Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

D

Deleted User

Thanks i've approved your message.
it automatically fall into spam because of the links.
I removed the link to pspiso because that site baned me forever for no reason, only cos it's me. so i don't link to them.
I'll try to upload in parts as you asked.
Thanks!

Reactions: zfreeman

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the reason for the V2 patch adding over 300mb to the size of the game? The original with the V1 patch was a fraction over 2.7gb all told, V2 is over 3GB?

PiezoSparker

For some reason video recoding results in bigger files.
The epilogue wasn't translated in the original patch, at it happens to be the longest video of them all with over 250 Mb.
After translating and recoding it, it's final size went over 500 Mb. We had to edit several other smaller videos too, which contributed to raise the final ISO size.

Again, in order to play on an official firmware PS3, the final iso size must be something between 1.5-2.0 GB, so I'll be making an ISO rip (changing video encoding settings) to allow this; as soon as I get some time. I hope this doesn't affect video quality too much.

Reactions: zfreeman

jijisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
ok first we have all be owning to sky and his team to this marvelos release but let's be honest the V2 have complet the work with flawless man to all the fellas who release it thank you so much i download the V2 yesterday and guess what? my problem with the save/load untranslated issue have fixed so i will make a conclusion:
1-maybe my psp system option is the reason of the problem (low possibility) but i gess not because i play games 100% traslated: danganronpa,toradora portable and i haven't this problem.
2-or the iso dosn't patch correctly (med possibility) that's mean there is one uploader? because i download it from defferent places (5 time!)
3-the most realistic one :the first release have a bug (high possibility) because all games nowdays have bug issue in the first release and that's obvious
so i will finish my post to say that if people like sky or roomstar and all translation teams dosn't exist we will be slaves to video game companies like SE waitin' to have mercy on us so maybe they realese there games for us.(to meditate...)

otyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
This won't work on OFW, game needs to be less then 1.8GB so we can convert it using psptops3 hopefully its possible to remake a two disc version (and keep quality).

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to ask for clarity's sake: is this V2 patch complete, or is it still undergoing QC/testing?

PiezoSparker: "Okay, the last batch is now fixed, so I'm up to date again. I will fix some little, unimportant mistakes I found since the last reinsertion and, unless you find another batch, that will be it!"

Later, they found an error, but it was originally in the game to begin with; a Special Order mission.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant ps3 ofw not psp ofw, if someone know how to get it working please let me know.
maybe if the game was signed like PSP and converted like PSP to eboot.pbp then converted to .pkg just a guess

Well their is a new ISO to .pbp converter that allows all ISO to work AFAIK for OFW PSP so maybe the key in converting will maybe fix PS3 Problem

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=383407#p383407

otyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
It's complicated and long-winded. Looking at the compatibility list, it might not work for it.

http://www.psx-place.com/ps3-news/1418/how-to-play-psp-backups-on-ps3-ofw-by-sky.html

I am pretty sure it will work as some people have removed all the videos to get size down and it boots up fine on ofw, .

Looking at Sign-Fake NP Expert it seems kindof advanced, using fixed key I can generate the pbp but I am unsure what to use for Auto Re-Sign eboot or the other options, I tried running the pbp through psptops3 and it does generate a pkg, uploading the resulting pkg to ps3 but I got black screen when starting the game....something must have gone wrong :)

Pleasance13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Randqalan Awesome, thank you! Also, any idea if this works when converting the resulting EBOOT for use on OFW PS3?
I asked PiezoSparker (one of the programmers on V2) how to get it working on OFW PS3 and he wasn't sure and said he'd ask KernelPanic (another of the programmers). Shortly after, he posted this update:
UPDATE!

There is no need to rip the V2.0 ISO to make it playable on a official firmware PSP or PS3. Use Sign~Fake NP Expert by LMAN to sign it and it will be playable on a official firmware PSP.

Then you can convert the result EBOOT.PBP so it becomes playable on a official firmware PS3. That being said, I cancel the creation of the ISO rip and consider the project concluded.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Randqalan Awesome, thank you! Also, any idea if this works when converting the resulting EBOOT for use on OFW PS3?
I asked PiezoSparker (one of the programmers on V2) how to get it working on OFW PS3 and he wasn't sure and said he'd ask KernelPanic (another of the programmers). Shortly after, he posted this update:
Nope sorry have not got a PS3 CFW to try it with and the OFW way that Sky found is well a lot of work :lol:

Pleasance13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope sorry have not got a PS3 CFW to try it with and the OFW way that Sky found is well a lot of work :lol:

Haha, alright. Well I'll try what seems right and let you know my results. :P

UPDATE - Tried converting Eboot in PSP2PS3, folder meant to be inserted into PS3 backup was far too small to have possibly been right.

Reactions: Randqalan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: ok