Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

SandyFarron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! :) I hate to be one of those people who register just to comment on the FF Type-0 thread, but I have a suggestion. Why not do the menus first? Don't they have less text than the main story and Crimson Codex, or am I wrong?

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky would know more about this but it's all about finding where all these text are located at. We already finish 99% of graphic translation - which includes some menu items.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, you'r going very fast xD, I'm still with the merging tools lol.

BTW, even though the menu/CC, etc... text is easier to extract, there will be a problem inserting those (space limit), that I still have to decide what to do about. That's why I would suggest starting from the event story (as long as my texts work alright).

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, you'r going very fast xD, I'm still with the merging tools lol.

BTW, even though the menu/CC, etc... text is easier to extract, there will be a problem inserting those (space limit), that I still have to decide what to do about. That's why I would suggest starting from the event story (as long as my texts work alright).

Character space limitations correct? The whole Kanji uses 1 character and English letters use 2 correct?

In any case I think it's decided that the main story scenario will end up being done first if you feel the other 2 would be more difficult.

If I have any concern for the main scenario it would be the difference on NPC text dialogue as opposed to Cutscene Dialogue and COMM messages since they use a different font and such.

But we'll see what happens when we get to it.

If the others are working fast that means we are interested and passionate which is a good thing. It shows we care.

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, NSRSM! I think we are all very much committed to seeing this through. I'm in a holding pattern over here; as soon as there is work for me to do, I will dive right in.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm not much help. I'm borderline useless. I can only provide what I know of Type 0 itself and what sounds right.

:/

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm not much help. I'm borderline useless. I can only provide what I know of Type 0 itself and what sounds right.

:/

Hey man, don't second guess yourself. You've got this so far. You seem to be helping quite a bit, keeping this project in-line for where it needs to be going and leading on.

Zemekis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for finally getting this project rolling again guys! I've been waiting to play this for years (i'm sure we all have), so I really appreciate all the effort to bring it to English speakers. I'll be watching every step of the way!

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What should I say? I just watch over this Forum for every update from u guys, I feel useless :O. NSRSM just do ur best as u do right know, u are an active member of this project so don't get down. It's awesome enough that this project started and without u guys the project wouldn't go that fast after all. Hang in there ;)

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Character space limitations correct? The whole Kanji uses 1 character and English letters use 2 correct?

In any case I think it's decided that the main story scenario will end up being done first if you feel the other 2 would be more difficult.

If I have any concern for the main scenario it would be the difference on NPC text dialogue as opposed to Cutscene Dialogue and COMM messages since they use a different font and such.

But we'll see what happens when we get to it.

If the others are working fast that means we are interested and passionate which is a good thing. It shows we care.

More like, 1 kanji (2 bytes) might be translated to a whole word, and there is a file size limit of 64 kB for text files... In most cases this won't be a problem, but one of them is already almost 64 kb... In the worst case, I would have to hack the text format to allow more space (which is difficult, ya know... xD)

In other news, I have a small problem with the merged ISO: it will freeze when trying to install data, and since I don't have classes today, I'll be trying to solve this live at

https://join.me/645-578-367

So if anyone has a question...

Reactions: bksonic

Dalfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
More like, 1 kanji (2 bytes) might be translated to a whole word, and there is a file size limit of 64 kB for text files... In most cases this won't be a problem, but one of them is already almost 64 kb... In the worst case, I would have to hack the text format to allow more space (which is difficult, ya know... xD)

In other news, I have a small problem with the merged ISO: it will freeze when trying to install data, and since I don't have classes today, I'll be trying to solve this live at

Sky we do not need to install data if we play from ISO :)

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's what I meant.

If you have to hack the format then I guess you may have to try if things become less then desired. But we'll see what happens when we get there.

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick note Sky: If the data is installed - it warns you that data is installed already. However it still lets you proceed by overwriting.

SandyFarron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! I didn't even think of that. Forgive me.

Good luck, everyone. I'll be watching and supporting you guys. Thank you all so much for doing this!:lol:

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for opening that Join Me up earlier, Sky. It was very interesting to watch you work on it. Please let us know if you open it back up.

Thank you, I will do it, but for image reinsertion and text extractor, you know, high level programming, because with ASM coding might happen what happened today and we may waste our time lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: