FireFox VS. IE VS. Other. Which one ?

Which one is better? Firefox or Internet Explorer? (Or other)

• FireFox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Internet Explorer

• Opera

• Other (Please say which)

• Total voters

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Mostly Firefox. (addicted to AdBlock Plus & Direct Link extensions)

Occasionally Opera and Safari.

On Windows, I stopped using IE when websites were able to install software without user intervention, so it was the Mozilla suite for me. I was quite happy when the Phoenix project (later Firebird, now Firefox) was started because I didn't care for all the bloat of the entire Mozilla package.

Around the Firebird days was when I was recommending friends and family to switch---basically to make my life easier. They would screw up their computer with comet cursor, bonzai buddy and all kind of themes and toolbars for IE that it tool ages to fix up. Since it was MY job to get their computer's running faster the least they could do is switch browsers...
smile.gif

I'm glad IE 7 has improved a lot, and I hear good things about IE 8, but I will not support it until webmasters stop building their sites with only IE users in mind. Standards exist for a reason.

P

pasc

Opera FTW !

I use Firefox just incase Opera takes 100 hours to boot again or if I ehhmm... *
shy.gif
* have to do something illeg.... I meant INTELLIGENT !

Yeah, Opera is just great (especially the feature that automatically saves the last opened webpages and the quickaccess.)

D

Deleted User

I use Safari, as being based over khtml it avoids the main drawback of gecko : slowness... But it's also a lot less robust... I guess there's always a tradeoff.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i voted IE but after i voted i downloaded firefox and i must say w00t i love it and the plugins are so good. the reason i got firefox was because of you tempers voted it better than the rest and i must say thanks to you all who voted FireFox

mekaone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Safari for my Mac. I am on it almost all the time. When at work and almost any where else I use FireFox. What I do is use Portable Apps from portableapps.com on my 2GB thumb drive and FireFox is one of he apps I use. I can use my web browser on any windows machine and keep all my bookmarks and when I unplug it, it leaves no trace that I was on that computer. This is very good for work where I don't want anyone to see or use any of my apps and bookmarks. If Safari was not so fast in loading almost everything I would use FireFox for every computer even Mac. I don't like IE at all.

drkshinigami

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
firefox ftw. I use it cause it so many features and its not bulky but, occasionally i Use IE7 for those websites that are prejudice to other web browsers.

Brainy142

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
internet exploder sucks but works with anything I use firefox for anything unless i have too. I tried opera, but missed adblock
tongue.gif

get firefox with adblock and NEVER SEE AN AD AGIN
tongue.gif
:P:P

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
internet exploder sucks but works with anything I use firefox for anything unless i have too. I tried opera, but missed adblock
tongue.gif

tongue.gif
You know, blocking the ads would be the worst thing you can do for the website you visit. You might as well, f*ck off from their website if you're going to do that, cuz they don't really care about you[not talking about GBATemp of course]. GBATemp for instance, you're going on to the forums, downloading stuff, reading news and you aren't paying a cent for all these. But the ads are the main thing that keeps this site up and running. You probably don't know how hard and costy to maintain a website, but if you'll happen to have one in the future, you'll understand. I am pretty sure the websites hates as much as you do when they put up those ads but if the users ain't gonna donate, how are they going to afford for the hosting, domains or servers ? Think about it.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

You know, blocking the ads would be the worst thing you can do for the website you visit. You might as well, f*ck off from their website if you're going to do that, cuz they don't really care about you[not talking about GBATemp of course]. GBATemp for instance, you're going on to the forums, downloading stuff, reading news and you aren't paying a cent for all these. But the ads are the main thing that keeps this site up and running. You probably don't know how hard and costy to maintain a website, but if you'll happen to have one in the future, you'll understand. I am pretty sure the websites hates as much as you do when they put up those ads but if the users ain't gonna donate, how are they going to afford for the hosting, domains or servers ? Think about it.

I can't help but laugh every time I see this logic. You make the false assumption here that if a user sees an ad, they'll click on it. If someone is willing to go through with the effort to install Adblock, it's pretty safe to say they aren't very valuable for clicking on ads. Ads on a site only generate revenue if someone clicks on them.

I use Adblock. Not once, ever, have I clicked an ad before Adblock... unless I'm on a site I support. I would randomly click on an ad just to help out. Of course, that's only a few cents. Now that I use Adblock, I simply donate when I have the spare cash. I'm sure my 10-20 bucks helps a little more than the few cents from an ad. But as for sites I'm just following on a link, or reading some blogspam or something, I would have never clicked on their ads anyway. In fact, I'm saving them money by saving the bandwidth they would have loaded had I let the ads load on my end.

Also:

"You know, blocking the ads would be the worst thing you can do for the website you visit. You might as well, f*ck off from their website if you're going to do that, cuz they don't really care about you"

Yea, I'm sure a site doesn't care about the vast majority of their visitors that don't click on ads. Because you know, that's all a website exists for, is to make money. God forbid they do it for their own enjoyment, or the sharing of knowledge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water