OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

Can anyone point me to where I can find the following:

1. Minimum firmware requirements for specific games
2. Current firmware supported by CFW (any CFW will do, just looking for the info)

Thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere currently supports 10.0.4, the latest Switch version as of this post, if you have an RCM exploitable device. If you have an ipatched system, the sysNAND must be kept on 4.1, and the emuNAND can be updated to 10.0.4. If you have a newer system that is not RCM vulnerable and is on a system version higher than 4.1, then it cannot be hacked without a TX modchip.

Software version requirements for games are complicated, since there are various requirements that can be bypassed and others that cannot. It also becomes more complicated since game updates and DLC can increase those requirements. It is recommended to keep your system up to date if your CFW supports it. Always check your CFW for compatibility updates before updating your system.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Lightyose

Shoruk3n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thank you for the informative reply! I currently use sx os, but I could easily be convinced to switch to atmosphere, I've been wanting to try layerdfs for like 2 years anyway lol. If I were to switch, would I need to format my sd card? I have a lot of saves I don't want to part with...

As far as bypassing requirements, is there somewhere specific I can find more info on the subject?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thank you for the informative reply! I currently use sx os, but I could easily be convinced to switch to atmosphere, I've been wanting to try layerdfs for like 2 years anyway lol. If I were to switch, would I need to format my sd card? I have a lot of saves I don't want to part with...

As far as bypassing requirements, is there somewhere specific I can find more info on the subject?
SX OS is also compatible with 10.0.4, so you don't have to switch. If you were to switch, you would not have to format your SD card. Also, saves are not stored on the SD card; they are stored on the system's internal NAND. The SD card stores installed titles (if you chose to install them there).

If you install your games using blawar's Tinfoil, you can bypass most requirements. You can also manually patch games yourself. However, the SDK used to make a game is not something that can be bypassed, since the game will be looking for dependencies on your system that are not present because your system version is too low. For that reason, if you want to be able to play newer games, you will be required to update sooner or later. It's also easier to keep your system updated than it is to worry about version requirements and patching games.

Shoruk3n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh interesting, I had been looking at threads on the sx os forums and it appeared that people were having issues with 10.x firmware on the sx beta that had support for it. I'm pretty sure the official sx os release doesn't have support for 10.x OFW.

...but if atmosphere has 10.0.4 support and I don't need to format my sd card, it's all a bit of a moot point because I might just migrate to atmosphere. Although, now that I think about it, I use sx os with emunand hidden partition. Can I still migrate all my stuff to atmo?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh interesting, I had been looking at threads on the sx os forums and it appeared that people were having issues with 10.x firmware on the sx beta that had support for it. I'm pretty sure the official sx os release doesn't have support for 10.x OFW.

...but if atmosphere has 10.0.4 support and I don't need to format my sd card, it's all a bit of a moot point because I might just migrate to atmosphere. Although, now that I think about it, I use sx os with emunand hidden partition. Can I still migrate all my stuff to atmo?
Yes, you can still migrate to Atmosphere with relative ease.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo