• Total voters

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
when i get bored i solder things together for no reason,and this time i decided to take out my key-clip and replace it with a yaosm chip.

Wii_Mod.jpg

let me know what you think about my chip placement (Good/Not)

(if you want to buy the key-clip then PM me or post here)

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Very well played! What did you have to do to get it there? I installed my YAOSM with the Wlip (ugh) and just snaked the cord up through the little hole at the hinges of the Gamecube port section. It gives me easy access to the PIC, but isn't nearly as sexy as that is! I might need to look into trying that myself.

gettfo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent my wii to get chipped with a wiikey, and I asked if it had YAOSM, and he said yeah. What exactly is YAOSM?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gettfo said:
I sent my wii to get chipped with a wiikey, and I asked if it had YAOSM, and he said yeah. What exactly is YAOSM?

Yet Another Open Source Modchip.

It is a open source firmware. If you'r getting a wiikey then you will get the wiikey firmware not YAOSM, unless the you get a clone.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:
gettfo said:

It is a open source firmware. If you'r getting a wiikey then you will get the wiikey firmware not YAOSM, unless the you get a clone.

The YAOSM firmware is not compatible with the Harvard Architecture ATMEGA8s... so you're 1/2 wrong.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
Prime said:
gettfo said:

The YAOSM firmware is not compatible with the Harvard Architecture ATMEGA8s... so you're 1/2 wrong.

Oh well.

I knew you would correct me if i was wrong, which i thought i was.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
bobitos said:
Very well played! What did you have to do to get it there? I installed my YAOSM with the Wlip (ugh) and just snaked the cord up through the little hole at the hinges of the Gamecube port section. It gives me easy access to the PIC, but isn't nearly as sexy as that is! I might need to look into trying that myself.

to get the socket mounted there i used the same process as bracken did with the programmer described here

it was a tight squeeze though, at one point i thought i would no longer have access to the SD slot

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice work. I was looking to do this but don't have the confidence to. I'm not that skilled to be able to pull this mod off.
If you're in Sydney though, any chance of installing one for a price?
wink2.gif

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
drock360 said:
What was wrong with the key-clip that caused you to replace it? I have one too, and it works fine for me...

nothing wrong, i just solder things for no reason when i get bored. if anyone wants the key-klip you can get it here

QUOTE(Kiljaeden @ Jun 10 2008, 09:55 AM)Nice work. I was looking to do this but don't have the confidence to. I'm not that skilled to be able to pull this mod off.
If you're in Sydney though, any chance of installing one for a price?

unfortunately, i live in Perth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night