PCSX2 HD texture pack group

Final Fantasy X + International HD Textures

Bl4ckH4nd

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Man, I'm really glad you did this, someone on my Discord asked me if I could do this game but I just don't have the time. I'll point him here :)

Curse_Arms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I'm really glad you did this, someone on my Discord asked me if I could do this game but I just don't have the time. I'll point him here :)
I'm glad also that I finished it. It's a very time-consuming game compared to XII and also produces infinite images on certain objects, monsters, etc during the dumping of images.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks!😁

Curse_Arms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only upscale the menu with English text in us, pal, and international japan release but the hd textures in gameplay work in all regions.

kupo-on-gbatem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, calling it "international" if it works mostly in english and not in other languages is a bit misleading.

also apart from the menus it seems not to work.

this is what it looks like with texture replacements off for me:
Final Fantasy X_SCES-50492_20230217133037.png

and this is what it looks like with your texture replacements on:
Final Fantasy X_SCES-50492_20230217133040.png

the background is still the same. did you test your texture pack in other versions? because from my experience the major part of textures within a game is not compatible across regions.

Reactions: ul7

ul7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, calling it "international" if it works mostly in english and not in other languages is a bit misleading.

also apart from the menus it seems not to work.

this is what it looks like with texture replacements off for me:
View attachment 353835

and this is what it looks like with your texture replacements on:
View attachment 353836

the background is still the same. did you test your texture pack in other versions? because from my experience the major part of textures within a game is not compatible across regions.

It's more than "a bit misleading". It's completely wrong, based on my understanding.

I don't know if I'm just stupid or not following the cadence of version/region terminology here but the YouTube video that's referenced in showing the texture pack, isn't even using an international release of FFX.

It's using a regular (aka: vanilla) release (SLUS-XXXXXX).
Furthermore, the region is US in the same video (NTSC-U).

So, unless someone can help me out here, both the YouTube video and this thread, should be renamed to fit the release/region it's compatible with. A little effort goes a long way.

I mean, it would be appreciated if there was clarity, is all I'm saying.

Here's what I mean from the video used:
1696545059555.png

Last edited by ul7,

Curse_Arms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's more than "a bit misleading". It's completely wrong, based on my understanding.

I don't know if I'm just stupid or not following the cadence of version/region terminology here but the YouTube video that's referenced in showing the texture pack, isn't even using an international release of FFX.

It's using a regular (aka: vanilla) release (SLUS-XXXXXX).
Furthermore, the region is US in the same video (NTSC-U).

So, unless someone can help me out here, both the YouTube video and this thread, should be renamed to fit the release/region it's compatible with. A little effort goes a long way.

I mean, it would be appreciated if there was clarity, is all I'm saying.

Here's what I mean from the video used:
View attachment 397664
Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X International both work in my HD textures. Here is the video from NoBigDeal La

Reactions: ul7

ul7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X International both work in my HD textures. Here is the video from NoBigDeal La

OK! Hey that's good to know. Thanks for the reference and thanks for keeping me honest. I'm no expert on the differences between releases/regions and the difference in textures but it makes sense to keep most things the same. Regardless of if I can get it working on my Steam Deck, I do want to thank you for all the work you do put into this stuff. If I make some progress, I'll be sure to share what I learn. I think the video you linked might be the other thread I'm looking at too here in GBATemp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: