Fire emblem awakening - Too easy?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Azurius, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Azurius
    OP

Azurius Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2014
    I'm playing fire emblem awakening on hard, I'm on chapter 11 and it's really easy. My main character and Chrome are already masters and they barely take any damage anymore. Will they game get any harder or should I start all over again on lunatic mode?

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    It gets harder depending on what you do exactly, but yeah that was about my experience. Lunatic, at least at first, is MUCH harder (I literally died three times on the tutorial level and gave up) and then there's Lunatic+ which pretty much requires a constant stroke of good luck to even have a chance at.

cearp and BortzANATOR like this.
  3. Azurius
    OP

Azurius Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2014
    Yeah, now it's really boring. My characters barely take any damage and most of them are masters already. I'm thinking about starting on lunatic it doesn't get any harder.

4. phazonknight

phazonknight GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    There is a new aspect that I would recommend playing through first ( I dont want to spoil it) but it gives you some good insight for when you start the new game in lunatic.

5. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    You can grind in this game. Grinding in a Fire Emblem.

Its broken. Sad but true. :sleep:

6. Azurius
    OP

Azurius Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2014
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I did between the main chapters. I would fight any enemies on the roads and small cities, otherwise it was really hard.

7. JoshuaBojangles

JoshuaBojangles Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2011
    United States
    You pretty much just solved your own problem there buddy...

If you want a challenge, dont grind. It doesnt matter what difficulty you are on, if youre overleveled its not going to be hard.

Bimmel likes this.
  8. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    And thats only one point out of a few other points (story, childs, buyable seals / second seals, difficulties, DLC) I would say the game does horribly wrong.

I didn't grind on normal and had a nice challenge. Okay I suck in this game - but whatever. B-)

9. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I did the same thing. I think I was able to move my main character once and I got decimated. I cant remember what the second difficulty is, but that seems to be my sweet spot, with the perma death turned off.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  10. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    Wait until chapter20 I just can't pass it.
    Don't know how to grind if you can't access the battles anymore.

11. ForteGospel

ForteGospel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    so your point is that the game is too easy because it was really hard so you grinded and overleveled and now is really easy... yeah...

anyway wait till you get past the first half of the game, after the time jump most of your enemies will have second tier jobs so they will start hitting you again...

just dont expect pokemon to be hard if you already powerleveled your main to lvl 100, worse if you powerleveled your whole team to level 100