ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

bmmboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Additional Edit:
I got it to work with 6.0 but I have not tried 6.2 yet, so who knows.

EDIT FOR POSTERITY:
USING BATCH MAKE SURE YOU TRY TO DECOMPRESS/RECOMPRESS AS LZ77 Type 11, NOT Type 10 if you have the same issues I'm having.
ALSO avoid use the drag & drop method on Batch. I've had it fail or corrupt more that way, just use the menu.

I swear I'd done this before but apparently not! I made sure to do both processes as Type 11 and everything seems to work alright now.

using luma vers., US special Edition Digital. I can't for the life of me get the all paralogues and the flora early patches to work. they just don't.

for 6.1 another user (pg. 98ish) helped me but this time even that isn't seeming to work. I have tried compression/decompression with puyotools and batchlz77.

the game boots and doesn't seem to use the hack at all.

does anyone have any ideas? can anyone send me a patched gamedata file with those maybe?

Last edited by bmmboo,

PlsStaph

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey guys, is there is a way to install this hack on a Decrypted ROM version of the game, if i don't have 3ds?
Btw I never tried to work with 3ds files before, and I have no idea what tools I should use.

Last edited by PlsStaph,

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, is there is a way to install this hack on a Decrypted ROM version of the game, if i don't have 3ds?
Btw I never tried to work with 3ds files before, and I have no idea what tools I should use.

To apply the hack itself you will only need a way to extract and rebuild the rom. I would recommend using .Net 3ds Toolkit https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-net-3ds-toolkit-extract-and-repack-3ds-roms-and-cias.444427/.

To apply any of the patches, such as the unlock all paralogues patch or the early flora patch, you will also need Lunar IPS to apply the patch and BatchLZ77 (there are other programs, but that's the one I used) to decompress and compress the GameData.bin.

Applying the romhack:
1. Create a backup of your rom in case something goes wrong.

2. Download .Net 3DS Toolkit. Run ToolkitForm.exe and use it to extract your rom. Make sure to set the source to match your rom.

3. After the rom is done extracting, you should have a bunch of files and folders in the output folder that weren't there before. The important one if the RomFS folder. Open it, and copy and paste the files from the Gay Hack Luma version appropriate to your rom. The readme in the Luma Version folder will tell you which folder has the files for your rom, so read it. When prompted, copy and replace the files you are putting into the RomFS folder.

If all you want is the base hack, then all thats left is to rebuild the rom - skip to step 5.
If you want to apply any of the patches, there are a few more steps - proceed to step 4.

4. To apply the unlock all paralogues patch, first we need to decompress the GameData.bin file. It is found in the RomFS\GameData. Download BatchLZ77 and copy your GameData.bin to the BatchLZ77 folder. Run BatchLZ77.exe, click decompress and choose the GameData.bin. When done it will create a larger file named GameData.bin.decompressed.

Next, download and run Lunar IPS. Click Apply IPS Patch, and then choose the ParalogueGameData.ips file downloaded as part of the gay hack folder, in Gay Fates\v0.6.1\All Paralogues Unlocked Patch (this is the patch we are applying). Next Lunar IPS will ask you to choose the file to apply the patch to, which is your decompressed GateData.bin file.

After this is done, run BatchLZ77 again, this time clicking compress, and choose your decompressed GameData.bin file. It will add compressed to the name of the file, and should now be named GameData.bin.decompressed.compressed (assuming you haven't changed the file name yourself). Rename it to GameData.bin and put it back in the RomFS\GameData folder, replacing the GameData.bin that is still there.

5. Now we need to rebuild the rom. Run ToolkitForm.exe again, and use the Rebuild tab. Make sure to set the output type to what you want it to be.

If you want to apply any other patches such as flora joining early, they are done in much the same way as the paralogues patch. You can apply both IPS patches to your decompressed GameData.bin before recompressing it.

For the Flora joining early patch you will also need to either copy and replace some files in the RomFS\GameData folder, or apply further IPS patches if you don't want to overwrite the files being modified (which should only be an issue if you are using other hacks or patches. if all you have applied is the gay hack, there should be no issue copying and replacing, all of which is covered in the readme).

Once you have finished rebuilding your rom, you are done. Run the rebuilt version with citra and consider whether this was worth the trouble or not.

ConKonner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copied from the Good Guy Garon instructions for using Luma layeredfs:

Boot up your 3DS Luma’s config menu by holding the SELECT button.
Turn on “Enable Game Patching”
On your 3DS SD card go to “Lumas” folder.
Create a folder called “titles” if there isn’t one
Copy the "000400000017A800" folder (this is the one for the EU special edition) from the "Luma Version" folder into your "titles" folder
using luma vers., US special Edition Digital. I can't for the life of me get the all paralogues and the flora early patches to work. they just don't.

for 6.1 another user (pg. 98ish) helped me but this time even that isn't seeming to work. I have tried compression/decompression with puyotools and batchlz77.

the game boots and doesn't seem to use the hack at all.

does anyone have any ideas? can anyone send me a patched gamedata file with those maybe?

Have you tried the above?

bmmboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried the above?
i am installing the hack the same way i always have. i've used luma for a while now. the issue is the more recent releases of the hack. i found an older release and the marriage options are (mostly) all functioning, but the problem is that with the older one, convos mostly don't play out when they should. subaki/camilla doesn't for example. it should be there, i wrote it and have seen it before in the past i think.

the older version WORKS, it's just something wonky with how it's installing. newer versions of the hack just...don't seem to work at all, though. either alone or with the flora patch.

i haven't tested it, but i'm thinking i might be unzipping the hack file wrong. I use the peazip program that was recommended in the past, but now i wonder if it isn't corrupting some files. it's probably something i'm doing *wrong* this time that isn't playing nice but i don't know *what*. maybe it's compressing with Batch LZ77, or applying the patches, or how i unzip the file.

NohrNoble-Soleil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tyrunt.co.vu
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of a weird issue here. I'm beginning to think it might have to do with my copy of Fates, a CIA install of USA Special Edition, rather than the hack, but I figured I'd ask and see if anyone knows what's up. Any help at all is greatly appreciated, and sorry in advance for the long post!

When I update my castle data, even though the numbers go up a few at a time on my card, nothing new appears in any of the logs (Streetpass results, feedback, accessories, etc.), even when I've had my friend and sister visit, leave feedback an an accessory, and updated following their visits. I've tried just about everything I can think of to fix it.

None of the standard updating workarounds work (like going into a battle and closing the 3DS for five or so minutes to let the time of day change). Different save files and different paths don't make a difference. I've made sure all of the patches I've applied work and that I've done them correctly, I've even uninstalled this copy of the game and all of the DLC, and tried installing files from a different source with no successful fix. I went as far as to disable Luma's game patching, make a whole new vanilla save file, and play until I unlocked online features, but still nothing after days of playing around with MyCastle.

I used to play on a physical copy of Special Edition, and ran into no issues for the year or so I was playing it with the hack. Same story with the Conquest cartridge I got as my first ever copy of Fates. No issues with MyCastle whatsoever. So I'm wondering if it's either multiple counts of bad installs, if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's an issue with MyCastle and digital installs of Special Edition. I've looked into pretty much every possible solution I could find for MyCastle errors on the internet, and I'm really stuck as to why this is happening. ;^^ It's not the end of the world, but I recently got my friend into Fates and was hoping to be able to trade accessories and make bond units with him, and that was when I ran into the issue. As far as I know, he's running into the same bump I am, and I think it's just really strange.

I'd also like to clarify, nothing else seems to be going wrong. All the supports that have conversations work, and there's no story or DLC gameplay issues that I've run into. It's just the MyCastle online bit that's giving me trouble.

ConKonner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am installing the hack the same way i always have. i've used luma for a while now. the issue is the more recent releases of the hack. i found an older release and the marriage options are (mostly) all functioning, but the problem is that with the older one, convos mostly don't play out when they should. subaki/camilla doesn't for example. it should be there, i wrote it and have seen it before in the past i think.

the older version WORKS, it's just something wonky with how it's installing. newer versions of the hack just...don't seem to work at all, though. either alone or with the flora patch.

i haven't tested it, but i'm thinking i might be unzipping the hack file wrong. I use the peazip program that was recommended in the past, but now i wonder if it isn't corrupting some files. it's probably something i'm doing *wrong* this time that isn't playing nice but i don't know *what*. maybe it's compressing with Batch LZ77, or applying the patches, or how i unzip the file.

I used BatchLZ77.

1. Decompress the game data file with Batch.

2. Patch the game data file with lunar ips (another program known in the GBA times)

3. Compress with Batch again

In the older patches, there was twin Kanas (then again I was using NTR plugins) but now, since luma, only female kana ;p

bmmboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used BatchLZ77.

1. Decompress the game data file with Batch.

2. Patch the game data file with lunar ips (another program known in the GBA times)

3. Compress with Batch again

In the older patches, there was twin Kanas (then again I was using NTR plugins) but now, since luma, only female kana ;p

i've done just that, but the problem is that it doesn't seem to WORK. and i'm not sure why. i have a functioning but out of date version running so i'm good but if i ever want to update...it just doesn't work. when i do the steps you listed, it loads up the game as though there were no hack present.

azureseas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue as bmmboo above -- I can get everything working except the paralogues. I've tried compressing with puyotools as well, since Batch apparently doesn't properly support the GameData files, but to no avail. Even tried an uploaded GameData file with everything prepatched, no dice.

Fudanshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want this but man it sounds so confusing.
I don't have a 3DS so I can't follow that tutorial (using Citra)

Yeah Male Corrin x Niles is great and super hot and all...really it is, but so is Male Corrin x (Insert any male here).

But either way, glad to see that this is still getting some attention even years later.
Maybe someone will upload a decrypted ROM of Conquest with this hack installed or something
like that, if that is even possible.
Or maybe someone will make a tutorial video for Citra

Either way, thank you for this.
I've been binging all the gay S supports all day.
Here's hoping Three Houses has a great gay pairing.
:3

EDIT: Sorry. I guess I shouldn't have said all this right?
My bad...please excuse my GameFAQs talk.

Last edited by Fudanshi,

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want this but man it sounds so confusing.
I don't have a 3DS so I can't follow that tutorial (using Citra)

Yeah Male Corrin x Niles is great and super hot and all...really it is, but so is Male Corrin x (Insert any male here).

But either way, glad to see that this is still getting some attention even years later.
Maybe someone will upload a decrypted ROM of Conquest with this hack installed or something
like that, if that is even possible.
Or maybe someone will make a tutorial video for Citra

Either way, thank you for this.
I've been binging all the gay S supports all day.
Here's hoping Three Houses has a great gay pairing.

EDIT: Sorry. I guess I shouldn't have said all this right?
My bad...please excuse my GameFAQs talk.

Using the hack with citra is possible, just requires a few more steps than with luma. Directions for doing so: https://pastebin.com/pwmVKDXM

Fudanshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the hack with citra is possible, just requires a few more steps than with luma. Directions for doing so:
Oh nice.
I am glad to see confirmation that it is possible.

I'll definitely be giving it a shot once I am done with my current playthrough.
(Don't wanna mess anything up)

Thank you for letting me know.

FriendlyHacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys! I wrote up a tutorial in the 3ds guides & tutorials section detailing the method I used to install this hack and the Awakening one for Citra but seeing as someone else already described a different process to do the same it looks like nobody will need mine anymore. Just saying ^_^
Anyway I love this patch and appreciate UnassumingVenusaur's work :)

Chard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For same-sex marriage patch and Flora, what do you do with the IPS patches? I try using Batch LZ77, .Net 3DS Toolkit GUI, Lunar IPS and nothing shows up when I'm trying to compress or apply patches and nothing shows up. I only just got homebrew on 3ds recently and I want to play with same sex marriage options and get Flora early, but when downloading the folders, I don't have any idea what to do. Do I decompress the game file itself?

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For same-sex marriage patch and Flora, what do you do with the IPS patches? I try using Batch LZ77, .Net 3DS Toolkit GUI, Lunar IPS and nothing shows up when I'm trying to compress or apply patches and nothing shows up. I only just got homebrew on 3ds recently and I want to play with same sex marriage options and get Flora early, but when downloading the folders, I don't have any idea what to do. Do I decompress the game file itself?

Assuming you're not using any other modifications, the only IPS patch you need to apply for early flora is the FloraEarlyGameData patch to the GameData.bin.lz file that you downloaded for the gay fates hack. In order to apply this patch you need to decompress the GameData.bin.lz file with Batch LZ77, apply the ips patch to it, and then recompress the GameData.bin.lz.

Note that using batch lz77 will change the name of the file when you decompress and recompress, which won't be an issue when applying the ips patch but will be an issue when you try to use the file if you don't rename it after you apply the patch and recompress it, so make sure your GameData.bin.lz is named exactly that when you are done.

For the Early Flora hack you will also need to use the the files from the "No Swap" folder. Copy the "Game Data" and "m" folders from the No Swap folder into your fates romfs folder (i.e. where you have been putting your files for the gay fates hack), replacing files when prompted.

Chard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you're not using any other modifications, the only IPS patch you need to apply for early flora is the FloraEarlyGameData patch to the GameData.bin.lz file that you downloaded for the gay fates hack. In order to apply this patch you need to decompress the GameData.bin.lz file with Batch LZ77, apply the ips patch to it, and then recompress the GameData.bin.lz.

Note that using batch lz77 will change the name of the file when you decompress and recompress, which won't be an issue when applying the ips patch but will be an issue when you try to use the file if you don't rename it after you apply the patch and recompress it, so make sure your GameData.bin.lz is named exactly that when you are done.

For the Early Flora hack you will also need to use the the files from the "No Swap" folder. Copy the "Game Data" and "m" folders from the No Swap folder into your fates romfs folder (i.e. where you have been putting your files for the gay fates hack), replacing files when prompted.
I really appreciate this! I must have overlooked that part of the folder. The only issue I have is when trying to extract the gamedata, it tells me "no archives found". Am I not supposed to extract with WinRAR?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....