ROM Hack Fire Emblem Echoes: SoV Datamine Question

pgaFZTGBSp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I'm currently digging around through FE: Echoes's game files and I just can't seem to find battle quotes/dialogue for characters.

My primary thought was that it would be in sound/@E/stream, but they're not there as far as I can tell. Only chapter/post battle dialogue. Or they are there, but just under some obscure name.

I'm sort of clueless on where to look next. I'm looking for the battle/attack/cut-in quotes for characters, stuff like that.

To be extremely specific, I'm looking for the location of Berkut's unused/removed playable unit dialogue.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pgaFZTGBSp,

Shiro-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You were going in the right direction. The voice clips are all stored in sound/@E/Iron16_Sound.bcsar. It contains just about every single line of dialogue outside of death quotes, battle result quotes, map quotes, and what units say during towns (which are all in sound/@E/stream, as you said). The attack and cut-in quotes are all in that bcsar file.

As far as I know, you can unpack a bcsar file, but I'm not certain if you can repack it. Also, there is a sound injector for FE: Fate's bcsar, but I do not know if it will work for SoV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work