Final Fantasy XIII-2 Release Date Next Week

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Sep 11, 2011.

Sep 11, 2011
  1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    Final Fantasy XIII-2 director Motomu Toriyama has provided a big hint about when we can expect to hear the game's final release date. During the Q&A session of a fan event held in Tokyo over the weekend, Toriyama was asked by attendees for a more specific date than the currently announced December timeframe. He responded "It will be announced at Tokyo XXXXXX."

Tokyo Game Show may also be the revealing grounds for the identity of the mysterious man who was shown in a confrontation in Valhalla with Lightning during the game's first trailer earlier this year. Square Enix's PR department said to expect this info from next week's big event as well.

Asked if they're looking into releasing download content, producer Yoshinori Kitase asked a PR person "Is it okay if I say?" but was denied permission, so he instead said that they're actively looking into it.

Asked if we'll get a limited edition, Kitase said they're "really actively looking into it."

If you have your XIII save data, you'll get some bonuses in XIII-2.

That Moogle Serah uses as a weapon and as a means of grabbing items items is from Lightning's world. He's come to help Serah.

Asked about the game's length, Toriyama explained that just looking at the story volume, it's a bit shorter than XIII. However, there are all sorts of additional play elements this time, including the time travel, the fragments, and lots of mini games.

It was already announced that most of the characters from XIII will appear in XIII-2. We'll get an introduction to some of those characters at TGS. Some of the characters will be playable (not necessarily at TGS, but playable in the game).

Serah and Snow are not yet married, and Snow apparently has a good reason for this. In the final version of the game, we'll get the full word on the current status of their relationship.

Development on XIII-2 is currently at 90%. The game has been in development for a little over one and a half years, according to Kitase.[/p][​IMG] Source

It will most likely be the Japanese release date being announced, with the NA/EU release date sometime afterwards.
    Bring on TGS. [​IMG]

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    And then next week came and machomuu was still poor [​IMG]

3. titen96

Member titen96 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Time to get my parents checkbook!

4. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    F**k, I still need beat FFXIII, once I got into Gran Pulse I started playing the game less. Well, that and I saw the trailer [​IMG]

5. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    It's not like it ruins the experience.

I know what happens at the end and I'm 40 hours in at Orphan's Cradle enjoying every minute.

6. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I havent beaten it either lol. I was amazed by the cinematic/cutscenes.. not so much about the game in general though [​IMG]

Still, will probably pre-order this [​IMG].

7. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
    FF13 is such an under-appreciated game.
    I loved it, sadly I beat it on Ps3 and have sold it since, so no bonus content for me :/

8. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Serah with that bow looks awesome.

And I am hoping for a Pre-March release. No delaying bullshit.

9. MigueelDnd

Member MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    90%, huh? That's good to hear! This game looks amazing... I didn't finish XIII, though.