Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

YamiJustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what you would do. The vast majority of people matter. You say it doesn't matter if it's pirated because it isn't going to make money from English speakers. My answer is, if even one person pirates the PSP game to play the patch and decides not purchase a future localization no matter which system its on that is lost revenue

So there is a potential of lost revenue if we look at it like this

If that happens on a massive scale its Square-Enix's own fault for withholding the best game since FFX from the rest of the world

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that happens on a massive scale its Square-Enix's own fault for withholding the best game since FFX from the rest of the world

Sounds like "well you didn't do what I wanted so now we are doing this on my terms" and we have no idea why that game didn't make it to the west. They have number crunchers that are MUCH smarter than you or I (that's why they work for a huge corporation) that said it wasn't feasible at the time. Justifying pirating the game doesn't make it OK and doesn't make it any less than piracy. I do it sometimes but I never try to act like what I did is OK because "they caused me to do this so it's their own fault"

YamiJustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like "well you didn't do what I wanted so now we are doing this on my terms" and we have no idea why that game didn't make it to the west. They have number crunchers that are MUCH smarter than you or I (that's why they work for a huge corporation) that said it wasn't feasible at the time. Justifying pirating the game doesn't make it OK and doesn't make it any less than piracy. I do it sometimes but I never try to act like what I did is OK because "they caused me to do this so it's their own fault"

Right, the same number crunchers who pumped out those awful XIII sequels that performed worse and worse sales, the same ones who refuse a VII remake (I personally don't want one but its instant an moneymaker), the same ones who won't bring Type-0 here in any form (maybe for the Vita or something)

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, the same number crunchers who pumped out those awful XIII sequels that performed worse and worse sales, the same ones who refuse a VII remake (I personally don't want one but its instant an moneymaker), the same ones who won't bring Type-0 here in any form (maybe for the Vita or something)

Yeah I hear ya man. I'm not happy about it either. Once again though, it doesn't change what piracy is or whether or not it's justified. I could level complaints all day long because I'm in the same boat as every other SE fan but if a company disappoints their fans it doesn't mean it's OK for us to steal their game

YamiJustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I hear ya man. I'm not happy about it either. Once again though, it doesn't change what piracy is or whether or not it's justified. I could level complaints all day long because I'm in the same boat as every other SE fan but if a company disappoints their fans it doesn't mean it's OK for us to steal their game

I can agree with you there. At the moment I don't have the game in either legal or illegal capacity, as there has yet to be a patch.

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the latest official build, but it's not the merged ISO (I'm using Truthkeys patch at the moment so that I can at least understand the commands)
But the merged ISO works too, here's a picture, so I guess the fix is already built into the latest build :)View attachment 6921

With the prologue and all the other movies, as well? Cause gameplay was fine on old builds, but the videos didn't work. Either way, I think I'm sticking to the dev build with 2GB+ support, cause I don't remember the white shadows with it, and it works perfectly.

Plastica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With the prologue and all the other movies, as well? Cause gameplay was fine on old builds, but the videos didn't work. Either way, I think I'm sticking to the dev build with 2GB+ support, cause I don't remember the white shadows with it.

Prologue and the intro work fine too :) And about the white shadows, I'm sure that it has something to do with my settings, I'll just have to play around with them a bit :D
dsfgsegf.png

Reactions: 4th'ave'

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knowing this is going to take so long makes me want to get some grinding done beforehand. Someone said the truthkey patch had the menus translated and stuff but when I originally looked it up he said it was just for disc 2. Can someone enlighten me on this? Exactly what of the interface, game options, item and spell names, and dialog up is translated?

Plastica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Knowing this is going to take so long makes me want to get some grinding done beforehand. Someone said the truthkey patch had the menus translated and stuff but when I originally looked it up he said it was just for disc 2. Can someone enlighten me on this? Exactly what of the interface, game options, item and spell names, and dialog up is translated?

It translates the commands (but only the names, ace is the only one with translated command descriptions), weapons and some parts of the menu. Not much, but better than nothing.
But I remember reading something on this thread, about a normal Type-0 savedata not being compatible with the fully patched game. But don't trust me on that one. My memory on that topic is really foggy and I'm not part of the team. And yes, Truthkeys patch is only for disc 2, but disc 2 contains most parts of the game, only the prologue and the last mission are on disc 1 :)

4th'ave'

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well you aren't wrong about the savedata Plastica. :) They said something about the patch itself will change the game id so the savedata will not be compatible. But there is a program that changes the game id of the savedata. Though Sky recommended that we should start a new game when the patch releases so no bugs/glitches will ruin the game :)
(I'm worried about the summer uniforms though, if it'll be compatible with the patch if we transfer data from the demo :P)

If there is something wrong with what I said, someone please correct it. Thanks :)

ingus123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well you aren't wrong about the savedata Plastica. :) They said something about the patch itself will change the game id so the savedata will not be compatible. But there is a program that changes the game id of the savedata. Though Sky recommended that we should start a new game when the patch releases so no bugs/glitches will ruin the game :)
(I'm worried about the summer uniforms though, if it'll be compatible with the patch if we transfer data from the demo :P)

If there is something wrong with what I said, someone please correct it. Thanks :)

But if the game ID is changed won't the demo savedata be unusable? If it is I hope we can use a cheat to unlock them....

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... That's an interesting question.....

An interesting question indeed...
Well it should still look for the demo NPJH90209SYSTEMDATA and NPJH90209GAMEDATA0
They are different then the actual game ID NPJH50443

The biggest problem I see from what I understand is maybe same problem as loading the game save with default ID it will mess up some of the text in game

The demo uses the same storage as the full game with stuff :wink:

I still say just easier if they can is have it unlocked from beginning without importing save data from demo

Reactions: nalcwap

4th'ave'

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only way to know is to do it when the patch is released. :) Though I like what Randqalan said. Since in the second demo of Type-0, the summer uniforms are already in the inventory when starting a new game.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Sky, your team is doing a great job keeping the community updated. Thank you sir.

I'm surprised SE hasn't tried to shut the project down. Can they? It's not like you're selling this stuff.

As answered about 1,000 times now, no. They can not. There's nothing illegal being distributed here.
If SE released the game stateside, that'd be a different story as you could argue that the patch would advocate people to pirate the game on PSP and not buy the official version. However there is no official nor planned official release.

Legado

Just Ice
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww... so while the release date is August 8, will it be possible to have it release when Artistan is finish with the images and videos? I don't know how important the thousands of NPCs are but it sucks to have to wait for a longer release because of random NPCs :(. Not sure how difficult it'll take to check up on the NPCs and fixed them, unless the main hold up is how long Artistan will take with the videos and images. Anyways heres hoping you guys surprise us with sooner release date ^^.

Reactions: nalcwap

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww... so while the release date is August 8, will it be possible to have it release when Artistan is finish with the images and videos? I don't know how important the thousands of NPCs are but it sucks to have to wait for a longer release because of random NPCs :(. Not sure how difficult it'll take to check up on the NPCs and fixed them, unless the main hold up is how long Artistan will take with the videos and images. Anyways heres hoping you guys surprise us with sooner release date ^^.

Since I believe Sky has said his intention is to release one, perfect release, we're not getting it until 8/8.

I'd have been grateful that they gave a hard-date, because that's actually forcing them to stick to a deadline, instead of just working on it whenever they feel like it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone