt zu einem Crown 3DS Mitarbeiter.

Roughly: "we have contact with a Crown3DS developer".

This means:
A/. Crown3DS is real
B/. This is bullshit

EDIT: They posted they'll post a video on facebook. Now we have to wait and see.

They say Zelda OOT doesn't work and there are framerate drops with other games (notably in SSFIV Online multiplayer). This might mean they've created a software backup loader.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As you can read here, a group named "TeamPiRATECLUB" say, that they found a working exploit.

For now there are no pictures or videos, but I think they are credible as Crown3DS.

So about as credible as the completely obvious and fake project.

By the way I have a working 3DS exploit too.
It's pretty sweet. I mean I don't have pictures, videos, or anything but I can tell you the exploit involved a penguin, and a lot of gummy candy.
I'm totally legit. I'll release this exploit for $10,000.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here is something the said to a few comments
What will the exploit to??
Homebrew Channel or a cfw?

You can start a file with it, a HC or a CFW isnt in Development for now.
But we have made a Hello world

quoteS.png
Zitat von »MetaKnight«

It would be far more interesting to see Videos or Pictures
Was genau macht euer Exploit, eine genauere Erklärung wäre vllt. auch schon mal hilfreich.
Prove will be released soon

quoteS.png
Zitat von »Brawl«

the nintendo briefkasten was released in December . How can you work on it since juni?​
We started with Sound file. But we hit a few problems with it so we canceled the project around september but with the release of the "briefkasten" our interst was awaken again

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well they claim that it works with a spicial mp3 file ,this alone makes it very hard to believe
No it doesn't. You can use any type of an extension for the file, it doesn't matter. How do you think banner bomb worked? Oversized graphics = temporary system crash due to overlapping buffors = possibility to inject code in the overlap.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well they claim that it works with a spicial mp3 file ,this alone makes it very hard to believe
No it doesn't. You can use any type of an extension for the file, it doesn't matter. How do you think banner bomb worked? Oversized graphics = temporary system crash due to overlapping buffors = possibility to inject code in the overlap.
i know this but its hard to believe that the wouldnt build in something like a check to prevent it from opening in the first timte

SanoKeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I didn't know that either. It seems pretty intersting, and It's a pretty simple and clean Idea, to run an exploit from mp3 files.

I hope it works.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i know this but its hard to believe that the wouldnt build in something like a check to prevent it from opening in the first timte

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MP3 is a very well established format and by this point the vast majority of vulnerabilities in the format are worked out. With bannerbomb, it was using a Nintendo proprietary image format, for which there are not well established libraries with plenty of bugfixes over the years, so vulnerabilities were far more likely. It is unlikely there is an exploit in an MP3 file.

Also the stuff about Crown3DS - why would a flashcard manufacturer care about an exploit unrelated to their card? All seems like nonsense to me. But I guess you gotta give them a bit of time to provide proof and stuff.

EDIT: Their FB page now makes mention of something to do with running ROMs. I highly doubt the authenticity of this.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MP3 is a very well established format and by this point the vast majority of vulnerabilities in the format are worked out. With bannerbomb, it was using a Nintendo proprietary image format, for which there are not well established libraries with plenty of bugfixes over the years, so vulnerabilities were far more likely. It is unlikely there is an exploit in an MP3 file.

Also the stuff about Crown3DS - why would a flashcard manufacturer care about an exploit unrelated to their card? All seems like nonsense to me. But I guess you gotta give them a bit of time to provide proof and stuff.
even more why should they help a group that would release the exploid for free which would prevent most user to buy the crown3ds
@edit
yes they now say that it can play 3ds dumps

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
MP3 might have vulnerabilities in DRM or Artist/etc. data (an absurdly huge string might cause a system crash).

EDIT: They say Crown3DS failed and they've spoken with an ex-developer.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MP3 might have vulnerabilities in DRM or Artist/etc. data (an absurdly huge string might cause a system crash).

EDIT: They say Crown3DS failed and they've spoken with an ex-developer.
but this could be hust a claim we dont even know if crown3ds isnt scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: