Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finalfantasy14530.jpg
No arrow, blade or strongest Firaga seems to be capable of ridding the online world of Final Fantasy XIV from its most daunting foes -- the dreaded "critical bugs." Square Enix announced earlier today that the game's open beta testing, which was scheduled to start later today, will be postponed in all regions due to the discovery of these vexing critters.

No new timetable was placed on the open beta testing -- we suppose that depends on how long it takes Square to vanquish the errors that are apparently plaguing the client.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source (Joystiq)

I honestly didn't even know it was supposed to open up today, I do hope that the critical bugs aren't too bad though

UPDATE:
We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010.

Along with the completion on investigation and correction of the critical issue, we have decided to begin FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT).

Starting on Sep. 2, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT), acquisition of registration code required for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will become available.

We are looking forward to your participation in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test![/p]
Source
UPDATE #2: coming today in NA
Along with the completion on investigation and correction of the critical issue, we have decided to begin FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test on Sep. 1, 2010 at 19:00 (PDT).

Starting on Sep. 1, 2010 at 19:00 (PDT), acquisition of registration code required for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be available.

We are looking forward to your participation in FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test![/p]
Source

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scott-105 said:
DarkWay said:
Scott-105 said:
I'd like to try this. I didn't even know a beta was coming out though
tongue.gif

Same here I will be getting that beta as soon as I can.
Ha ha, same. It will make my decision on whether or not to buy the game.

The client installer is available now but will become unavailable at 19:00 (7pm) that's GMT time. The installer is 118MB I hope it self updates that way I won' have to redownload it when they fix these critical bugs XD

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well, this just shows how terrible the game will really be.

JK, but I think another online Final Fantasy is just stupid. For the PS3, maybe it will be a little better (as in, free wireless.)

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Story wise the online games are a hell of alot better than the rest there's a heck of alot of lore and things to get you right into the game and not just meet these people go save the world, oh your a clone such a shame or oh your over 1000years old have a nice disappearance when you die again -_-
The ONLY offline FF that I've seen as indepth in terms of lore is good old Final Fantasy Tactics which I recommend to anyone for a good classic RPG.

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
Story wise the online games are a hell of alot better than the rest there's a heck of alot of lore and things to get you right into the game and not just meet these people go save the world, oh your a clone such a shame or oh your over 1000years old have a nice disappearance when you die again -_-
The ONLY offline FF that I've seen as indepth in terms of lore is good old Final Fantasy Tactics which I recommend to anyone for a good classic RPG.
FFT would also be good/useful as a base for a decent online FF. FFTA, FFTA2, FFXII, etc, you've got a bunch of races, a bunch of jobs, etc. The online games can be expanded, which make it hard to compare to the 'finished' offline counterparts.

Ontopic - At least there's a nice effort to get rid of the bugs, unlike some games/companies....
Though I wonder what the said critical bugs are.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wanna play this game, but I don't have a computer that is capable of playing it...my laptop is about 2 years old running Windows 7, and my desktop is about 10 years old and on Windows XP...it's also slower than molasses. Ah well...

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
I really wanna play this game, but I don't have a computer that is capable of playing it...my laptop is about 2 years old running Windows 7, and my desktop is about 10 years old and on Windows XP...it's also slower than molasses. Ah well...
Me too... Sort of.

Plus, if you have to pay then I'm out since I only have $20 total.

*Sigh* I guess I'll go back to hoping for a good RPG with a real-time battle system, tons of character customization, in English, and an in-depth story.
tongue.gif
I don't count PS0 as that, btw, because PS0 has like.. What, 3 races? That's not enough for customization!

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed: Follow-up

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010.

A critical issue where the client software for the open beta test would not respond on certain rare occasions has been addressed. As of now, we are in the final stages of preparation for the start of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

A new schedule will be released at a later date. Until then, we ask for your patience in this matter.

Source

Just a little update for you peeps.

I've currently been updating the client since yesterday -_- it's going quite slowly and only 4 of the original 24 hours have gone from the estimated time XD and there's 2 updates >.>

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother got in on this and was selected! How cool~

But fuck if I'll pay to play it when it comes out
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same