Fire Emblem Echoes: SoV Datamine Question

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Kafkakama, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Kafkakama
    OP

Kafkakama Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Belgium
    Awake when nobody else is.
    So I'm currently digging around through FE: Echoes's game files and I just can't seem to find battle quotes/dialogue for characters.

My primary thought was that it would be in sound/@E/stream, but they're not there as far as I can tell. Only chapter/post battle dialogue. Or they are there, but just under some obscure name.

I'm sort of clueless on where to look next. I'm looking for the battle/attack/cut-in quotes for characters, stuff like that.

To be extremely specific, I'm looking for the location of Berkut's unused/removed playable unit dialogue.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Kafkakama, Jul 12, 2017
  2. Shiro-san

Shiro-san Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Tellius
    You were going in the right direction. The voice clips are all stored in sound/@E/Iron16_Sound.bcsar. It contains just about every single line of dialogue outside of death quotes, battle result quotes, map quotes, and what units say during towns (which are all in sound/@E/stream, as you said). The attack and cut-in quotes are all in that bcsar file.

As far as I know, you can unpack a bcsar file, but I'm not certain if you can repack it. Also, there is a sound injector for FE: Fate's bcsar, but I do not know if it will work for SoV.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice