ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates: ROM Hacking General Thread

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Siblings and parent conversations are auto generated by the game, there is no need to implement those.

That being said, sibling/parent conversations also override whatever conversation type both units have, so for example, say Male Corrin has a fast romantic option with Caeldori, but if you marry him to Subaki, that fast romantic conversation is now a non romantic parent/child conversation.

As for parent/child, it's just as easy as writing down the character ID of the desired parent in the child unit's character block where the "parent ID' byte is located.

Ah, that's rather interesting. So assigning parents through custom DLC is possible? I imagine it wouldn't for say, giving Lissa the ability to parent Odin, correct? But we could have Lissa parent Owain by specifying that in Owain's data?

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer is probably no, but has anyone messed around with importing custom models for Fates? Like making custom hair meshes in a 3D modeling program and converting them to a useable format in Fates?

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer is probably no, but has anyone messed around with importing custom models for Fates? Like making custom hair meshes in a 3D modeling program and converting them to a useable format in Fates?
I did some research into porting Awakening models over to Fates a little while back - I figured out the general process for creating a model for use with Fates.

You'll need access to the dev tools and a program like 3DS Max or Maya. The dev tools have a plugin for those programs that let you export to .cmdl/.ctex. Once you've exported to those formats, you can build .bch files using NW4C_h3dbincvtr.exe. Put your models in one file and textures in another and you should be good to go.

I never tried building anything from scratch, so I can't tell you how well that will turn out. I was able to get models to show up in game using that general process though.

Reactions: Grima

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some research into porting Awakening models over to Fates a little while back - I figured out the general process for creating a model for use with Fates.

You'll need access to the dev tools and a program like 3DS Max or Maya. The dev tools have a plugin for those programs that let you export to .cmdl/.ctex. Once you've exported to those formats, you can build .bch files using NW4C_h3dbincvtr.exe. Put your models in one file and textures in another and you should be good to go.

I never tried building anything from scratch, so I can't tell you how well that will turn out. I was able to get models to show up in game using that general process though.
Wait, that did work? I thought you said it wasn't possible at the time?

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, that did work? I thought you said it wasn't possible at the time?
I could get the Awakening model to show up, but I couldn't figure out how to port it without losing texture mapping and animation rigging. You might be able to use the process for importing custom models, but editing character models probably won't work since Ohana has issues exporting the models with everything intact.

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's really helpful! Thank you! I already have the dev tools, so I'll try something out and post the results.

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A moment of silence for those who don't have the devtools...
However what about magic animations? how do you edit those or how their work?
the HoF of Anankos of Omegablu dlc i reclass him to Dark Knight and the book don't insert the fire animation the game inself insert the Dragon Breath animation that looks cool but how that work you can edit the AID to force to use it like Forrest with Female animations?

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it possible?
Well, you could repoint their hair model and texture pointers to a different character's hair model and texture. Sakura would probably work. After that, specify the appropriate hair color in each AID, since the hair color listed there will recolor the hair appropriately.

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you could repoint their hair model and texture pointers to a different character's hair model and texture. Sakura would probably work. After that, specify the appropriate hair color in each AID, since the hair color listed there will recolor the hair appropriately.
?????????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay