Finding a Workaround

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by spiderjjr45, May 18, 2009.

May 18, 2009

Finding a Workaround by spiderjjr45 at 2:40 AM (1,901 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. spiderjjr45
    OP

Newcomer spiderjjr45 Member

United States
    I've watched the USB Loader community, and followed every update and every release. But one thing that has never been fixed from the beginning is De Blob. I've heard that games like Metroid Prime 3 can be loaded now, but De Blob constantly freezes on the Loading screen, where it loads forever. The issue, as you may or may not already know, is the fact that a DVD of any sort needs to be inserted into the Wii.

Simple, right?

Well, my DVD drive broke long ago, and the USB Loader was finally the break I needed to continue my gaming experiences. However, one game I've always loved, is De Blob, and upon finding out it wouldn't work without a DVD, I sought many an IOS to fix this problem. But never have I figured a solution. Well, more recently, things such as uLoader have created even more breakthroughs in a perfect loader. But still, De Blob remained an unfixed mystery.

I'm tired of waiting for someone to create a solution, and I want to be more active in fixing this. But where to start?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    There are ~20 people in the whole world having the same issue as you, all others can just insert ANYTHING into their drive.

I would guess your issue could be fixed by some sort of system memu hack instead of a loader hack, just tricking the Wii to think a disc is inserted.

3. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    to get de blob working you just have to insert a dvd in the drive, it works fine.

4. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Yes but if you read his post he says his drive is broken!

5. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Well i installed cIOSUSB2 (IOS222) with dip module and that fix'd the need for having a dvd in the drive for me.

6. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    yep i know, but the game didn't read the whole dvd content, just some cheksum... so i thought that i' do the trick.
    however just superrob's trick and install cIOS222

7. spiderjjr45
    OP

United States
    Do you happen to have a link to this specific cIOS? The cIOSUSB2 I have used has had no effect.(http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144278)

Although it's always possible that I have missed a step in the installation of the cIOS.

8. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    does this work for metroid 3?

9. sionsays

Newcomer sionsays Advanced Member

United States
    I too have a broken dvd drive. About a month ago or so at this time, I was only able to get one game to run via USB Loader (Madworld), are you finding most games other than De Blob working for you? I constantly get the "Eject disk" error

10. spiderjjr45
    OP

United States
    My games did that initially, but then I disconnected the entirety of the DVD drive from the wii and took it out. The Eject errors stopped. But now I have no hope of running games such as Metroid Prime 3 and De Blob.

11. dlxowhd

Member dlxowhd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    you can buy a brand new wii dvd drive on ebay cheap.
    and installing it is a breeze.
    i took my wii apart because i installed a completely new custom case and the whole process took less than 20 minutes.
    just swapping a dvd drive should take less than 5 minutes.

12. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    It's cheaper than a FlatMii?

13. spiderjjr45
    OP

United States
    The DVD drive isn't the issue. If I wanted a DVD drive, I would buy one. The issue is "Finding a workaround" to the whole DVD issue. Hence the title of the topic.

14. lavamasta

Member lavamasta GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the only one i find doesnt work is medal of honor heroes 2 [​IMG]

15. sionsays

Newcomer sionsays Advanced Member

United States
    I am amazed at this information. I tried over 10+ games and only one worked for me ( madworld ). I had my drive out, and in. There is a short in my dvd drive it is receiving no power. Maybe i will have to give it another shot in the future