Firefox 4: Move the mouse to load the page

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Lucifer666, May 16, 2011.

May 16, 2011
  1. Lucifer666
    OP

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    Back when Firefox 4 was beta, there was this bug where pages wouldn't load a single letter unless your hand is constantly moving the mouse.
    I thought "Screw this! I'm going back to Chrome!"
    Yeah well, I can't access Pokemon Dream World with chrome, so I went back to redownload Firefox and noticed it was no longer beta.
    "Yay, they probably fixed that retarded manual loading bug"
    Installs.... 100% Complete! Launch Firefox? Yes.
    It works fine for the whole day, but I am disappointed because I haven't seen a browser whose GUI is as beautiful as chrome.
    And then at night.... boom! I have to keep moving the mouse to load pages.
    I checked the internet. Many people have this issue.
    Who else has this problem, and did you manage to fix it? If so, how?
    Thanks.

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I fixed the problem by never updating my browsers.
    Why fix what ain't broke... I have no idea what version of firefox I use, but it's old lol.

3. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    The definition of "Broke" varies. For example, if an updated firefox fixes security holes, does that classify older firefox's as broken? Browsers, especially FireFox are known to have memory leaks. The Mozilla crew more or less have tried tackling this problem with updates => older versions without the same algorithms are broken.

What is the point of all this? There are so many background technical details a standard user does not know about and a user cannot accurately label the definition of being broke.

---
    As far as a solution to the mouse problem, I have not seen that problem. I would recommend installing firefox in a completely new folder so you can start fresh without old remnants of past versions haunting your new installations. Also, I would delete and uninstall as many firefox remnants before installing the oldest version. If that doesn't fix your problem, it would be nice to know a bit more hardware wise of your computer and what operating system you are using.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    And in firefox 3.6 they found and patched 59 vulnerabilities rated "critical"... And then stopped working on it. So if you're still using 3.6, any other vulnerabilities are not going to be patched. The attackers know that. So after a product stops getting updates attackers start crafting exploits in the wild because they know there's stubborn people like you who won't update, and will thus be vulnerable since the exploit will not get fixed. While firefox doesn't list unpatched bugs there, there's lots of other sites that keep track of exploits.

http://secunia.com/advisories/graph/?type=...&prod=28698

There's currently no unpatched vulnerabilities for 3.6, but don't expect it to stay that way for long. Hackers love to prey on people using outdated software because they know it's never going ot be officially fixed, so the majority of people running that software will be vulnerable to any exploits in it.

5. CoolHipDude

Newcomer CoolHipDude Newbie

United States
    Darmanitan,

I have had this same problem on my HP DV5-1110EM too.

The same thing also happens when you are trying to download something - the
    download progress bar will not move unless you jiggle the mouse or jiggle the
    trackball (if you are using a trackball mouse, like the Logitech Trackman Marble
    Wheel).

I have also noticed that the problem comes and goes from time to time.

The solution? I'm gonna reformat the whole hard disk, reinstall W7, reinstall
    drivers and everything else, and then reinstall FF v. 3.6.15 / v. 3.6.17.

The FF developers can go f*** themselves and sum1 should shoot the dickhead
    bastards for inflicting buggy s/w on us!

CHD

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  7. ihackedit

Member ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Australia

8. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Or at the very least submit a bug to bugzilla. At least there's a bug tracking mechanism for Firefox. Good luck getting bugs fixed in IE.

9. marcus134

Member marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Looking at the mozilla support center, it seems that multiple things could cause the problem.

the first thing you should try would be to boot it in safe mode without add-on to see if it could be the problem.
    Also, some reported that outdated graphic drivers could be the cause (linked with hardware acceleration).
    Apparently for a few user, the problem came from a bad system date (check your bios)

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions...+mouse&as=s
    https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions...+mouse&as=s

10. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    I have not experienced any issues like you've described, and I've used both the latest builds of Chrome and Firefox since 2009. And Chrome has been the only one that has actually been exploited (clickjacking as a result of an XSS attack, several months ago).
    Which, if I'm correct, is what you're calling Firefox out for.

Also, not as pretty as Chrome?
    I beg to differ, sir.
    [​IMG]

11. CoolHipDude

United States

I have neither the time nor the inclination to compile source code.

So STFU to you with bells on!

CHD

12. Strider

Member Strider Next to the mainstream

@OP

A quick google shows you're not the only one. I can honestly say though, I have never experienced that behaviour (within years of usage on multiple pc's, os's and ff versions). Googling also revealed why: I use very few and select addons. You have to clean those up, the issue is propably within one of those.

Best start clean and add them one by one.

13. Ringo619

Member Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    tell me the name of that theme please Dx looks freaking awesome and if you don't like how firefox looks like why don't you use the the google chrome theme ? it makes it look exactly like chrome

14. Strider

Member Strider Next to the mainstream

Isn't that ... at least almost ... the default look of FF4?

15. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Then use Firefox 3.6 then.
    It has the feature not the bugs.

16. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    So you knowingly and willingly use "buggy software" and curse the developers for it... yet you're not willing to even attempt to do a better job, and instead find yourself the time and inclination to open up a GBATemp account and rant about it at people who, by all probablity, do not share your opinion?

Right, let's just stick a sign over your head: Please do not feed the trolls.

Speaking about themes... I like using cat themes. They be cute. Chrome doesn't seem to like it much when I attempt to put cat themes on it...

17. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    That's default with 20 mins worth of tinkering.

18. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Why can't you access DreamWorld on Chrome? Works fine here [​IMG]

19. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
  20. CoolHipDude

United States
    Why don't you shut the fuck up? No-one gives a fuck about your anal themes!

Only anal retentive assholes like you have the time and inclination to compile
    their own analware, so why don't you go compile your own rectum? This is what
    you have on your computer:-

Rectum OS v. 3.4 - The OS Of Choice For All Anal Retentive Assholes!

Rectum> compile originality.rectum

Compiling originality.rectum ................................................................
    ................................................................................

Adding libraries ........................... faeces.lib added .........................
    ............... rectum.lib added ............................... asshole.lib added ..

Linking packages .................. turdbrain.pkge linked .........................
    ............... shithead.pkge linked ......................................... general-
    asshole.pkge linked ...................................... fuckwit.pkge linked ....

Adding interfaces .................................. asshole.io added ...............
    ................................ mouth.io added ............................................
    ............ assmouth.io added ................................. shitbrain.io added
    ........................... shitface.io added ...............................................
    ................ dumbass.io added .....................................................

System Error ............ System Error ............. System Error ..............

Aborting compilation ....................................................................
    ................................................................................

Compilation aborted at 08:13:54 on 22/05/2011

Listing compilation error(s) ...................................................

Error - Unhandled flatulence procedure .............................................

Error - Too many concurrent flatulence processes ..............................

Error - Multiple instances of asshole ..................................................

Error - Invalid assfuck linking ...........................................................

You are an asshole and I hate you.

I don't wanna take any more of your crap.

I am now committing suicide as the only available sane and logical response ..

KKKKAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suicide committed at 08:15:33 on 22/05/2011

Invalid system disk - Please insert a valid system disk.

>_