Hacking Fire Emblem Fate / DQ8 on Old 3DS

RayRayParlour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi - new to the site here.

I had an old 3DS with FW 4.5 - this was modified with GW installer with the latest GW Firmware (GW 4.5).

The games are stored in a 128GB SDXC Micro SD card on the red GW.

Try to run Fire Emblem Fates or Dragon Quest 8 and all I get is a really long 3DS loading screen that would not go to the game.

Can anyone please help resolving the long loading screen?

Can run Eshop Ace Attorney and Professor Layton games fine.

Thanks.

Trophies
Country
Canada
Hi - new to the site here.

I had an old 3DS with FW 4.5 - this was modified with GW installer with the latest GW Firmware (GW 4.5).

The games are stored in a 128GB SDXC Micro SD card on the red GW.

Try to run Fire Emblem Fates or Dragon Quest 8 and all I get is a really long 3DS loading screen that would not go to the game.

Can anyone please help resolving the long loading screen?

Can run Eshop Ace Attorney and Professor Layton games fine.

Thanks.
Maybe it's the cia??? Did you download the games from that 3ds site (I can't name sites here that leads to copyright files, it's against the rules) or any other site?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

RayRayParlour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's the cia??? Did you download the games from that 3ds site (I can't name sites here that leads to copyright files, it's against the rules) or any other site?

It was a 3ds file - no cia or truncated file.

Not downloaded. I own the game and copied it to my drive so I can take it with me when abroad.

Trophies
Country
Canada
It was a 3ds file - no cia or truncated file.

Not downloaded. I own the game and copied it to my drive so I can take it with me when abroad.
Ohh.
I have Luma3DS and A9LH so I don't know. If you've dumped the game, maybe it didn't dump completely??

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LOL your firmware is way too old to run those games. Nintendo changes the encryption keys with major fw updates and encrypt the games with it. Your old firmware doesn't know them and can't execute the games properly. It can only see the header of the game (-> The 3ds sees a game). Nintendo does it like this so the 3ds can be updated with cards. 3ds scene dumps often remove the card updates to save space.

That's why you get an infinite loading screen.

Update at least to 11.0 (don't go to >=11.3 with gateway, it doesn't support it yet) and the issue will be resolved. 11.0 is the minimum firmware requirement for dragon quest 8.

Greetings

Last edited by GothicIII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: