Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Yuuki-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, is the player data summary suppose to last for only half a second because I never have enough time to see what they say.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said it earlier this thread and I'll say it now, I don't care about an HD localization in the next 6 months to a year.
I've waited to play this game for 3 years and I'm playing it NOW!

Besides, I'm sure I'll pick up the HD to replay the game and enjoy the additional content later on in life.

Reactions: signz

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, is the player data summary suppose to last for only half a since because I never have enough time to see what they say.

That screen was useful because when running the game from UMD without data install, load times could be very long. Now, since you're running the entire game from the memory stick or on your hard drive through an emulator, the load times are fractions of a second. We translated those screens, but you're right, they're not really useful anymore.

SuzakuX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around a million, from what I've read (for FF X/X-2, but I personally am not sure if this is just the Vita only or with the PS4 sales).
FFX/X-2 HD Remaster sold about 1.3 million worldwide. 860k on PS3 and 450k on Vita.

The big difference is that, outside of Japan, it sold really poorly on Vita. 140k copies in North America and Europe, compared to 460k on the PS3.

I do think it's a bit odd that they're porting it to PS4 instead of PS3, given how much bigger the PS3 install base is, but I suppose they're ready to shift focus to next gen development at this point. I think they must want to get the Final Fantasy IP out on the next gen consoles as soon as possible, ahead of FFXV which is still a long ways off. They'll have a key franchise out on the hardware, it'll help build the install base for bigger titles down the line, and it'll let them show off the Luminous Engine a bit more, since I'm pretty sure it's running on that.

Hell, just compare their Vita sales to a really minor Square Enix game on the PS4. Thief on PS4 outsold X/X-2 on Vita by more than 3-to-1 outside of Japan. 5-to-1 if you include the XB1 version.

Reactions: Legado

4th'ave'

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, all this talk about the ps4/xbone type-0 makes me want to buy a ps4. But not for now, probably next year or two. Besides, I can still enjoy the english translation that sky and his team made for us for months or even a year :)
Thanks again Sky and all the people in you team!!!! :grog: :grog: :grog:

Reactions: Randqalan

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFX/X-2 HD Remaster sold about 1.3 million worldwide. 860k on PS3 and 450k on Vita.

The big difference is that, outside of Japan, it sold really poorly on Vita. 140k copies in North America and Europe, compared to 460k on the PS3.

I do think it's a bit odd that they're porting it to PS4 instead of PS3, given how much bigger the PS3 install base is, but I suppose they're ready to shift focus to next gen development at this point. I think they must want to get the Final Fantasy IP out on the next gen consoles as soon as possible, ahead of FFXV which is still a long ways off. They'll have a key franchise out on the hardware, it'll help build the install base for bigger titles down the line, and it'll let them show off the Luminous Engine a bit more, since I'm pretty sure it's running on that.

Hell, just compare their Vita sales to a really minor Square Enix game on the PS4. Thief on PS4 outsold X/X-2 on Vita by more than 3-to-1 outside of Japan. 5-to-1 if you include the XB1 version.

Yeeeooooww. I was afraid it might be something like that. Thanks for the numbers though; it's always better to have solid information than just my baseless speculation. Any information on if those numbers on the Vita are doubled because they separated X and X-2?

FlaseColours

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I give my thanks to Sky and all the people in your team for completing the patch, but i also want to know what are you guys doing next. For example, are you guys planing any future update patches to fix any minor issues, improve anything, or are you guys moving on from this project. I just curious.

Thanks again

Reactions: nalcwap

Saisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't know 2011 was 8 years ago silly me thinking it was 2014. And yea it kinda of a dick move but they were asked about this months and said they wanted to bring it western, plus it is coming to ps4 and xbox so now everyone can enjoy it.

their original teaser trailer was shown back in 2006, thats what I was referring to.

Adams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did you activate it?

I downloaded as PDF cheats, cheats guide and Macrofire plugin page. Tonight or tomorrow I can reinsert it

Adams if you redo the page, do not allow people to modify it. We send material to you and you add it

I back this up constantly throughout the day. No worries :)

Reactions: Dalfi

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh cool I just saw the fan translation patch came out (I don't check GBATemp that often these days).
Thank you very much SkyBladeCloud and everyone involved.
Now I just need to get more free space on my PSP......

Reactions: nalcwap

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I'm thrilled about the HD version that's coming out. Sony's making me want a PS4 more and more.

I mean yeah, I love the work y'all did, but think about it. Cause of you guys, people who want to play the original version are able to, and enjoy it to the fullest. Whereas the HD version appeals to people who don't want to deal with the nebulous gray area that this patch inhabits, or perhaps be able to reach a more mainstream audience. Really, you guys are a vital part of the equation in getting Type-0's amazing storyline and world to reach as many people as possible; the HD version just makes that a bit easier in general. I'll probably still get the HD version when it releases, but because of this patch I'll be able to respect and enjoy that even more, seeing my favorite parts and favorite scenes in full HD that I wouldn't have known about otherwise if it weren't for this patch.

Also it'll be fun to see how your translation and the official translation differs (kinda like Salonia in FF3NES and Saronia in the official localization that first released on DS despite them being the same place)

Shin Ryuouki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found some codes, e.g all items, all accessory, all weapons and they all worked. But after I went on to save the game, it says "the game cannot proceed because unforeseen modifications" and "home" button is the only button I can press.. Does anybody have any idea?

Dalfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I found some codes, e.g all items, all accessory, all weapons and they all worked. But after I went on to save the game, it says "the game cannot proceed because unforeseen modifications" and "home" button is the only button I can press.. Does anybody have any idea?

The game has an anti-cheat system. You have to active cheats only when you are in the save menu (when you choose save "block" and there are Japanese lines)

EDIT: Follow this guide:

1. Go to a save point in FFT0
2. Open FFT0 save menu (Labeled "MAIN MENU" in game, you change members and equipment here as well as save / load)
3. Click “Save” to enter the PSP save menu (It uses the PSP's internal font instead of any of the translation's fonts)
4. Activate the cheats
5. Save
6. Deactivate the cheats
7. Completely exit FFT0 and restart
8. Do an automatic sort of your accessory and item inventories

Reactions: Shin Ryuouki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work