Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a question of months or weeks to finish this translation?

I think it's weeks. I saw a post toward the end of January that they were about to start beta testing. They just finished their first play through of at least 3. Since the 2nd and 3rd won't take nearly as long (because the only thing left of those playthroughs are special scenes) I would put it at 4 weeks maximum.

This is all conjecture though. I am not affiliated with the project in any way and am just offering some of my own conclusions. I don't think we will see anyone from the project give a solid estimate because it can vary wildly based on how much time each person has on any given day/week.

NinjaRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's weeks. I saw a post toward the end of January that they were about to start beta testing. They just finished their first play through of at least 3. Since the 2nd and 3rd won't take nearly as long (because the only thing left of those playthroughs are special scenes) I would put it at 4 weeks maximum.

This is all conjecture though. I am not affiliated with the project in any way and am just offering some of my own conclusions. I don't think we will see anyone from the project give a solid estimate because it can vary wildly based on how much time each person has on any given day/week.

And that doesn't take into account the possibility of them hitting a major stumbling block or something in playthroughs 2 and 3. Instead of trying to guess how quickly the translation will be released, we should do what others have suggested and play something else to pass the time.

On that note, my stop-gap game of choice is Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift on the DS- 87 hours in and 2/3 of the quests completed :D

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The font looks awesome :D And since we're talking about other games to pass the time, I just started playing The Last Remnant :D I like Rush, but it took me some time to get the combat system.
But it's still alot simpler than the combat system in Resonance Of Fate. Getting the hang of that one was a real pain in the ass xD (Still one of the best games I've ever played)

I remember liking Last Remnant, then being REALLY pissed that there was a superior version of the game released for the PC, so I stopped midway in the vain hope that some sort of patch or whatever would be released for the xbox360.

Plastica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I remember liking Last Remnant, then being REALLY pissed that there was a superior version of the game released for the PC, so I stopped midway in the vain hope that some sort of patch or whatever would be released for the xbox360.

Good thing I bought it in Steam for 4 € ;)

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing I bought it in Steam for 4 € ;)

I tried that, and for whatever reason, Steam then claimed that my computer couldn't install it. (Some error of some kind.) I suppose I could have pursued it further, but I think I was so angry at the world in general I just moved on to Infinite Undiscovery.

Also, I had/have a hellacious backlog of games.

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that doesn't take into account the possibility of them hitting a major stumbling block or something in playthroughs 2 and 3. Instead of trying to guess how quickly the translation will be released, we should do what others have suggested and play something else to pass the time.

On that note, my stop-gap game of choice is Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift on the DS- 87 hours in and 2/3 of the quests completed :D

I like trying to guess how long it will be. Kinda fun to make predictions on something I'm excited about...

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that photo is how it looks then no it is not wide screen I know used it before

Eh? Yeah. It really is widescreen. I have a widescreen laptop and it fits the entire screen. Is there something you're talking about in this widescreen patch for PCSX2 that makes it look different that I don't know about???

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh? Yeah. It really is widescreen. I have a widescreen laptop and it fits the entire screen. Is there something you're talking about in this widescreen patch for PCSX2 that makes it look different that I don't know about???

yea the pnach files for wide looks better when set to wide screen or even hex edits to make them in proper portions

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Widescreen-Game-Patches?pid=271674#pid271674

Not sure how well the .hack original patches work but the GU one's work good

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I clicked over to the link you provided, but the wi-fi signal i'm currently using blocks the video. So I can't see anything yet. I'm really surprised you're saying that my screen's image can be better. I thought that it was ok, but i'm open for making it better in any way possible. I will look at the info when I can. Thank you so much! :lol:

Reactions: Randqalan

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyBladeCloud I know I am jumping the gun but any plans on were when this is released to post bug reports and I hope for nun but never know

Even with all your testing may still have bugs that relate to emu release or even different versions of CFW of PRO and I am sure you can to test ever possible outcome on that alone or are you Zeus incognito

220px-Jupiter_Smyrna_Louvre_Ma13.jpg

Reactions: nalcwap

Reckless-0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyBladeCloud I know I am jumping the gun but any plans on were when this is released to post bug reports and I hope for nun but never know

Even with all your testing may still have bugs that relate to emu release or even different versions of CFW of PRO and I am sure you can to test ever possible outcome on that alone or are you Zeus incognito

My request would be that if at all possible the good man releases what hardware & CFW/emulator settings were used during testing... that way I can just set my stuff up exactly they way he is playing.

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My request would be that if at all possible the good man releases what hardware & CFW/emulator settings were used during testing... that way I can just set my stuff up exactly they way he is playing.

Yeah from what I understand they're using PRO B10 (or maybe they've moved on to newer versions like PRO C) and as long as they let us know they're settings we should be good to go. They're testing pretty extensively for bugs it seems so I'm actually really confident in the stabilitity of the patch. I think I remember a reply Sky made some pages back saying that he would keep an ear out for bug reports and take care of anything major but that they were shooting to test it so extensively that if someone is using the correct CFW there shouldn't be anything major.

The team seems to really be taking pride in this and it has such a professional feel to the project that I believe it will be all but flawless =)

Reactions: nalcwap

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking more like PRO 6.20 6.35 6.39 6.60 and I guess they would test with C1 most stable and with 6.60 most recent OFW
But I like on my 3G 3000 ,model 6.20 C2 fixed version http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=34403

and on my Go model procfw-mod by Yoti
and finally on my 2g model I have PRO fixed 6.60 so yea that would be nice to know if what FW they tested it on and if major changes to ppsspp same could cause problems especially emu have bugs that make them hopefully let people know stable version they used

AaronDeAhmed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maldives
I have a CSO file (merged) and it's almost the size of UMD 1 when an ISO! It works in missions, I was able to play the game with no problem. but I have my doubts on whether or not the videos and everything will work.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all this talk and nobody replying to my post from earlier but with hundreds of views, I was wondering if anybody could help me with at least simple step-by-step instructions and/or maybe what programs I would have to download to find and pull out the files for Grand Knights History, I'm thinking about emailing gyoru who made the partial English patch, because I just want to pull out the text for the story that way we can play another awesome game that never came over here... (shame they shut down the servers recently)

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I message gyoru on gamefaqs hopefully I'll get a reply he's been a 14 year member and was logged on today LOL. Maybe if some other people bugged him he could show us his files or how he did it. I don't know $hit about programming compared to other people here but I can translated fairly decently...

Reactions: Deepthroat

shi0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Playing other games for a past-time huh? Hmmm, right now, even though that I've been playing them since last month, I got my hands full with my stuffs; VN-mostly Eroge, PS3 games-Skyrim and GTAV and Final Fantasy XIII. I can't seem to know what I want on games, they settle in different kind of gameplay and genre, but when I see a game that I like, I never stop playing them. Also, I play Ni no Kuni for my LOL time with my little sister. We like Studio Ghibli's releases, so we tried and expected that Ni no Kuni would be great, and it did. Oh yeah, Skyrim in the PS3, full of bugs, crashes all the time... I tried updating for some patch yesterday, it didn't update, maybe because they already have the ESO(Elder Scrolls Online), but man, they still have a bunch of bugs on the game.

Well, I also have my other translation projects, so I couldn't put much time on my life outside the house. Yes, I haven't been outside that much, I just go outside for a walk when it's sunny, just to get some vitamins from the ray of the sun, and just to keep my eyes from turning blood red. It was once, red, my veins in my eyes were like about to bleed, but of course they wouldn't. Doctors advised me to walk outside for a natural treatment.

My thoughts for FFType-0. Beta-testers needs more time, even though they're on the second playthrough, if and if they ever come over a bug, they'd have to replay if over from the 1st playthrough. Though, I'm not sure, I heard this from my professor on programming while we were talking about beta-testing, that if you change one file or couple of files on a big game, even if it's in a different stage or level, it would affect the whole system. Especially in this project, where there's only one system(disc1 and 2 merged). So maybe... a big MAYBE, they'd have to go all over again... am I right? or not?

Kyonne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My thoughts for FFType-0. Beta-testers needs more time, even though they're on the second playthrough, if and if they ever come over a bug, they'd have to replay if over from the 1st playthrough. Though, I'm not sure, I heard this from my professor on programming while we were talking about beta-testing, that if you change one file or couple of files on a big game, even if it's in a different stage or level, it would affect the whole system. Especially in this project, where there's only one system(disc1 and 2 merged). So maybe... a big MAYBE, they'd have to go all over again... am I right? or not?

Maybe they don't fix it right away, but keep it reserved on a "bug list" to be fixed later

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqydVNaLR1w