Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

Truegamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you sure you're using wadmanager for ios16?
[/quote]
hey was i suppost to uninstall the old CIOS i had installed before i installed the CISO16.wad...?
and IM getting that same error...
[/quote]
did you use the modified wad manegr to work vwih ios16
[/quote]
yeah and the same error appears...what am i doing wrong?
maybe is the backup disc 1.31 cios16.wad that i used...
someone help me....

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiifan08 said:
Could someone send me a pm and explain me

Ok Guys , i had to remove that file in case it caused any issues , but i put up a now with WITH_out the IOS106 ... but im sure there may be one around WITH the file in it as well, but i cant give that link Filename : 3.3u_Update_Fix_____WITH_out______IOS16.zip

I REALLY CAN'T FIND IT =(

Delete is the only button you need to get the files you want ___WITH_____ the proper update files

shock44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Samoa
Ok so I did all the steps to this fix. After that I downgraded to 3.2U (I'm using a US wii) and I even checked in my wii settings and found that it said 3.2U in the corner. So I tried using Wad manager 1.3 (I'm using Homebrew beta 9) and tried to install Super mario RPG. That got an error, so I tried kirby64 and that got the same error, I tried paper mario same error. So could someone tell me if I did something wrong? When I installed the wads with the right wad managers in the right order like the tutorial says they did install successfully. And I did downgrade successfully, I think the problem is my updated Wii shop channel, is there a way to downgrade or remove my wii shop channel. Or is there a different problem that makes it so I can't install game wads?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shock44 said:
Ok so I did all the steps to this fix. After that I downgraded to 3.2U (I'm using a US wii) and I even checked in my wii settings and found that it said 3.2U in the corner. So I tried using Wad manager 1.3 (I'm using Homebrew beta 9) and tried to install Super mario RPG. That got an error, so I tried kirby64 and that got the same error, I tried paper mario same error. So could someone tell me if I did something wrong? When I installed the wads with the right wad managers in the right order like the tutorial says they did install successfully. And I did downgrade successfully, I think the problem is my updated Wii shop channel, is there a way to downgrade or remove my wii shop channel. Or is there a different problem that makes it so I can't install game wads?
Did you use IOS downgrader to get the IOSes with the fakesign bug? Although it should work if you have the version that detects and uses a cIOS (and you have a cIOS installed) or the IOS16 version.

shock44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Samoa
Diffusion said:
Did you use IOS downgrader to get the IOSes with the fakesign bug? Although it should work if you have the version that detects and uses a cIOS (and you have a cIOS installed) or the IOS16 version.

Which version of IOS downgrader should I use? I used 1.2.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shock44 said:
Diffusion said:

Which version of IOS downgrader should I use? I used 1.2.
IOS Downgrader 1.0 and cIOS downgrader 1.2 are two different apps.

But the regular version of WAD manager will/should work if you have a cIOS installed. Did you uninstall it after doing the downgrade?
tongue.gif

shock44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Samoa
Diffusion said:

But the regular version of WAD manager will/should work if you have a cIOS installed. Did you uninstall it after doing the downgrade?
tongue.gif

What should I use to uninstall it? Are you talking about cIOS uninstaller? Whatever I need to uninstall it please tell me where I can get it and what to do with it.

Truegamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS16.WAD is installed on my wii...but i cant install cIOS fix.wad on there(im using wii USA) did i do something wrong, and yes im using wad manangercIOS version...
can someone help me?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shock44 said:
Diffusion said:

tongue.gif

What should I use to uninstall it? Are you talking about cIOS uninstaller? Whatever I need to uninstall it please tell me where I can get it and what to do with it.
No. I was asking if you uninstalled cIOS. If you did... reinstall it because you need it for the normal WAD manager.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Truegamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
i just say cup of coffee. but it took some time to see what he meant. not that easy for non english-native.
GOOGLE is ur friend...he wasnt with me at first but he became resonable and gave me what I wanted...
just type Wii Backup Disk 1.31
it has the cios16.wad in there too

Luprano

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everybody,

I recently bought myself a used Wii (PAL) and I updated right away (not knowing the importance of NOT updating...)
This was of course after October 23. So when I (re)discovered this site, I got the feeling that I was pretty much screwed!
Then yesterday I noticed this topic and regained some hope. I've done some research into my options, but there is just so much information (too much) for me to be sure what exactly I should be doing.
To be absolutely clear: I didn't alter my Wii in any way before I made the mistake to run the update.
My goal is to be able to downgrade to 3.2 (this is the recommended version, right?)

I'm going to try and make a detailed step-by-step description of what I think I need to do and I was hoping that you could point out any mistakes and omissions (I'm sure to make more than a few!)
I want to apologise beforehand to make this post as lenghty as it probably will become, but I need to write everything down in little steps because I'm new to this. and i hope this can be of some help to other newcormers as well?

First of all I have some, perhaps stupid, questions:

Question: The method in this topic requires me to install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad using Manager v1.3. But in order to use Manager v1.3 it is necessary to have the Homebrew Channel (HBC) installed, right?
Question: But before that, I need to run the Twilight Hack to install the HBC, correct?
Question: In the twilight-hack-v0.1-beta1 changelog it says "The Twilight Hack is now compatible with version 3.3 of the Wii System Menu". Is this still true after the October 23 update? (I hope so, otherwise this is a whole lot of work for nothing
rolleyes.gif
)

So:

- Download twilight-hack-v0.1-beta1 (http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/)
- Download the_homebrew_channel-beta_9 (http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/)
- Format your SD card (max 2GB) to FAT16 (it may help to use the Official SD Card Format Tool (http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/))
- Copy the 'private' directory from the twilight-hack-v0.1-beta1 archive to the root of your SD card
- Copy boot.dol from the the_homebrew_channel-beta_9 archive to the root of your SD card (the wiiload folder is not needed)
- You need a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii version)
- Start a session of Zelda and make a savegame
- Close you session of Zelda
- Put the SD card into your Wii
- Go into Wii Options --> Data Managment --> Save Date --> Wii
- Find your Zelda savegame, click on it, click "Erase", and click "Yes"
- Open your SD card and select the "Twilight Hack" savegame that corresponds to your game region (for PAL, this would be the data.bin file in the 'private\wii\title\rzdp' directory)
- Click "Copy" and then "Yes"
- Now exit out of the menu
- Start a new session of Zelda and load the "Twilight Hack" savegame
- Once in the game, either walk backwards or talk to the man standing in front of you
- The screen should turn black and there should be some code running
- You will be presented with a disclaimer screen about the dangers of installing the HBC. Follow the instructions
- After this process has completed, you should have a HBC in your System Menu
- You may safely delete the boot.dol file from the SD card, it is no longer needed

Question: do I need to reboot my Wii at any time during this process?
Question: is there another way to do all of this, or am I still on the right track?

To continue:

- Download the necessary files to downgrade (3.3u UPDATE FIX in djtaz' signature, thank you djtaz!)

Question: it says "3.3u UPDATE FIX". The 'u' implies a fix for NTSC (USA) Wii consoles. Can this package also be used on PAL systems?

- Create a directory named 'apps' in the root of your SD card
- Put [3587]WAD_Manager_v1.3 (the entire directory) in the 'apps' directory on your SD card (Now WAD Manager v1.3 will appear in the Homebrew Channel)
- Create a directory named 'wad' in the root of your SD card
- Put IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad in the 'wad' directory
- Run WAD Manager v1.3 using the HBC
- Install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
- Replace the boot.dol file in directory 'apps\[3587]WAD_Manager_v1.3'(on your SD card) with the boot.dol file from directory 'apps\wadmanagerios16' (from the "3.3u UPDATE FIX" archive)
- Once again run WAD Manager v1.3 using the HBC
- Install cios_fix.wad

From here on I'm not really sure what to do

- Put the 'IOS-Downgrader_v1' directory in the 'apps' directory on your SD Card
- Run IOS Downgrader v1 using the HBC

Question: Is this possible? Because in the IOS-Downgrader_v1 README it states that you need Custom IOS37 rev 03 or higher? My Wii has no cIOS installed, so I'm not sure what to do here?
Question: Are there more steps to take?

Many thanks to those that contributed in one form or another.
And also to those that made it to the end om my post
wink.gif

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fix! You have saved our asses here!

A question that hasn't been answered; can I install Waninkoko's cIOS rev 6 (latest) instead of the cios_fix.wad provided in the file? Which is "better"?

I'm currently on 3.3 v2 and my idea is to

- install IOS16 using regular WAD manager
- install (Wanins or provided cios_fix.wad) using WAD manager for IOS16
- Using regultar WAD manager delete IOS16 (pressing "-" button) and the that'd be it; I should be able to install any wad using the regular WAD mgr.

Do you see any error in this procedure? Can you please confirm me if it's 'better' to install the provided cios or Wanin's one? (I'm more inclined to install that one to play along with WAD manager - same author!)

Thanks, please let me know!

billyhtacher88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have searched so many places but i can't find the file IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
can someone email it or a link to it to me plz
my email is [email protected]

by the way before u tell me to use the wii scrubber, my computer wont run it because it can't read key.bin

Truegamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone tell me how long is cIOS16.wad is supposed to install, cause mine shows 0 to 1 content that installs...which i hope is normal...
how many content is it supposed to install?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now