1. Grink

OP Grink GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this thread is to discuss the hacking/modifying of fire emblem warriors. it came out just today and doesn't seem to work without changing your locale to japanese.

i'm wondering if there are any other languages built into this as was the case with hyrule warriors or if koei wisened up

2. key1340

key1340 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The romfs only has Japanese voice and movies. The rest of the game is in one big file. It looks like the big file has some parts of the game's menu's in English and loading screens in multiple languages. If you don't set the game to use jap locale it sets the save to what ever language the 3ds is and trys to load that language and makes the game crash.

Last edited by key1340, Sep 27, 2017
  3. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

United States
    Is the Switch version out in Japan right now also?

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yes.

DarthDub likes this.
  5. desrone2

desrone2 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    According to this person: https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/913266205959401477
    https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/913260263750717440

there's english text, so there must be some kind of hack-able workaround someone can do for the rest of us to play it in english, although i'm not sure at all how long that would take, or how hard that really is to edit the game to launch with the english text, before the usa version is out in a few weeks anyway... but figured i'd share that in case some knowledgeable hacker/rom-editor knew how to do such a thing. The .cia file is floating around atm

6. Asia81

Asia81 GBAtemp Guru

France
    What, game is out?

7. SphereDoomer

SphereDoomer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was wondering about this because I got the game yesterday but even if i used luma locale it still crashed.
    I'll just be patient and see if someone can find out how to allow it to become playable.

8. Dylos

Dylos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You have to set it to Japan Japanese, and you'll likely have to delete your save.

9. KaitoAsakura

KaitoAsakura Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Don´t forget to enable the Game Patching Option in Luma Settings. I was stuck at crashing for a while too until I realize that I have to turn the game patching on as well :'D

10. SphereDoomer

SphereDoomer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yea i fixed it by uninstalling the game and reinstalling it so it purged the savedata it had that was corrupted by trying to launch the game in english lol....
    I got it to work, but now i'm wondering if i can keep the attention span to get through the game so I can do free mode with my favorite characters.

11. guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Guys, is a Class 10 SD card the only thing i need to get the game to run reasonably on the Old 3DS?

I seem to remeber HWL had a version specifically modified to run well on o3DS. I had it, even, but my SD needed to be formatted and I don't know what exactly i need to look for.

12. NanashiFinal13

NanashiFinal13 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    No, of course no, this is a New 3DS exclusive, the game don't work on old 3DS. Who say you that? Your memory class doesn't matter, if you don't have a New 3DS you can't play it , the old 3DS isn't strong enough to run it.

13. Grink

OP Grink GBAtemp Regular

United States
    theoretically you could run it at the o3ds' clockspeed like this:

14. Samsonb79

Samsonb79 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    No, even if you were to force it to launch it would either crash or run stupidly slow. Not to mention some of the controls are mapped to the inner shoulder buttons on the new 3ds

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Megathread, Warriors, Emblem