Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jassim said:
guys thx for this but please, give me the link to the wii backup loader v1.3 i cant find the pal one

there is no backup loader 1.3 - there is a backuploader 0.3 and a backuploader 0.1 ... and if you cant find it you SERIOUSLY not looking at alll

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
guys thx for this but please, give me the link to the wii backup loader v1.3 i cant find the pal one

there is no backup loader 1.3 - there is a backuploader 0.3 and a backuploader 0.1 ... and if you cant find it you SERIOUSLY not looking at alll
Remember, djtaz no one ever searches they expect it to be right in front of them, soon as they click a button on the mouse
smile.gif

How can you not find it, its plastered all over the NET!

jassim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh for god sake sry simple slip of the finger.

you know in the first post it tells u to download stuff and one of those it says *google is your friend*
well google clearly isnt my friend coz i searched ages for it and couldnt find it it gives me some wiikey crap so can someone plz, give me the link to it.

mamamia888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jassim said:
oh for god sake sry simple slip of the finger.

you know in the first post it tells u to download stuff and one of those it says *google is your friend*
well google clearly isnt my friend coz i searched ages for it and couldnt find it it gives me some wiikey crap so can someone plz, give me the link to it.

I think you meant the one with IOS16 ... Make some "change" for the following link, and you will get it ...
lecture.gif

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/3.3u_Update_Fix____...______IOS16.zip

shock44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Samoa
Thank you so much a_running_pir8 for the tutorial and whoever else was involved in putting together the zip file that fixed my wii! And thank you plagueseason for helping me a bit too! I can now play Strong Bad Episode 3!

mamamia888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kunocorp said:
ok, call me dumb, but any changes i make to the link give me an error, can i get some pm help?

Please take a close look at the following file name, and you will know the change you need to make
lecture.gif

3.3u_Update_Fix_____WITH_out______IOS16.zip

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mamamia888 said:
kunocorp said:
ok, call me dumb, but any changes i make to the link give me an error, can i get some pm help?

Please take a close look at the following file name, and you will know the change you need to make
lecture.gif

3.3u_Update_Fix_____WITH_out______IOS16.zip

Its even in red !!!!! (see signature below ... been there for weeks)

QUOTE(samuman @ Nov 4 2008, 08:37 AM)
How do i use that wii scrubber thing? ive got .iso and .nfo files, what do i do with them?
unsure.gif

.nfo is basically a text file - open with wordpad/notepad
.iso is the game image file - you select that with wiiscrubber and it should give you the files.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I installed the latest cIOS noob posted over the previous version (from OP), because while trying to uninstall it (with WAD Mgr. 16) it'd gave me an error. So I decided to just install the new cIOS over the old one (again, using WAD Mgr. 16).

I guess that to uninstall a cIOS I should use the cIOS Uninstaller from Waninkoko... right? In any case, is what I did OK? Would the new cIOS "update" over the old one?

Thanks

hobochangba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
howdy

I just got myself a wee. Unfortunately its running 3.3E

However I've got the HBC installed and have managed to get wads installed.

Only thing I'm struggling with is loading backups

I've burnt a couple of things at low speed using the recommended burner
I'm getting a garbled message about not dvd or something.

I've done the DS, PSP, xbox thing but there seems to be a lack of guidance on the wii side of things as far as burning and loading go

Could someone give me some pointers links etc cheers.

EDIT

ok I've sorted it.

downgraded to 3.2E and installed the cIOS that comes with wiigators loader.

still getting a fopen not owner error in the HB browser tho....any ideas?

bobsackamano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First post
biggrin.gif
. Just wanted to thank everybody that contributed to this fix and have post how-to's for the rest of us. I am one of those who foolishly updated without any thought to what the consequence's might be
shy.gif

Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to gather the stuff necessary(zelda, controller etc) to revert back to proper operating status.

Thanks again to all involved for the information
bow.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dan_Aykroyd said:
I guess that to uninstall a cIOS I should use the cIOS Uninstaller from Waninkoko... right? In any case, is what I did OK? Would the new cIOS "update" over the old one?
A cIOS and an IOS are different - updating your cIOS will overwrite it presumably with the same files again.

hobochangba said:
I just got myself a wee. Unfortunately its running 3.3E
Careful you dont dirty the carpet - only play with your wee outdoors - if your going indoors get a Wii
3.3E is fine for installing things - its 3.3E v2 thats the problem.

hobochangba said:
However I've got the HBC installed and have managed to get
wads installed.
Only thing I'm struggling with is loading backups
I've burnt a couple of things at low speed using the recommended burner
I'm getting a garbled message about not dvd or something.
The garbled message is either a bad install of the software or a dodgy disc - use DVD-R and for loader 0.3 burn at max speed.

QUOTE(hobochangba @ Nov 4 2008, 02:04 PM) Could someone give me some pointers links etc cheers.
I have loads of pointers and answers in the Issues and answers thread - and also in my HOWTO file in my signature - its all over the place and hard to miss :s

QUOTE(bobsackamano @ Nov 4 2008, 11:34 PM)
First post
biggrin.gif
. Just wanted to thank everybody that contributed to this fix and have post how-to's for the rest of us. I am one of those who foolishly updated without any thought to what the consequence's might be
shy.gif

Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to gather the stuff necessary(zelda, controller etc) to revert back to proper operating status.

Best of luck with it all

joeschmoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 4 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager 3’.
Step 5 Press ‘A’ on the WiiMote once. The Wii should detect a SD Card. Press ‘A’ again to see a list of WADs on the SD Card. Use the ‘D-Pad’ to select ‘IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad’.
Press the ’+’ to install the WAD. Once it has installed the WAD, press the ‘Home’ button to restart you Wii. I used the batch file to patch the ios15 from rapala fishing; that batch reported it finished ok.

Step 6 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘Custom WM’. Now using the same method as in ‘Step 5’, install the ‘cios_fix.wad’. Once it has installed the WAD, press the ‘Home’ button to restart you Wii.
Step 7 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘IOS Downgrader’. Just follow the instructions and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs. I think this is where I had to setup my wireless connection. Immediately after rebooting and restarting HBC, it told me there was an update to beta9, I said ok.

Step 8 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘Install Shop IOS51’. Say ‘Yes’ to installing the ‘IOS51’ and ‘Yes’ to patching a fix but ‘No’ to the ‘Wii Shop Channel’
(it shouldn’t matter if you install but it won’t make any difference).
Step 9 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager 3’.
Step 10 Now you should be able to install WADs. Try installing the ‘WAD MANAGER V3.wad’ (use this channel to install any WADs in the furture) and ‘Wii Gator.wad’.
Other apps should also work as well such as ‘AnyRegion Changer’. AnyRegionChanger says Init SYSCONF...OK! Error getting settings! 1, 1, 1, 0, -24578

I get several overlapping errors when I try to run a few backup loaders, but I can install wads and they work fine. I have always used dvd+r bitset to -rom, is the software really so particular that it needs -R? I will try that as soon as I can, but in the meantime, what should I try to remove and reinstall?
I have installed ios16, 249, and 51.

Nevermind, this was all I needed: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OLZZUJSJ

abbe009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been searching but im not finding the wii backup disc 1,3 plz can u post a link to it... i used google as well but its not able to open the link to the website

kolobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RIGHT THEN THIS IS HOW I DOWNGRADED 3.3E (23rd oct version)to 3.2E SUCCESSFULLY AND NOW RUNNING WIGATOR 0.3

My wii was upgraded to v3.4E by mistake and now its 3.2E and super fine and any laucher or wads installed ok.

[1] Obtained Wii backup disc v1.31 as it holds the IO16-64-v257.wad file (you have to extract it) from here *LINK REMOVED BY MOD*. (ok link removed, so can i say goto the ps3news website under nintendowii and search for it there?

[2] Extract with WiiScrubber 1.31 found here Wii for everybody real easy just look at the partitions and then right click on the file you need and save.

[3] Install it with Wii Manager 1.3 as you would any other wad

[4] Use an IOS16 version of Wii Manager 1.3 found here We hack wii to install cios-fix which should be put in the apps folder on root
of SD card if using homebrew channel.

[5] Cios-fix.wad found here inside the folder Put onto SD Card/wad Download

[6] Now run IOS Downgrader-v1 from the homebrew channel also found in the above. (you should know the procedure now for using homebrew)
This app lets you choose which version of firmware you want. Press the down key on wii remote to select 3.2E, once installed goto 7

[7] Now run CIOS downgrader-v1.2 - found here GBAtemp

[8] You now have a Wii with 3.2E firmware and can now go through the procedure of installing wiigator 0.3, cios installer, cios retry-fix if required (i always install), ios51, wii shop channel etc.

I spend hours this afternoon reading all these threads and looking for the files needed and it worked brilliantly, i NEVER uninstalled IOS16 and before starting i removed all previously installed software i.e. homebrew.

GOOD LUCK & It works fine on PAL wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo