Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
herbal said:
Law said:
herbal said:
flusflus89 said:
Yeah... Nintendo better think carefully about these "DSi" only titles. I got a DS Lite and I'm sticking with it. If it turns out to be a bad acquisition then they can shove DS 2 up their asses next year, I'm going Sony.

I bet it didn't even cross the mind of those morons bragging about DSi only titles that the very concept of the DSi is a f***ing scam. Yeah sure! Cram 2 VERY crappy cams in the handheld and make the touch screen bigger although KEEPING THE SAME RESOLUTION and spill it in the stores so the clows will buy the same s*** again. Goog going!

Yes, maybe you should go Sony. Sony would never ever do anything like that, you are so right. The PSPGo is so much better than the regular PSP and the PS3 Slim is very much better than the "fat" PS3.

But there aren't PSPGo and PS3 Slim only games, which is where your argument falls flat.

Sure, but therefore Sony pushes out new hardware revisions with minor (slim) or major (microphone) improvements even more often then Nintendo ever did (at least as far as I can remember, correct me if I am wrong).
Besides that, what about those PSP owners who bought a lot of games on UMD? If you had an old DS you could at least play all your games on the DSL and you still can play them on DSi, the same is not the case with PSP and PSPGo. UMDs can no longer be used with the new PSPGo, so you cannot use the games you own for this system with the "new" PSP even though it is pretty much the same hardware whereas the DSi has at least one new feature (camera) that can provide new gameplay concepts (simply not possible on the DSL) which really should be used in games in my opinion.

Sony aren't saying that you HAVE to buy the PSPGo in order to play new games. Whether or not a person wants to get a Go is entirely their choice in that case (they aren't forced to purchase a new unit for double the price of an older one, and will probably opt for an older unit [or keep their current PSP]), unlike Nintendo who originally said that they weren't planning on having DSi only games, and have now decided to have one released that will probably start the ball rolling on others, forcing people to buy the DSi if they want to play any new games. Any games released on the PSP Go will be able to be played on an older PSP. You say that they new games for the DSi will be "eye-toy-like games", but what if they aren't? What if Nintendo starts pushing developers to create games exclusively for the DS in order to push up hardware sales (it wouldn't surprise me)? Then everybody who owns a DS or DSL will have to purchase a new DSi, which is increasingly stupid as time goes on since the DS2 probably isn't very far away.

herbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
Sony aren't saying that you HAVE to buy the PSPGo in order to play new games. Whether or not a person wants to get a Go is entirely their choice in that case (they aren't forced to purchase a new unit for double the price of an older one, and will probably opt for an older unit [or keep their current PSP]), unlike Nintendo who originally said that they weren't planning on having DSi only games, and have now decided to have one released that will probably start the ball rolling on others, forcing people to buy the DSi if they want to play any new games. Any games released on the PSP Go will be able to be played on an older PSP. You say that they new games for the DSi will be "eye-toy-like games", but what if they aren't? What if Nintendo starts pushing developers to create games exclusively for the DS in order to push up hardware sales (it wouldn't surprise me)? Then everybody who owns a DS or DSL will have to purchase a new DSi, which is increasingly stupid as time goes on since the DS2 probably isn't very far away.

But you have to buy the same games twice if you want to use them on your PSPGo even though Sony initially told people that they would provide an option for those who already have a PSP and games on UMD.
Whether you or I or anybody else like it or not, that is in no way better than that what Nintendo did and thats all I tried to explain.

If you want to play a game that uses the camera then you need hardware that HAS this camera. The DS(L) doesn't, so is it really so difficult to accept this as a very good reason for a game not being compatible with DS(L)???? Maybe you would have accepted it if Nintendo just labelled it DS2 instead or Wii Portable?

I don't think there is much more to say on this. If Nintendo ever decides to release a DSi-only game that could deliver exactly the same gameplay on DS (i.e. which does not make use of the camera) then we would have a really good reason to complain about it, but there is no such game and there probably won't ever be such one.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
herbal said:
Law said:

But you have to buy the same games twice if you want to use them on your PSPGo even though Sony initially told people that they would provide an option for those who already have a PSP and games on UMD.
Whether you or I or anybody else like it or not, that is in no way better than that what Nintendo did and thats all I tried to explain.

If you want to play a game that uses the camera then you need hardware that HAS this camera. The DS(L) doesn't, so is it really so difficult to accept this as a very good reason for a game not being compatible with DS(L)???? Maybe you would have accepted it if Nintendo just labelled it DS2 instead or Wii Portable?

You're missing the point, you don't have to buy a PSPGo in the first place.

And way to be patronizing. I understood what you said, but your reasoning for it is incredibly shitty, and your arguments are full of holes. I couldn't give a shit about the DSi.

herbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
You're missing the point, you don't have to buy a PSPGo in the first place.

And way to be patronizing. I understood what you said, but your reasoning for it is incredibly shitty, and your arguments are full of holes. I couldn't give a shit about the DSi.

Well, as you understood what I just said then please feel free to fill in the holes in my arguments if you think you can and you really have to in order to prove me wrong - but for me, I don't see anything that needs to be added in order to point out that flusflus89's statement about bad Nintendo who force the poor customer to buy the "same sh*** again" whereas Sony follow a much better and more customer-friendly policy simply is not true. That was the point I was talking about - nothing more and nothing less.
If he wrote: "Nintendo is as bad as Sony" then I would probably have agreed (even though I would not have felt the need to put a comment in here). ;-))

You don't have to like my opinion or my arguments and nobody is forcing you to buy a DSi in order to play games that mainly use the DSI's camera (and to be honest, I really don't care if you do). ;-)

And here we come to an other point (which has nothing to do with flusflus89's statement) - and where I am speaking just for me: It is nice to see that there are (or may be) original games that provide some new game mechanics which make use of a completely new (at least for explicit handheld consoles) input method not possible on other hardware. As you may (or may not) know, some games completely rely on a certain input method like Wii Sports for Wii (or Wario Ware Snapped for DSi) where nobody really can complain about this not having been released for game cube (as it probably would have been a very poor game) and some games don't (like Zelda TP which is very much the same game for Game Cube and Wii or take those many PS2 game-conversions which are poorly adapted to the Wii motion controller). As long as DSi-exclusive games are not like the latter example then I am perfectly fine with it. If you want to play an Eye Toy-like game with stylus then you are a really great customer with very low expectations but for the company who makes this game, it is counter-productive, as there would be many people complaining about the poor playability on their Nintendo DS (and I completely agree with Blaze163 as it may be very much the case that the game of this thread will be a very bad game, but maybe there also will be some good games, too).
It is your very right to demand a version of an original DSi game to be also working on your DS no matter if it will make sense or not, unfortunately (for the game companies) not many customers like you exist.

Even so I'd love to discuss with you about this a bit longer I also have a real live to live - sorry! ;-)

PS:
I added the sentence with the completely polemical statement about Nintendo being as bad as Sony just recently after having read the follow-up post. ;-))))))

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
herbal said:
Even so I'd love to discuss with you about this a bit longer I also have a real live to live - sorry! ;-)

I love it when people answer trolls with this, it's even funnier when you realise they actually spent an hour typing up that wall of text (and yet somehow they still didn't understand any of the previous posts).

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well there was a camera for the NDS/NDSL I believe, so maybe it can be integrated in the future, still the NDS/NDSL lack of the procesor and extra memory the DSi has, but as long as they don't create a good game, there is nothing to talk about, I mean no one is buying a DSi just for this title, so let's wait till there is one (like Zelda or something like that)...!!
lecture.gif

camera.jpg

SOURCE

herbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
herbal said:

I love it when people answer trolls with this, it's even funnier when you realise they actually spent an hour typing up that wall of text (and yet somehow they still didn't understand any of the previous posts).

OK, OK, now you got me cornered. This is a very good point and you really know how to underpin your statements. DSi is bad and it is not good to release original games for an original system.

So lucky you and poor me.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
herbal said:
Law said:
herbal said:

OK, OK, now you got me cornered. This is a very good point and you really know how to underpin your statements. DSi is bad and it is not good to release original games for an original system.

It just shows how little you actually read, considering I never said that.

herbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
herbal said:
Law said:
herbal said:

Oh dear, I was talking about a specific comment of a specific member, I did not try to heal the world or make a statement that could be used as an answer to all the different opinions written before or after that comment. Please read what I write and don't just pick those parts that you find easy to answer.
Could we put this discussion to an end now (it is really starting to keeping me off my real life activities) or do you still feel the need to share some more great arguments like those in your last few posts?
Thanks.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
herbal said:
Law said:
herbal said:
Law said:
herbal said:

Oh dear, I was talking about a specific comment of a specific member, I did not try to heal the world or make a statement that could be used as an answer to all the different opinions written before or after that comment. Please read what I write and don't just pick those parts that you find easy to answer.
Could we put this discussion to an end now (it is really starting to keeping me off my real life activities) or do you still feel the need to share some more great arguments like those in your last few posts?
Thanks.

No, I'm good. I don't even need to comment on that to make people see how dumb it makes you look. Enjoy tending to your "real life" activities.

herbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
Enjoy tending to your "real life" activities.

That's nice of you, thanks. Please feel free to do the same.
smile.gif

Update: Just one quick thing that just came to my mind (sorry it took a bit longer, I just needed to find the appropriate English words).
It's not the case that I do not want to understand what you where trying to tell me but as you didn't provide me any good arguments underscoring that that what "flusflus89" wrote (you remember? that's the guy whose statement I was referring to all the time) was right and worth to be supported it's very, very difficult to get your point correctly.
Most part of your line of argument consisted of arguments about telling me that the things I pointed out where faulty, full of holes or simply fall flat - which is a very easy and also very fluffy way to disagree with ones position - but even now that I am trying to re-read your comments (yes, they really keep me off my real live activities but at least I try to think about them and that's the way it should be...and to be honest...somehow its fun) I still don't find a single argument that really underpins specifically what "flusflus89" wrote.

So you see I really tried but there is not much in your comments that could be seen as a good point...well...at least I tried to understand you.

flippa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
herbal said:
Law said:
Enjoy tending to your "real life" activities.

That's nice of you, thanks. Please feel free to do the same.
smile.gif

Update: Just one quick thing that just came to my mind (sorry it took a bit longer, I just needed to find the appropriate English words).
It's not the case that I do not want to understand what you where trying to tell me but as you didn't provide me any good arguments underscoring that that what "flusflus89" wrote (you remember? that's the guy whose statement I was referring to all the time) was right and worth to be supported it's very, very difficult to get your point correctly.
Most part of your line of argument consisted of arguments about telling me that the things I pointed out where faulty, full of holes or simply fall flat - which is a very easy and also very fluffy way to disagree with ones position - but even now that I am trying to re-read your comments (yes, they really keep me off my real live activities but at least I try to think about them and that's the way it should be...and to be honest...somehow its fun) I still don't find a single argument that really underpins specifically what "flusflus89" wrote.

So you see I really tried but there is not much in your comments that could be seen as a good point...well...at least I tried to understand you.

I have nothing to add to this discussion other than you should really READ what is said, before telling others to do so; but the way you bring up your "real life activities" in every post, makes it sound like you don't have one. Just like how most people online that brag about their supar awesomz real lives, are usually reclusive irl. Same applies to that certain part of the body people brag about, when irl it's the opposite.
wink.gif

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
outgum said:
DSi is fail, leave it at that?

Again, just because you don't have it doesn't mean it's fail. Tbh it's no where near.
Anyways, this has gone much off-topic.

Ontopic:

From the hands-on reviews it looks worth trying out (well, when someone finds out how to open DSi-mode).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you