Hacking Firmware 1.12

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing its a Moonshell thing but I'd love to be able to pause with videos and music as well as the fastforward/rewind.

Shoulder buttons L & R
One is pause, one is next track/vid. Can't remember which - I don't use them (because I keep skipping the rest of a track when I want to pause it). You can lock them in the menu so's you put it back in your pocket.

Also, left/right on the D-Pad while a video is playing will fast-forward/rewind the vid. How fast it FF's/rewinds depends on the size of the vid.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I was unclear, I didn't mean the soft reset in Moonshell, that is fine in the last release. I am talking about moonshell not booting at all when you have th soft reset for GAMES turned on. That issue has been in the firmware for a while now.

This is interesting......it works fine for me. I can boot Moonshell with soft-reset enabled. I always have soft-reset enabled. Games reset, Moonshell will reset to the main menu screen by hitting start....no problems here.

Hmm....I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just saying that I don't have those issues.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
same here. I don't have the issues either.

p.s. that is really bad fast forwarding. it's not even noticable and you can't do it in music.

Zantheo

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1.12 could make it possible to play games like Worms open warfare 2.
So people don't have to fix it with that scary fixing thingy.

dry.gif

faiyez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm worried about Worms 2, I mean, even if they release 1.12, that game isn't having an asian release, would they even care about worms?

I hope that the US version of Worms 2 doesn't have this problem....

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got like 30 episodes of family guy converted to watch on the ds and fast forward and rewind can be such a pain. if you are at the start of a video its reasonably quick to FF or RW but if you are in the middle or right at the end it can take up to a minute lol

thats like a 22 minute video though.

faiyez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Instead of FF/RW, isn't it better to just pause the video and then use the stylus search thingie? That's what I do....

springah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The R4 has been restocked on many sites, so I doubt it's dead.
wink.gif

the whole interest of the R4DS is dead, firmware updates are long overdue, the cyclo DS is now heading for first place most slot 1 cards that are out there offer much more than the R4DS now, that's why i am changing my flash cart.

Hahahahahah.

Enjoy your retarded cycle of flash carts - it never ends! Find one that works with what you want and stick with it.

Then stay the hell outta the R4 forum.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
the whole interest of the R4DS is dead, firmware updates are long overdue, the cyclo DS is now heading for first place most slot 1 cards that are out there offer much more than the R4DS now, that's why i am changing my flash cart.
What are you talking about? The r4 is still one of the best considering its features and price. And what do you mean the firmware is long overdue? It comes out every month (except for this one, but there is no scheduled time for the releases). Please prove that the r4ds is dead. And the reason they cant keep r4s in stock is because they are so popular they cant keep up production.
biggrin.gif

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, the R4 is dead. That's why online stores can't keep it in stock for very long.
rolleyes.gif

You guys are pretty funny sometimes, you know that, right?

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be nice to have the SDHC support even though i know it isnt possible...but to be honest..my 2gb TF card can hold up to about 40 games or so, and i dont even fill it because there isnt even close to 40 games i think are great to have on me all at once...on my 1gb TF card i have less than 20 games on it (and the card isnt totally filled up) and im not exactly itching to put on any more...so i dont think not having SDHC support makes the r4 obsolete b/c the 2gb is more than sufficient, at least imo.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using an R4 for only games is meh...but to each his own. No SDHC is the reason I'm switching to Cyclo. I want to have 6GB of manga, music and movies on me always. Games don't hurt either
biggrin.gif

You can't really knock the R4 for not having SDHC support, though. It came out way before the tech was out, and the R4 kicks ass and almost more than makes up for it. Too bad they didn't go with some writable internal memory to store the firmware on, that way we could update the loader.

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of FF/RW, isn't it better to just pause the video and then use the stylus search thingie? That's what I do....

this stylus search thingie you speak of... you mean in moonshell?! what is it? and can you do it in movies? tell me!!!

and springah, I agree with you completely.

No doubt, the so-called fast-forward ain't so fast.

When in moonshell watching a movie, hold the stylus on the bottom screen for a second, the bottom screem will come to life and you will see a progress bar on there, well just point to somewhere on that bar and moonshell will seek to that point in the movie. To exit just hold the stylus to the bottom screen somewhere other than the progess bar and it should pop back up to the top screen for playback.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small