D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Vidboy10 said:
Mozilla loves ripping off other browsers now don't they?

Everyone is freaking out about the new design saying it's such a huge chrome rip off. Who the fuck cares? It's the DEFAULT skin, you can (unlike chrome
tongue.gif
) install a new skin that looks completely unique.

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Jun 30 2010, 08:33 PM) Opera 10.60 is faster than any version of Firefox or Chrome.

No offense but I don't think anyone cares about Opera in the least bit. Why? Because everyone who uses Opera are completely stuck up and think they're from the future. You eventually just put Opera on your "Don't give a shit" list.

LoL. I'm not stuck up in the slightest. Nor do I think I'm from the future. It's just factual that it's faster regardless if anyone cares or not.
tongue.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Vidboy10 said:
Mozilla loves ripping off other browsers now don't they?

Everyone is freaking out about the new design saying it's such a huge chrome rip off. Who the fuck cares? It's the DEFAULT skin, you can (unlike chrome
tongue.gif
) install a new skin that looks completely unique.

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Jun 30 2010, 08:33 PM) Opera 10.60 is faster than any version of Firefox or Chrome.

No offense but I don't think anyone cares about Opera in the least bit. Why? Because everyone who uses Opera are completely stuck up and think they're from the future. You eventually just put Opera on your "Don't give a shit" list.

LoL. I'm not stuck up in the slightest. Nor do I think I'm from the future. It's just factual that it's faster regardless if anyone cares or not.
tongue.gif

I'm just saying from experience that Opera users are like Apple users in the sense that they all think they're using the best product and all the features on their product have never been thought of before.

Plus Firefox 4.0 beta hasn't even gotten the javascript addon that makes it go even faster.

kagutsuchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the current 3.6.6 version I have is giving me this shits, if I can be honest.

Every time it slows down on my Vista machine, then recovers, it changes the theme into stupid Vista Aero default crap, rather than my nice Green custom theme......

Lets hope this new version 4 doesn't do so, because currently 3.6.6 is almost abandoned by myself.

That's my 2 cents.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raiderscrusade said:
Well, the current 3.6.6 version I have is giving me this shits, if I can be honest.

Every time it slows down on my Vista machine, then recovers, it changes the theme into stupid Vista Aero default crap, rather than my nice Green custom theme......

Lets hope this new version 4 doesn't do so, because currently 3.6.6 is almost abandoned by myself.

That's my 2 cents.

Um, can your computer handle Firefox? Like is it outdated?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
tongue.gif
Rydian said:
QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Jun 30 2010, 09:33 PM) Opera 10.60 is faster than any version of Firefox or Chrome.
Verifiable third-party benchmarks or take it back.

seahorsepip

Trophies
Website
seahorsepip.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
raiderscrusade said:

That's my 2 cents.
If it is an visualstyle, which style engine/patch do you use ?or do you use windowsblinds(crappy shit)?

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to set it so that multiple tabs don't appear as multiple windows on Windows 7? It's useful sometimes, but there are times when I have so many tabs open that it's pointless.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeltaBurnt said:
raiderscrusade said:

That's my 2 cents.

I think when it handles Vista, it handles FireFox. This is stil weird, but whatever hust try this one
smile.gif

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Excellentnuke said:
Is there any way to set it so that multiple tabs don't appear as multiple windows on Windows 7? It's useful sometimes, but there are times when I have so many tabs open that it's pointless.
You mean the taskbar previews?
set browser.taskbar.previews.enable to false

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
raiderscrusade said:

That's my 2 cents.

2 GB Ram, 1 GB graphics, 2.1 GHz Processor it handled 3.5.10 perfect then I updated and it started stuffing around...

I'll just try this new version out
smile.gif

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Blah, Firefox 4.....

I'd like to get the beta...

But I'd also like to keep these:
-StumbleUpon Toolbar
-Tektek Toolbar
-App that gives you the option to search through tineye when you right click an image

....Blah, no updating yet, then.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Inunah said:
Blah, Firefox 4.....

I'd like to get the beta...

But I'd also like to keep these:
-StumbleUpon Toolbar
-Tektek Toolbar
-App that gives you the option to search through tineye when you right click an image

....Blah, no updating yet, then.
If you don't know how to use an old add-on on a newer version, then maybe you don't need a beta version. it's usually for developers to test and update add-on compatibility to be ready when the final 4.0 is finaly release to normal users.
But you know, there are 3 very easy solutions (2 of them were given few pages back) :
- edit the addon manually (download and save to disk instead of installing, rename .xpi to .zip, unzip, edit install.rdf, edit the max version to 4.0.* and repack, rename to xpi, install)
- install an add-on to disable version verification (but I suspect it only do the following without you knowing :
- edit the extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b to false (untested by me, do it at your own risk).

Edit :
I tried the last point, it's working fine.
No need to re-download unpack and modify the extensions manually, no need to install a new extension either
just put in the URL bar : about:config
accept the warning screen
right-click and choose "new>boolean"
name : extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b
value : false
restart Firefox

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Matthew said:
Sticking with chrome.

Ok, I know your post is on topic but it does nothing to contribute to the overall conversation whatsoever.
...and neither what you've just said there.

I'd use it but Adobe Flash Player isn't working on it so I can't watch videos, so I'm just sticking to 3.6.6 for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2