ROM Hack Fire Emblem (E) Ds Fix

TheLonelyGod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this game so far. The only problem I have is the damed battle models are so ugly and dumb. I like the gba models way more. And the x button highlighting everything and showing you where your units can hide makes this easy. I'll beat it though. . .

Khrone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Martiin said:
The Prince of Codes said:
I'm kinda skeptical. Anybody here played it and seen it in English?

his Fire Emblem probably froze because R4 team does update fairly often or not at all >.>
(but i don't really care because i don't have one anymore)

or he did download a fake rom

i have a good rom of Fire Emblem and its (E)
its in Eng and it works perfectly fine.
i downloaded it from **********.net (i can't tell you the site because its against forum rules.)
PM me and i'll tell you

Maybe it depends on which card you use.
For Example, I'm using a SuperCard SD and it works good, but I can't see any battle sequence, and it doesn't go on with the game (but the music and the on -lower- screen animations still goes on)

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I knew it would be out sometime, only checked today and it was out, easy to find too
smile.gif

[VAF]Flyper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Khrone said:
Martiin said:
The Prince of Codes said:
I'm kinda skeptical. Anybody here played it and seen it in English?

his Fire Emblem probably froze because R4 team does update fairly often or not at all >.>
(but i don't really care because i don't have one anymore)

or he did download a fake rom

i have a good rom of Fire Emblem and its (E)
its in Eng and it works perfectly fine.
i downloaded it from **********.net (i can't tell you the site because its against forum rules.)
PM me and i'll tell you

Maybe it depends on which card you use.
For Example, I'm using a SuperCard SD and it works good, but I can't see any battle sequence, and it doesn't go on with the game (but the music and the on -lower- screen animations still goes on)

Woot? could you post settings and patcher version?

Khrone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EJames2100 said:
Yep, I knew it would be out sometime, only checked today and it was out, easy to find too
smile.gif

Say where you find it then °_° -if you can't, PM-

@Flyper: Simply, latest version of patcher and firmware, basic settings (Restart: Y; Trim: N; Faster PG: Y; DMA: N; iQue: N; GBA Union: N; Patch Cartdrige Access: High)

nusilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on copying the files from the Japanese ROM one after the other to the EU ROM, to find out if one of those will make the battle animations work. It's slow going, decompiling and recompiling the files, but it's ...fun?

I'll let you guys know if I come up with a solution. I'm sure the supercard team will get there first. Also, I'll be testing this with an unmodified EU ROM to make sure multiplayer still works, or it won't even be worth it.

nusilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i tried replacing every set of assets, and unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. i did notice moving the data folder '2' from the EU to the J ROM causes the problem to occur, but that's as far as I got. Anyway, I tried. For four hours.
smile.gif

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nusilver said:
okay, i tried replacing every set of assets, and unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. i did notice moving the data folder '2' from the EU to the J ROM causes the problem to occur, but that's as far as I got. Anyway, I tried. For four hours.
smile.gif

Doesn't ARM7 patching fix the problem? I always ARM7 patch everything, and I've never had a game not work. (And I'm using a DS-X with firmware that's never been updated, so that's saying something.)

nusilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's rare that a game doesn't work properly on my SC Lite, so I'm not really familiar with the process. How do you go about patching ARM7.bin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1