Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Dantes. Nice then. At least someone will complete what's missing. Blackfire is helpful while the project's ongoing and later too. Good luck with their patch update.

Zero Dozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why? Are you implying the team is useless without Sky? This is a legitimate question, because there is a patch update in the works, presumably from a team member, at PSPISO.com, and the guy seems to have all sorts of problems not being able to figure out how to deal with the translation tools. Either that, or it's all fake.
Forget what I've just said: I've just realized blackfire219 from this very thread is betatesting the patch update. Power to you guys.

No, I'm implying that the original team would NEVER team up with Sky again. This also seems to go for any hacker that knows the mess he made for that matter, the people that knows at least a fraction of the mess would never go hand-in-hand with him. Let's accept it, Sky messed up with his own reputation.

Also, why is it that only the Western people (the most gullyible ones, for a note) are the ones who want the game? It's easy to compare Japan to whole continents and say that their home country doesn't matter.

Come the hell on, everyone knows that japanese companies test their things on japanese people and only release it if they think that the japanese will love it.

This is how Final Fantasy XIII came out and... well, we all know how Toriyama received those death threats, right? I wonder if the same's gonna happen with Tabata. They say the japanese takes the word "serious" into the next levels in every term.

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing, I AM NOT BUYING THE PS4 FOR THIS GAME. Or any game that I could have in a PS3 for that matter (which is a majority of games as of this point). I am not a fanboy. I'm not swallowing any crap Square sends into my throat like you're doing.

You know, you COULD just buy the PSP version and play without a patch as it is fairly playable without a translation.

Though if interested in the story, I'm sure there are dozens of resources.

Apologies for just adding to the argument.

~Cheers

Zero Dozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you want a massage? You seems hella stressed. Chill out dude.

Looking up at what I've already said and the fact I may have actually managed to piss Sky off (there's a mail I'm actually afraid of reading, LOL), I am starting to think you're right. I tend to get carried off when I say what I think of things.

I must recognize that I was (in a polite manner of saying) highly rude. Hell, now I'm actually afraid of earning a warn with all this (Yeah, I'm serious). So... Yeah, I should put my ball down.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking up at what I've already said and the fact I may have actually managed to piss Sky off (there's a mail I'm actually afraid of reading, LOL), I am starting to think you're right. I tend to get carried off when I say what I think of things.

I must recognize that I was (in a polite manner of saying) highly rude. Hell, now I'm actually afraid of earning a warn with all this (Yeah, I'm serious). So... Yeah, I should put my ball down.

Way to man up, bro. <3

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
Why? Are you implying the team is useless without Sky? This is a legitimate question, because there is a patch update in the works, presumably from a team member, at PSPISO.com, and the guy seems to have all sorts of problems not being able to figure out how to deal with the translation tools. Either that, or it's all fake.
Forget what I've just said: I've just realized blackfire219 from this very thread is betatesting the patch update. Power to you guys.

Hello, I didn't expect that this thread has new comments/replies. I'm just logging in here up to twice/thrice in a month.

Regarding the patch, I'm still using the current patch we have now [the first release], and I am helping him [Sky's former team member] to find the other bugs aside from the overlapped texts, misspelled words, etc. I am not beta-testing an updated patch because he did not released any patch to me. I am still repeating the game to the 2nd play-through using the first version patch, so I told him to wait me a little longer until I finish the 2nd play-through and confirm that there are no errors left in the first patch.

Actually, fixes are really in slow progress until I volunteered to help him find the errors in the patch. He said that he does not have a lot of free time so he can't really focus to fix them. So I offered myself to help him, and he accepted it. He still fixing the errors that I reported to him last week, so I don't know when he can finish it.

On the side note, I've finished the first play-through in the game using Sony NP9660 ISO driver on my PSP-3000 6.60 PRO-C fix3 without encountering any errors [black screen, freezing, crashing]. It can also play the edited videos and cut-scenes. But ME-2.3 CFW is really a good option now.

Rin14

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I need help. I got psp 2000 with 6.60 pro c-2.
My psp problem desc. : Playing Final Fantasy type 0(merged english patch)=>go to save menu(so i can activate the cheat),then press select for 3 second, select cheats that i want to use. When i save my cheat selection by pressing select, it freeze and shut down after several second (normally, the orange light will flash)

P.S. Before playing FF type 0, i tried to activated the cheat on other game (the cheat works), but when i activate cheat for FF type 0, it freeze & shut down & i tried to activate cheat on other games, the result is freeze and shut down. I have tried to renew my cwcheat over and over again after i tried to activated cheat on FF type 0.

Is there any solution? Thank you:)

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Crimson codex is known to be memory hungry or rather, buggy for some users. The only known solution is to restart the game for the first patch as far as I know.

As for the cheat problem, no expert on that, pretty sure some helpful users posted their working cheats specifically for type-0 in the last few page of this thread.

Zero Dozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would like to download it, but isn't there a better place to get it? I was never lucky with *removed*.

Also, is it okay to post that link like this?

Not to mention the main question: is it truly legit? (I know that people caught the patch where the team left off, but we've had hoax announcements before.)

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PiezoSparker:
"Final Fantasy Type-0 English Translation Patch V2.0

This is the project I've been working on with the help
of a couple of forum members.
It's basically an update of the original translation patch
made by skybladecloud and the operation doomtrain team.
The whole original translation has been completed and corrected
keeping the original touch and feel of doomtrain, and only
changing incorrect text.
Many other bugs have been corrected too, mainly graphic glitches.
This version can be played in the following platforms:

PSP on a custom firmware
PSP on official firware (requires ripping the game)
PS3 on Cobra firmware
PS3 on either custom or official firmware (requires ripping the game)
PsVita on custom emulator firmware
PPSSPP on Windows, Android, IOS, Linux, MAC, etc...

To enhance the experience on both underpowered and overpowered
devices, FPS patches have been included, so the game can be played
at 15, 30 or 60 fps.

Also, many, many thanks to:
BlackFire219, for an amazing work of tests and corrections.
KernelPanic, for fixing bugs and creating those fps patches.
Many thanks to the original translation team too!"

blackfire219:
"FIXED:
*fixed some graphical glitches
*re-translated some words
*reconstructed sentences
*realigned obscured texts on context menus
*fixed description errors on Story Missions and Combat Exercises
Credits to:
*Skybladecloud & Operation Doomtrain - for starting the project, whole game translation and ROMhacking.
V2 patch update Credits to:
*PiezoSparker (former Sky's team member, programmer)
*KernelPanic (programmer)
*blackfire219 (me) (for error reporting, mostly on mission descriptions)"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...