Hacking Finding out what modchip I have

wayt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've read the topic about which modchip does what, and i am almost certain I have a wiikey, but i need confirmation. I bought this wii from china, so its a ntsc-j wii, it was pre-modded, and i do not know what modchip it is. I don't want to open up my wii fearing mistakes that I will make and the absence of tools that I have in order to open it. there are probably threads about this already, but search is disabled =(

I remember asking the person who sold it to me if i can play NTSC-U games and she said that it can. She also said that it is able to play any ntsc game. Is mine a wiikey? How do I check without opening it?

wayt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i heard somewhere if you put the update disc and you don't have a wii key it will mess up.. and where would i see the switch?

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not hard to open, just make sure you remember where the screws go when it goes back together and also don't drop any screws inside that u might not be able to fish out and you'll be fine.

wayt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ugh, i don't have the tiny screw driver, and the tri-screwdriver either. I guess im just gonna have to wait until i have a copy of SSBB and pop it in and see what it does. someone should make some software to find this out -_____-"

EDIT: If I only put in the wii key update, does it tell me what version i have therefore confirming that I have a wii key? If i don't can't I just not update and my wii would not be bricked?
Can someone answer me, if i put in the wiikey update disc, and i don't have a wiikey, what would happen?

Xandu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Well I don't have a Wiikey and I tried the update, it just returns "update failed". Nothing happens to the Wii or the chip.
I don't know what chip I have either :S.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.