Hacking Firmware is 4.3.0-4U boot9strap(soundhax)

Devil_EG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, i'm wanting to mod my 3ds and run CFW. so far i have been using 3ds/hacks/guide

My Firmware is 4.3.0-4U on my 3ds. I am following the guide exactly step by step but my problem lies when I go to nintendo 3ds sound and try to open <3 nedwill 2016 , I get some text on the top but a few seconds later get forced to restart the 3ds. I have installed all the correct files. Can anyone steer me in the right direction or help me so that i can at least boot up boot9strap. Thank you everyone in advance.

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, i'm wanting to mod my 3ds and run CFW. so far i have been using 3ds/hacks/guide

My Firmware is 4.3.0-4U on my 3ds. I am following the guide exactly step by step but my problem lies when I go to nintendo 3ds sound and try to open <3 nedwill 2016 , I get some text on the top but a few seconds later get forced to restart the 3ds. I have installed all the correct files. Can anyone steer me in the right direction or help me so that i can at least boot up boot9strap. Thank you everyone in advance.

Have you considered upgrading your console to the latest OFW and using the Seedminer option from the official guide instead? :)

Reactions: E1ite007

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany

What's the text which you get when you open the nedwill file?

Devil_EG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just as KokoseiJ said, i have upgraded to the latest firmware and used seedminer and have had success modding my 3ds to run hombrew,cia,fbi,rosalia,godmode9. BaamAlex I would get the boot files that said something about ninjax and something like scriptinit() something like that im sure it was one of the files on the sd card trying to run the others. All is well now, I have modded my 3ds and am off to so many new things, i have to do a lot of reading to understand everything installed now and how to use it thoroughly. thank you everyone for your help.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Just as KokoseiJ said, i have upgraded to the latest firmware and used seedminer and have had success modding my 3ds to run hombrew,cia,fbi,rosalia,godmode9. BaamAlex I would get the boot files that said something about ninjax and something like scriptinit() something like that im sure it was one of the files on the sd card trying to run the others. All is well now, I have modded my 3ds and am off to so many new things, i have to do a lot of reading to understand everything installed now and how to use it thoroughly. thank you everyone for your help.
That's nice, Welcome and have fun!

Devil_EG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's nice, Welcome and have fun!
I just got twilight menu and im starting to get some gba, nds, and 3ds games now. I wanted to ask you something, would i get banned if i played and 3ds/ds games online against others such as mariokart 7, some people say as long as you dont use cheats you will be fine but i dont want to risk it without someone knowing first hand. Also would a ban from online result in my 3ds not being able to be used anymore like a brick or i cant connect to the interent to update the other cia files and cfw i have on my 3ds. Im fine with offline play but it would just be a bonus if i could also play against others online.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I just got twilight menu and im starting to get some gba, nds, and 3ds games now. I wanted to ask you something, would i get banned if i played and 3ds/ds games online against others such as mariokart 7, some people say as long as you dont use cheats you will be fine but i dont want to risk it without someone knowing first hand. Also would a ban from online result in my 3ds not being able to be used anymore like a brick or i cant connect to the interent to update the other cia files and cfw i have on my 3ds. Im fine with offline play but it would just be a bonus if i could also play against others online.

I'm not sure about being banned by playing pirated copy, but I think it's fine, there are people who plays like that after all. Just be sure that You disabled "Show friends currently playing software" or something like that, and you are probably good to go.

Also, If you're banned, You will most likely not being able to connect to Nintendo's server, so No friend code, no multiplayer, no E shop. but It's not a big deal If you're mostly playing single player game, We have FBI and google after all. E shop is not needed at all. so Your 3DS will still be usable, just without online functionality.

By the way, If your console is banned, Your console itself and NNID will be banned together.

EDIT: Also, Nintendo WFC for DS/Wii games are already shut down, so You can't be banned at all in DS game :P. Private servers are up and running, and they won't ban you for running pirated copy of the game.

Last edited by KokoseiJ,
Reactions: Devil_EG

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you're not cheating online, you are highly unlikely to get banned on the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls