Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter Ultimate?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by BMinkie, May 31, 2013.

1. BMinkie
    OP

BMinkie GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2013
    United States
    I just picked up a 3ds today and those two games I can't decide which game to start first.

2. IBNobody

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High
    Fire Emblem is one of the top rated 3DS games and doesn't make you want to buy new hardware (circle-pad).

I hated other FE games, but I liked this one.

3. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    MH has a bizarrely huge learning curve, although this one is better...

It's playable without the Circle Pad Pro - although underwater fights still suck sometimes!

4. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    Go with Fire Emblem if you like strategy games

5. ilman

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Get both. They're awesome games and you won't be disappointed with either one of them.

6. SolidMario7

SolidMario7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2010
    United States
    California
    Decide for yourself, both games have a free downloadable demo at the eShop.

7. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    If you like both games, get both games, Id make a strong arguement to say that they are the 2 best games out on the 3DS right now. If you HAVE to get one, then get monster hunter. Much more gameplay, its a steep learning curve for sure but once you get the hang of it then it becomes incredably addictive and there is also a nice incentive to get more gear/diff weapons and the graphics are beautiful.

I do agree with the poster above me tho, both have demo's and both demo's show the core gameplay you will be experiencing in each game so if you find you enjoy one more than the other, get that game but if you enjoy both, get monster hunter.

8. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Honestly Monster Hunter seems like something that just needs to be your thing. I tried the demo and MHTri on the Wii and hated both, but I thought Fire Emblem was amazing (even though I normally dislike SRPGs). Most people who like Monster Hunter say 3U is the best thing ever though, so just get whatever you like best. If you enjoy MH, probably get that.

9. naved.islam14

naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sep 12, 2009
    Gotham
    Fire Emblem is really good even if you've never played a Fire Emblem game before. I tried the Monster Hunter demo, but I found it too difficult.

10. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    I say try the demo's and say yourself. Both demo's give a good taste of both games.

11. heartgold

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    This is probably the best fire emblem game. I never got going with the others ones, this version is perfect for I. I'm on chapter 17, having a blast.

Try out both demos.

12. BMinkie
    OP

BMinkie GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2013
    United States
    no no some of you guys mis understand I bought both games and a circle pad pro :-) I just don't know what game to play first lol

13. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    ... Whichever one you want to, honestly. There's no right or wrong answer. If you want to fiddle with your CPP, play MH. If not, Fire Emblem.

14. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Fire Emblem. As others have said, MH has a higher learning curve and requires quite a bit more playing to get familiar with. If you've happened to play FF: Tactics, previous FE games, Advance Wars or other similar strategy games, FE for the 3DS has a relatively low learning curve :)

15. F3l1xbxb

F3l1xbxb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2013
    Go for the fire emblem come back here and trade with me the pin code of fire emblem and i will give u the code so u can download the monster hunter :) you get the 2 games and i get closser to get a free one :)

16. BMinkie
    OP

BMinkie GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2013
    United States
    used the codes already sorry got my self a pounch from nintendo lol