MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, after ~3 weeks, my AK2i finally got here from 0ShippingZone.com. It took a package from the Netherlands (Ubuntu 9.10 Live CD) less time to get here than it took a package from Hong Kong, but I digress. Anyways, when I was tearing the package open, I saw a normal AK2 box. I was starting to freak out, thinking they got my order wrong. But when I took the box out completely, I saw the DSi Compatible sticker on the top left. When I opened the box and pulled the tray out, a nice metallic stylus fell out too! Heard a cracking sound when I tried to put it into my DS Lite... and a closer inspection revealed that it is, in fact, a DSi stylus. Looks like I got something to look forward to when I get my DSi.

However, I've gotta say - compared to the AK2, the AK2i is a LOT sturdier. I like the lack of clips, and overall it just feels thicker. I had a newer AK2 without the bump under the sticker, so there was no difference there. The sticker on the AK2i, though, did not look like it was put on by a monkey. It looked like a very sleek, sexy, and professional card on the outside. So I took my card out of my AK2 and put it into the AK2i and loaded up AKAIO 1.6 RC1 (I know RC2 is out, but too lazy to upgrade, because then I would have to mess with MENUdo slightly once again to get it to work). I know that AKAIO 1.6 has anti-fake protection in it, and I didn't get any errors upon booting AKAIO, so I'm assuming it's legit.

tl;dr: AceKard 2i got here finally. A lot better than my AceKard 2. Another satisfied 0ShippingZone customer.

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got same thing, skyline.
Ak2i in a AK2 package with DSi compatible sticker.
also, the retractable metal stylus.
oh, it is retractable, if you didn't know.

his story, if he doesn't reply, I think he was the guy who got AK2 when he ordered AK2i.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine actually only took a week to get here. I ordered it on Wednesday, it shipped on Thursday, and arrived the following Thrusday. Now that DX is toast i think 0SZ is the cheapest place to get an AK2i, and they're completely legit. Kind of disappointed that the Stylus is too big for my DSL. It's so sexy
frown.gif

But yeah, I am a very satisfied customer.

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xakota said:
Mine actually only took a week to get here. I ordered it on Wednesday, it shipped on Thursday, and arrived the following Thrusday. Now that DX is toast i think 0SZ is the cheapest place to get an AK2i, and they're completely legit. Kind of disappointed that the Stylus is too big for my DSL. It's so sexy
frown.gif

But yeah, I am a very satisfied customer.

tempshop is the cheapest for Ak2i right now! (with the code)
the code runs out tomorrow though
frown.gif

tempshop still has great prices.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haha yes, I did notice the stylus was retractable when I was pulling it out of my DS Lite (when I put it in and heard a crack) and it extended.

Anyways, I chose 0SZ to support GBAtemp, but now I don't know if I should choose 0SZ or ShopTemp for my flashcard stuff. Mind you, I won't be getting another flashcard until one's made for the 3DS and I actually get a 3DS, so it'll be a long time.

I think I know why it took so long to get here too... I'll bet that customs in Vancouver held it through Easter holidays. Meaning, it should have only taken a couple weeks max. If they mailed it on Tuesday and I got it on Friday, that means that they definitely had it at customs for quite a while.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults