Final Fantasy XII-2 "Fortress" Beta Footage

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XII was the best FF since VI, in that it strayed away from the tired battle system, and actually had some realistic characters in it.

Most people didn't like it because the main character wasn't Cloud and didn't have a huge-ass sword.
And because there was no teen-drama storyline filled with angst and romance.

also, it was not gay, so that is another reason people hated it.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jaems said:
XII was the best FF since VI, in that it strayed away from the tired battle system, and actually had some realistic characters in it.

Most people didn't like it because the main character wasn't Cloud and didn't have a huge-ass sword.

Agreed.

Also, it was as turn based as you can get. It was ATB. People who complain about how it's not turn based obviously did not play it at all. The only difference was no random battles.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
It does look more like early beta footage for FFXIV, but if it really is a new game based on XII I'm all for it. Of course this is coming from somebody that played FFXI for the better part of 4 years.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would agree, it looks more like a beta of XIV.

I did like 12, the storyline, I just found the gameplay a little slow and boring. I much prefer the old styles, or even some of the CC's on the DS.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, XII looked like it could've been an MMO too.

At least everyone here has already seen the footage of Final Fantasy XIV so far to clear up any misconceptions ^^

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love 12. This is great news. Would be nice if they made the person you walk around as the main character though and not just someone who isn't really relevant to anything.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jaems said:

I respect your opinion, but I disagree.

XII ruined the entire "Final Fantasy" in "Final Fantasy XII".

Why?
First of all, the battle system.
The entire gambit system is just horrid. You're basically watching your characters fight every battle based on set orders.
What's the point of an RPG where you do nothing in the battles?

Another thing about the battles is that they were boring. I don't recall any battles that were actually fun and interesting.

Secondly, the music.
Horrible music. Practically every single Final Fantasy game to date has had at least a very decent soundtrack.
This game doesn't even have a battle theme!! It has a couple boss themes if I remember, but no battle theme? Wtf?

I don't wanna continue this rant so I'll leave it at that.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I would like to see both Final Fantasy "styles" continue, games like 12 and not like 12. I enjoyed both.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
Jaems said:

I respect your opinion, but I disagree.

XII ruined the entire "Final Fantasy" in "Final Fantasy XII".

Why?
First of all, the battle system.
The entire gambit system is just horrid. You're basically watching your characters fight every battle based on set orders.
What's the point of an RPG where you do nothing in the battles?

Another thing about the battles is that they were boring. I don't recall any battles that were actually fun and interesting.

Secondly, the music.
Horrible music. Practically every single Final Fantasy game to date has had at least a very decent soundtrack.
This game doesn't even have a battle theme!! It has a couple boss themes if I remember, but no battle theme? Wtf?

I don't wanna continue this rant so I'll leave it at that.

Oh please. If there's one Final Fantasy that ruined the franchise, it's 7. It setup the whole emo kid, romance plotlines that are ridiculous. Every FF after that one was some iteration of those pretentiousness plot elements. XII brought the franchise back to where it was suppose to be, which is an actual epic adventure rather than some lame love story. Ah...yes horrible music. You mean the J-Pop crap that was in 8, 9, 10, and now apparently 13. Also, who actually spend more than a minute for the battles in any FF game? Most people set the cursor to memorize and just hold down a button. I really don't see the difference here. Additionally in FFXII, you can at any point during any battle order your guys to perform any action that you want for more complex directions. So, you fault the FFXII for the removal of one of the lamest aspects of all the FF games? The holding down of buttons to get past ridiculous random battles.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
ppl like final fantasy or dont and same for titles within the final fantasy genre... the only thing i found strange it tht they released ANOTHER FF12 (as zero faur said about revenant wings) bcz the storyline was not THAT good to be continued... maybe they should have done FF7 seriously (though i know it would have been hated)
its good to see it for the PC hence able to played by those without a console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...