Hacking Final Word on Metroid Prime Trilogy?

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be burning it on to a disk and not gonna bother with HDD. Was this release able to boot up normally with the layer break?

Correct layer break?
Code:
LayerBreak=2084960

YumYumSauce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded it and burned it and it worked like a charm. I'm on a WiiKey 1 with 4.1 Wii firmware and no problems at all

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the right layer break, but here's some tips on how to get it to run.
If you're using cIOScorp 3.x, patch the ISO to IOS36 before burning. Otherwise, patch to IOS249 and install cIOS rev13a (rev14 doesn't work)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you dont need cios and you don't need cioscorp. if you have a wiikey download your version (pal/ntsc) burn with LayerBreak=2084960 at 2x speed, put it in and run it from the disc channel. you don't need anything else and you don't need to patch the disc either.

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
All myth. I burnt MPT on some random crappy DVD+R DL disc, called "Umedisc" if you must know, at 8x and all three games work flawlessly. I also burn DVD+R SL discs at 16x without any problems as well. Slow burning is an obsolete myth. If it works for you then continue to enjoy your slow burn times, but consider upgrading to a drive that doesn't suck some time in the near future.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
for your stupid information i have the latest dvd DL drive with
* SpeedPlus technology
* speed adustment technology
* buffer under run free technology
* SATA interface

and as i said above (next time read it before posting) there is a small chance that the disc will fuck up and i only burn DL discs at 2x speeds any other time i burn at max speed which is over 16x with my drive and what's the big fucking hurry to burn anyway you waiting for a bus?! maybe you should take your foot out of your ass next time before posting.

op you have the info you need you can ignore this thread now and Retal with his inferiority complex

t.i

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
* SpeedPlus technology
* SATA interface

and as i said above (next time read it before posting) there is a small chance that the disc will fuck up and i only burn DL discs at 2x speeds any other time i burn at max speed which is over 16x with my drive and what's the big fucking hurry to burn anyway you waiting for a bus?! maybe you should take your foot out of your ass next time before posting.

op you have the info you need you can ignore this thread now and Retal with his inferiority complex

t.i

You dont have to be an ass about it. I only burn on verbatim dvd+r dl (singapore) 2.4x (rated up to 6x) @ 4x speed without any issues whatsoever. I use imgburn on windows XP (also done this on vista & 7). Using a Pioneer 117D as my burner. You can even verify your burn if you're all scared about corrupted data. The previous poster said 8x which i think is WAY too fast to burn dual layered media, but 2.4 or 4 should be ok. Used to do it at 6x but had a few coasters.

DriftRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to join the "it's a myth" bandwagon.

I've always burnt Wii disks on TDK media at 16x, over 20 disks burnt before I started using USB loaders, both Wii games and multi-GC disks. Absolutly no issues, I think House of the Dead Overkill didn't work at one point, but dunno if it was a bad image or the burning.

Either way, considering the time you save burning at 16x vs 2 or 4x, chances are you could screw up disks 50% of the time and still come out on top...

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact guy burns everything else at 16x just proves the error in his logic.

Apparently the data contained in a wii ISO is magical and his burner can't write it as fast as all other 1's and 0's he does at 16x and which work fine.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not a complete myth, and although your wii may easily read cheap/quickly burnt dvds now, it puts more strain on the laser to read such dvds and you laser is likely to have a much shorter life.

You are already shortening the life of your laser by using +r/-r discs that the wii was not designed for and using cheap/quickly burnt will only enhance the problem.

So I recommend you don't get pretentious about how it works now and just spend a little extra money on decent verbatims and spend 10 extra minutes burning your discs at a slow speed.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, the burning speed argument AGAIN?

It all comes down to several variables: your burner, pc, media, and Wii. In my case, using TDK -R media, burning at 8x is FAR more reliable than burning at 2 or 4x. Generally speaking, burning at 1/2 your drive/media's maximum speed is optimal. 16x? Burn at 8. Keep in mind also that some people have very old computers that simply won't even keep up when burning at high speed... this can cause errors as well.

But all in all, there is NO definitive answer to this question. Use the media and burning speed that give you the best results. I burned MPT twice, on Imation DL discs. The faster burn of the two is definitely more reliable (100%) than the slower. This applies to the copies burned on my brother's machine as well. But obviously BladeXDSL has different results. And if you look in about 5,000 different places on this board, different users have very different results based on high/low speed burns.

Why does everybody around here have to assume that there's only ONE right answer to this question, and since it works for them, anyone doing something differently must be completely wrong?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Modchip? - Do nothing before burning, play from disc channel
Cioscorp? - Do nothing before burning, play from disc channel
softmod? - Do nothing before burning, either install the necessary cioscorp cIOS or use alternative .dol method

Bladexdsl said:
* SpeedPlus technology
* SATA interface
[...]

mine is longer than yours...

New burner + new media = you need at least 8x burning speed for good results. Before anybody comes again, blablabla i always burn slow and it works, burn 2 discs, 1 slow and 1 fast and test the quality of your burns with a software that is made for that purpose. THEN you could say burning slow is better, if the test result would say the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-