Finally figured out DS2Key

a-problem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the longest time I couldn't manage to make DS2Key work on my DSi with TWiLight Menu++. But now I did. Here's how. (You're gonna need Unlaunch)
I broadcasted a WEP connection while doing this, you may have limited success if you don't do this (even on the DSi hardware with WPA2 support, this is the case)

1. Download DS2Key r52.
2. Open DS2Key.exe, configure your key binds as you please. Hit Apply after.
3. At the bottom of the DS2Key window it might say Disconnected. If it does, go into the Settings tab and change the port to 9502, then back to 9501.
4. Copy DS2Key.nds and DS2Key.ini to your DSi's SD card.
5. With SD inserted, turn on the DSi power WHILE HOLDING A+B to get into Unlaunch
6. From here, use the file menu to find DS2Key. On the top screen the name will be garbled and unintelligible, but on the touchscreen it will say DS2Key.nds. Press A or RIGHT to open it.
Note: Your DSi will complain about being unable to read the .ini file. Ignore this.
7. Set your PC's LOCAL IP address (find it by opening cmd and typing the command "ipconfig" if you don't know it, or check your router settings)
8. Keep the port on 9501, set the profile to whatever one you set up (if it has a .p_ file, you can use it
9. Let your DSi connect on its own. When the screen goes black you're in the clear (The WiFi light will remain off, this doesn't matter)
10. On PC, X out of DS2Key. It will stay open in the system tray, so you can keep connected
11. Open Notepad and test out your key bindings
12. Enjoy?

I wanted to post this because installation instructions only ever cover DS Lites with flashcards, so this is to let you know that on DSi you'll need Unlaunch to do the dirty work

EDIT: The reason you can't just use TWiLight Menu ++ to start the app is because if you do, the app will hang on startup, not even trying to connect to WFC

Last edited by a-problem,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That game maybe too violent for your granny tho. Better get Barbies Dream house instead.