Final 'Super Smash Bros. Ultimate' Direct before launch announced

smash direct.PNG

Fresh out of a press release is the announcement of the last Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct before the game hits shelves. The live presentation will feature approximately 40 minutes of new information on the game, and once it concludes, a Nintendo Treehouse: Live will start airing, featuring live gameplay of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Diablo III: Eternal Edition.

Tune in on Thursday, November 1 at 7 a.m. PT for the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct which can be streamed via Nintendo's official Twitch channel:

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you, though? Are you really? I just don't want the Grinch bullshit to be true, I couldn't care less about him as a character. I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character. He's just like Waluigi,
cancerous as a meme.
Hold on there my dude, we are on two whole different levels. What are you referencing to?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Indeed.
They focused way too fucking hard on this lame-ass game, to the point where it was the only main title from Nintendo in 2018.
I mean, one could say Let's Go, but really that shit doesn't count as a main Pokemon game xD

One bingo spot = One shot
a lame ass game that is consistently the top seller on almost any console since it was created... with great reviews and everything, if smash is a lame-ass game i have no idea what the other games nintendo does are really.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
a lame ass game that is consistently the top seller on almost any console since it was created... with great reviews and everything, if smash is a lame-ass game i have no idea what the other games nintendo does are really.
I could continue arguing, but really, what else is there besides new characters and stages in each release?
It's the same trope as in any fighting game, yet people make this seem like a holy grail in gaming.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm.... okay? You alright? What’s this grinch thing?
Basically, there was this Snapchat floating around that presumably details the entire roster on an unreleased banner containing a grand total of 7 unannounced characters. Its called the Grinch leak because you can also see a render of the Grinch in the Snapchat.

Reactions: lampdemon

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could continue arguing, but really, what else is there besides new characters and stages in each release?
It's the same trope as in any fighting game, yet people make this seem like a holy grail in gaming.

I'd personally rather play it than some other milked-to-death Street Fighter or Soul Calibur any day.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
lol you can say that about any genre really, srs what has changed in mario games?mario kart? splatoon 2? its all the same its a sequel, you add characters stages, change the mechanics and you got was it called a sequel.

by that logic you should never buy any nintendo game or any game sequel, with very few exceptions this is what a sequel is...

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
lol you can say that about any genre really, srs what has changed in mario games?mario kart? splatoon 2? its all the same its a sequel, you add characters stages, change the mechanics and you got was it called a sequel.

by that logic you should never buy any nintendo game or any game sequel, with very few exceptions this is what a sequel is...
Ideally, you'd never buy a game again as they're all the same, rehashed content with prettier graphics. Yet, here we are.

ITT: "I can't think of any constructive criticism so here's my tiring, played out complaints that hold no bearing to any conversation, ever."

... And I thought I was negative. Y'all need a break..

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Jonna

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Jeez, I can't wait for this fucking game to come out just to they can finally shut the fuck up about it already.
I'm tired of just hearing nothing but Smash lately since E3, it's like Nintendo doesn't even have anything in store outside of it...
Oh wait, they don't LOL
(Let's Go doesn't count)

But why dosen't count is the real question x°D

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It was hella cruel putting the release in December, I can't stop watching what few pro matches are available on Youtube.

On the bright side, Smash Ultimate is looking far more balanced than previous entries, and because of that it seems a lot more characters will be viable for competitive play. Plus the "no obstacles" setting will make for far more stages played in tournaments.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm screaming in hype language. I truly cannot wait (except for Pokémon Let's Go, of course)

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question. What were the characters?
I'll put a spoiler beneath here:
Characters in the leak, if it really is true, are Shadow, Banjo and Kazooie, Isaac from Golden Sun, Ken, Mach Rider, Skull Kid, Geno and the Chorus Kids. Also, the positioning for some existing characters on this roster is a little different in a few spots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-