1. MegaMagikarp

OP MegaMagikarp Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Taiwan
    [​IMG]

So far the only feature is a date advancer that can automate frame advancing in raid RNG manipulation. it can also be used for other time-based events in-game.

More features might get added along the way (depends how busy I get with school).

Download

https://github.com/3096/luxray/releases

Usage
    • Make sure you have the latest version of Atmosphere
    • Place all the contents from the release archive on your SD card root
    • Open Luxray Launcher from Homebrew Menu and launch Luxray

Tesla

Builds for tesla can be found under the release as -ovlloader suffix.

For detailed usage explanation, please refer to this page.
    For further assistance, please join our Discord server.

[​IMG]
    Luxray, the Gleam Eyes Pokémon. Its eyes can see through anything. It can even spot its prey hiding in the shadows.

Last edited by MegaMagikarp, Feb 3, 2020
  2. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    looks great! good work, keep it up :)

3. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Japan
    Holy heck, this is awesome.

4. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    sweet could item editing on the fly be possiable in a future update maybe freeze values?

5. MegaMagikarp

Newcomer

Taiwan
    I'm trying to keep it "clean" and legitimate in a way, so I'll probably keep it with peeking things refrain from editing things, since this one is more intended for the RNG community and people who don't like hacking.
    But the concept is entirely possible. So who knows, I might make a chaotic evil version of Luxray where all it does is hacking and edits, etc.

Last edited by MegaMagikarp, Jan 30, 2020
    OkazakiTheOtaku and cearp like this.
  6. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Poland
    Just seeing memory values from Noexs form
    Code:
    [main + mainoffset] + offset
    Would be nice addition not only to Pokemon, but to every game.
    I'm waiting for this from the beginning of my involvement in Switch scene.

This overlay is not making performance worse? Or just minimizing on what needs to be draw (f.e. minimizing window to one small button to unveil window) can be enough to bring back 99,9% of original performance?

Last edited by masagrator, Jan 30, 2020
  7. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Japan
    Amazing tool. Been using this for a couple hours now and I have to really say that it works amazingly. I have found one bug but it's not a really huge one-- I can consistently get the game to lock up if I cancel a queued step amount. It doesn't matter if it's 30 or 3000, it locks up when I cancel in the middle. Other than that it's pretty perfect.

8. MegaMagikarp

Newcomer

Taiwan
    Yeah, I really wanted an overlay tool on the switch as well, for a while now. I ended up following an example of a PoC called dvdnx.

This particular project is made with Pokemon in mind, but I have yet to add anything specifically related to Pokemon yet. So it should easily work for other games as well. In the source, everything except source/core and the specific screens in source/screens be taken pretty much directly to another overlay application with minimal changes. I have thought of making something universal for all games, but since EdiZon is undergoing a rewrite and will also feature an overlay toggle menu for cheats, I decided I would wait and see how that turns out and if there'll still be the need for another overlay type tool for every game.

Performance wise, the overlay can be hidden with a button combination, and the process will pretty much just sleep and check if the button combo is pressed again to turn the overlay back on, so it should barely take any CPU time when it's hidden. But even when the overlay is on, I have yet to see a performance impact on the game tbh. It is software render internally, but the graphics library I'm using seems to handle it pretty well, and only renders parts that are changed. Drawing the whole overlay on top of the game is handled by the Switch itself so it's pretty fast.

But yeah basically I set my overlay routine to run at maybe about 100hz and it seems to run pretty well and the game doesn't seem to be impacted much either. I do have sysclk OC tho.

masagrator and cearp like this.
  9. MegaMagikarp

Newcomer

Taiwan
    Added support for launching from Tesla.

[​IMG]

cearp likes this.
  10. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Cool beans. Seems to work well with Tesla in portable mode (either version), but when I use either version in docked mode, it crashes the system.

11. MegaMagikarp

Newcomer

Taiwan
    Tesla Menu seems like it still has some instability. Use it with Luxray Launcher and it shouldn't have crash issues.

12. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Might use it for that so-called legendary Pokemon on my birthday. Also, this kind of stuff is what we need when Animal Crossing comes out.

13. ShyPlox

ShyPlox GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey how good does this work for animal crossing? I’m looking to move ahead 2-3 days just to move around some buildings, however I would like to sync back to my original time if possible, will I be able to revert back to my original time when using this ? Without any side effects besides turnips

14. switchisfun

switchisfun Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @ShyPlox

It appears to work just fine. I only messed with it a little, though. I set it a day later, saved to menu, and got all the new daily popups when I went back in. Then I set it back to ntp and repeated. Didn't notice anything too funky, but who knows.

Did this all through the Tesla overlay menu too, super quick/easy. Just wish I could use it to set a certain time of day as well for AC, would make it much more useful for messing around!

Just a warning though, my test was very brief, just was curious and it did appear to work. Would definitely recommend backing up your save file first though just in case you get playing and notice something weird.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokémon, Overlay, Utility