Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then refrain from calling people morons. It's rude.

In these days it's hard to tell if people care since I see most FF fans just wanting to be spoonfed whatever Square decides to throw at them.

Doesn't help I would have liked a sequel to The World Ends With You either.

But I'm getting offtopic.

If there are any questions in relation to Type 0, ask and I shall answer to the best of my ability.

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, just got the notification of this thread exploding.
I could care less that people are becoming aware of the team's efforts.
But Kotaku shouldn't have asked SE about it (or at least they should have waited till we have completed the patch)
Thought EGM's statement, "I wonder how long it will be before Square Enix shuts this translation down." Kinda upset me.
Let's keep going Team. :)

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, just got the notification of this thread exploding.
I could care less that people are becoming aware of the team's efforts.
But Kotaku shouldn't have asked SE about it (or at least they should have waited till we have completed the patch)
Thought EGM's statement, "I wonder how long it will be before Square Enix shuts this translation down." Kinda upset me.
Let's keep going Team. :)

Never know we might get useful info out of it. Have to think positively for a positive future. Jack's words are words to live by.

Francesco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you need i can try to give a hand in translating japanese text!
I'have learned a bit of japanese as self learner, i can translate simple japanese manga with some efforts, plus i have a brother that is studying japanese at university and can give me a hand!

Furthermore i'm a huge fan of final fantasy series, and i really want to play type 0 :D

Let me know if i can be useful!

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
So any idea where Sky went? He seems to be lacking in posts here after the video got posted. You guys working on this elsewhere? (If so, please don't post the link. We don't need a second flood.)
Also, grats guys. Nice to see the work is going smoothly. Can't wait to see some more progress pics.

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So any idea where Sky went? He seems to be lacking in posts here after the video got posted. You guys working on this elsewhere? (If so, please don't post the link. We don't need a second flood.)
Also, grats guys. Nice to see the work is going smoothly. Can't wait to see some more progress pics.

He's alive in kicking. Just hasn't posted anything. We got him occupied.

FrostLust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
wow another forum talking about Kotaku... Kotaku is smart yet dumb, they think doing this will tease SE to localize this game, while in fact they're stopping the fan translation, which is now our only hope to play the game, thanks guys for the great efforts, hope i can help in a way or another

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Haha, I'm here, coding and laughing xD But yeah, I saw no need to make an update after the video was shown, even though we've actually made more progress, there is still A LOT to do.

~Sky

shakespearerules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best of luck! If there are any bits which are low on the importance scale that need translating, I'd be happy to offer my services (but mostly just in a sort of freelance fashion--I'm busy with my Major capstone translation projects and other various classes I need to graduate this May).

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am so fucking ready with all my "yes's" but you know SE isn't going to tolerate this....with one C+D letter..this project will be canned...and since it's all over the internet news like Kotaku and not silently being worked on..like it SHOULD BE they OBVIOUSLY know it's existance...square enix is going to sit back and wait years and then before the final release..and say "this is ISO friendly and promotes piracy...ahhh" "you can't do that ahhhh" "destroy all your hard work of years of these files of the translation or be fined / lawyered into the ground...ahhhhhh..."

they showed their true colors with the Chrono Trigger sequel SNES Rom Hack "Crimson Echoes". It was a precedent of setting an example of a closed and unfriendly company. and one I will never forgive or support. If they got anal about a SNES ROM hack. Then they will get butt***king mad over a PSP game. especially editing a ripped file of a "copyrighted media" (UMD)

...I hope the publicity isn't going to bite them in the ass....

Say again Jason, you contacted Square Enix about this? That was... quite unfortunate to say the least.
You haven't forgotten about Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes, have you? If there is a company out there that has a zero tolerance policy to any type of mods, it's Square Enix. That thing is gonna be dead fast, because they won't even consider licensing the fan-translated text or doing it themselves. They'll kill it.
Now, I might be proven wrong here, but let's face it, the chances are kinda slim this will turn out positively, right? Let's wait for their response then.

and to The Kotaku editor who pretty much let the cat out of the bag and possibly fucked the whole project?? When Square Shuts down and puts a gag order on the project because YOU REACHED out to THEM.....

kill yourself.

The Gentleman.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone? Let's all just calm down here, okay? It's killing the nice vibes we got here.

In any case, sorry I'm late to the party. I got hit with the flu for a few weeks and never got a chance to get into anything. I'm ready to get to work pretty much now, but I'd...personally like to take at least one more day to get my mind straight. :wacko:

Nerozaph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am so fucking ready with all my "yes's" but you know SE isn't going to tolerate this....with one C+D letter..this project will be canned...and since it's all over the internet news like Kotaku and not silently being worked on..like it SHOULD BE they OBVIOUSLY know it's existance...square enix is going to sit back and wait years and then before the final release..and say "this is ISO friendly and promotes piracy...ahhh" "you can't do that ahhhh" "destroy all your hard work of years of these files of the translation or be fined / lawyered into the ground...ahhhhhh..."

they showed their true colors with the Chrono Trigger sequel SNES Rom Hack "Crimson Echoes". It was a precedent of setting an example of a closed and unfriendly company. and one I will never forgive or support. If they got anal about a SNES ROM hack. Then they will get butt***king mad over a PSP game. especially editing a ripped file of a "copyrighted media" (UMD)

...I hope the publicity isn't going to bite them in the ass....

and to The Kotaku editor who pretty much let the cat out of the bag and possibly fucked the whole project?? When Square Shuts down and puts a gag order on the project because YOU REACHED out to THEM.....

kill yourself.

Ok team .____. this is what i meant when people would be soo pesimist or haters, or just to STUPID to say that.

first of all Chrono Trigger had wass soo public, this project doesn't it had only one video which means it will rarely happen again, since this project is secret,
second, SE can ignore many things, but they aren't interested on FF type-0 for now why is that? cuz of Lightning returns and agni's philosophy which the last one will be on the next gen consoles, third of all if SE could do something about it don't you thinkg they could do back then with Kingdom hearts 2 FM translation and BBS FM also? and let's not forget about the DLCS and DUodecim 012 game, and also Final Fantasy 3 for psp which is on english now.

dude relax you are overreacting and exagerating things, SE won't do a thing for now since it's just one update only one video, how many videos do we encounter on the website about type-0 being translated or just subbed? a lott to be honest, SE is in a situation that they are thinking that merging Square soft with Enix company was a mistake cuz they lost a lot of money, and they are giving hopes on lighting returns and Vs 13 which is more probably it will be for next gen and agni's philosophy,

so relax this game is on process, SE won't do a thing for now, as long as this project keeps on secret

Reactions: jordyboardy

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/09/unlicensed-my-little-pony-fighter-shut-down/

after GameSpot covered it at the EVO Convention....great...this makes me even more hopeful....

Ok team .____. this is what i meant when people would be soo pesimist or haters, or just to STUPID to say that.

first of all Chrono Trigger had wass soo public, this project doesn't it had only one video which means it will rarely happen again, since this project is secret,
second, SE can ignore many things, but they aren't interested on FF type-0 for now why is that? cuz of Lightning returns and agni's philosophy which the last one will be on the next gen consoles, third of all if SE could do something about it don't you thinkg they could do back then with Kingdom hearts 2 FM translation and BBS FM also? and let's not forget about the DLCS and DUodecim 012 game, and also Final Fantasy 3 for psp which is on english now.

dude relax you are overreacting and exagerating things, SE won't do a thing for now since it's just one update only one video, how many videos do we encounter on the website about type-0 being translated or just subbed? a lott to be honest, SE is in a situation that they are thinking that merging Square soft with Enix company was a mistake cuz they lost a lot of money, and they are giving hopes on lighting returns and Vs 13 which is more probably it will be for next gen and agni's philosophy,

so relax this game is on process, SE won't do a thing for now, as long as this project keeps on secret

no...they'll just fucking sit back like the greedy filthy rotten snakes that they are and watch the rom hackers work so hard for years to come.. and then weeks away from final release...take everything away that they hold dear to them and spent their life on...just like Crimson Echoes project.

I say don't announce when you'll fully release it guys...surprise them...so then the patch will be on 4Shared, Mediafire, rapidshare before SquareEnix can say "Cease."

and once it's out there...SE can bitch all they like...it's not going to be pulled from every corner of the internet....we saw how good that did with the Streets of Rage 4 remake eheehe

The Gentleman.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the big deal? If Square tells us to C&D, then we'll do just that, right? But that said, we can't be held responsible for external leaks that might happen down the road, right? I mean, our patch could very well end up on the net at 99% - well before completion at the time of the C&D.

It's happened before, and it could happen to us. Just saying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...