Hacking finally did FlashMe...

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I finally broke down, and FlashMe'd my DSphat...

questions I have now, and google didn't help all that much... bastard...

Is there a way to put a custom boot logo?

How do I check my flashme version? (I think I did 7, and noticed 8 is the newest, so just wanna check)

Does 'NoFlashMe' actually rewrite the original firmware, or a modified original firmware?

-------

Also, is there a way to modify the backlight control on a DSphat like the DSlite, or am I just dreaming?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, now lets answer quickly.

1. Don't think so.
2. Just run FlashMe or do the Pictochat Trick.
3. It just patches it. When you run NoFlashMe, it removes the patch, keeping the official FW.
4. No unless you mean On/Off control in-game.

--------OFF TOPIC----------------------------------------------------
Also, how DO you get your own message below your avatar?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Totally off topic but... I don't know how to help you...

==

@ 8Bit ~ Follow this: My Controls > Edit Profile Information

Not sure if you need a certain amount of posts, but you will just have to look for the part that says Custom member title

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@8bitwaluigi: Not quite.

1. I don't think a custom logo would be easily doable. Possible perhaps, but probably not easy.
2. Just run the FlashMe program again without pressing XBXB. At the bottom it will tell you the version of FlashMe you currently have installed, as well as your DS's original firmware version.
3. Both FlashMe and NoFlashMe completely overwrite the firmware. The NoFlashMe file actually contains binary copies of every firmware version, so it will install the one corresponding to your original firmware. While it won't be the exact firmware from your particular system since this is not backed up before FlashMe installation, it should be exactly identical unless Nintendo changed something without us knowing (rather unlikely). Fun fact: by holding down Select in the NoFlashMe program, you can choose which firmware version to install to your DS instead of the one your DS originally came with. Pointless, but the possibility is there.
4. You can only gain brightness controls on a DS Phat if you originally had firmware v5 or later, as v5 marks the DS Phat systems that contain DS Lite LCD screens. Older Phats simply don't have the hardware to make it work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...