Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sora Master2.0 said:
Is it okay to request the ios16?
If so I would like it.

Im afriad you cant request it and we had to remove the DIRECT links to the files , but its still having around in zip files that come _WITH_ the file ... its simple if you try to work it 'OUT'

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
falcomainer said:
ive done just waiting for it to downgrade, i really hope this works for me

Hopefully it will sort things out - you might want to remove your e-mail address from the post above as well - stop the spambots gathering it and send you mails

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another confirmation here that it works - I just did it.

Can you please tell me what the cios_fix.wad is? Another mod of a cios? I talked before about installing Wanins cIOS v6 instead of this... but now I found that Wanins is a .dol instead of a .wad! Are they the same thing? If so, why wouldn't it just work straigth as a .dol application, instead of not being able to be installed (just because latest 3.3 v2 FW)?

Can you please shed some light about this? Thanks guys

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also don't really understand the difference between in functionality between cios_fix.wad and waninkoko's v6 of the cios.
but i know how the installation is different. waninkoko's .dol application wants the original ios36 wad file to be in the root of the folder and patches that one. But the cios_fix you have to install through wad manager

Truegamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i just thought of something...
would it be possible to burn a game with a modified Update IOS? so that would update instead of what nintendo wants to update?
or am i just dreaming?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Truegamer said:
hey i just thought of something...
would it be possible to burn a game with a modified Update IOS? so that would update instead of what nintendo wants to update?
or am i just dreaming?
you had to truchasign the disk. so it would work up to fw 3.2.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DOL VS WAD explanation:

any IOS can properly install the IOS16 wad, because is is correctly signed.

Take NOTE: WadManager Works THROUGH IOS, so it is limited by whatever IOS it is pointing at can do.

after installing IOS16 with regular Wad Manager (pointing at IOS35 [no fakesign ability], I believe?)

you can then use the modified wad manager (pointing at IOS16 [with fakesign ability])

to install cIOS_fix [with fakesign ability and more], and then go back to a fully enabled regular wad manager (becuase it defaults to cIOS249, if its there, and if not ONLY THEN uses IOS35)

the DOL is a CIOS INSTALLER, which....guess what....ALSO uses IOS35 (or similar no fakesign ability IOS) to send its commands (most homebrew does)

the CIOS the DOL is trying to INSTALL is FAKESIGNED.....and it is trying to do this on an IOS (35) that no longer allows it to do so.

the newest cIOS installer is rev6

cIOS_fix is the definitive version of rev5, nothing more, nothing less.

It was chosen for this trick, because simply, it is the easiest to find cIOS wadfile, because it has been passed around here like crazy. if you missed why it has to be a wad, re-read everything I've just said. and I'll say it again:

it has to be a wad, because you can only install a wad using either IOS 16 or a cIOS itself using this trick.
if it were a dol, aka: an installer, it would be pointing at IOS35 or whatever, and would not work.

cIOS was just here and does the job, so we use it. it is really just cIOS249_rev5_definitive edition

someone could easily pack cIOS249_rev6 into a wad, heck I could do it right now, but you don't need me to, so stop asking why.

now, after you've read this post about three times....and you're just joining us,

read this too:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112...t&p=1504942

ShadowrunneR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all I just want to thank the OP for coming up with a way to install wads again. I only have one issue, I am now able to install wads again so I was able to install all my emulator channels but now they dont work. wiiware games work but VBAGX for example doesnt. I was able to install the LIBDI and Patchmii and dvdx installer so that I could play the mplayer but now mplayer doesnt work either. here is a list of programs I have tried with and their status

dragon media player - works on 3.3v2 and under

mplayer - does not work with 3.3v2

gecko os - works on 3.3v2 and under

SNES9xGX - does not work with 3.3v2

GNUBOY - does not work with 3.3v2

VBAGX - does not work with 3.3v2

GEN PLUS - does not work with 3.3v2

SMS PLUS - does not work with 3.3v2

HUGO - does not work with 3.3v2

Wii Update Extractor - does not work with 3.3v2

Is there something I left out in the steps or is this just 3.3v2?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once you downgrade everything using IOS downgrader, you use wad manager to overwrite IOS 35 (most homebrew uses it).

you'll have to get the wad off of a game disc. youre on your own.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ shadowrunner and a lot of you

the truly best thing to do is wait for the next version of AnyRegion Changer after 1.1

it'll allow you to finish off your downgrade properly.

it shouldn't be too far off.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
DOL VS WAD explanation:

any IOS can properly install the IOS16 wad, because is is correctly signed.

Take NOTE: WadManager Works THROUGH IOS, so it is limited by whatever IOS it is pointing at can do.

after installing IOS16 with regular Wad Manager (pointing at IOS35 [no fakesign ability], I believe?)

you can then use the modified wad manager (pointing at IOS16 [with fakesign ability])

to install cIOS_fix [with fakesign ability and more], and then go back to a fully enabled regular wad manager (becuase it defaults to cIOS249, if its there, and if not ONLY THEN uses IOS35)

the DOL is a CIOS INSTALLER, which....guess what....ALSO uses IOS35 (or similar no fakesign ability IOS) to send its commands (most homebrew does)

the CIOS the DOL is trying to INSTALL is FAKESIGNED.....and it is trying to do this on an IOS (35) that no longer allows it to do so.

the newest cIOS installer is rev6

cIOS_fix is the definitive version of rev5, nothing more, nothing less.

It was chosen for this trick, because simply, it is the easiest to find cIOS wadfile, because it has been passed around here like crazy. if you missed why it has to be a wad, re-read everything I've just said. and I'll say it again:

it has to be a wad, because you can only install a wad using either IOS 16 or a cIOS itself using this trick.
if it were a dol, aka: an installer, it would be pointing at IOS35 or whatever, and would not work.

cIOS was just here and does the job, so we use it. it is really just cIOS249_rev5_definitive edition

someone could easily pack cIOS249_rev6 into a wad, heck I could do it right now, but you don't need me to, so stop asking why.

now, after you've read this post about three times....and you're just joining us,

read this too:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112...t&p=1504942

@noob: great post man! This, and other "synopsis" post you made are great!

I just have to ask thou... why no pack a cIOS rev 6 and thus install the latest cIOS available? Also, can Waninkoko's cIOS be deployed to a single WAD for installation instead of this cios_fix.wad?

Thanks again;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff