Final Fantasy Tactics advice.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by earlynovfan, Feb 22, 2013.

Feb 22, 2013
  1. earlynovfan
    OP

Member earlynovfan Tactical enthusiast.

United States
    So I've been trying to get into Tactics lately, but I'm having a difficult time when my characters die at Level 5 and I have to hire new Level 1 characters.
    Any advice on that?
    Or any other advice you can give me would be wonderful.

~Cheers~

2. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Phoenix Downs are important. Keep a balanced party (Two ranged units. Two to three fontline/tanks. One white or black mage, etc). Obviously strategize and adapt to the environment, and know when to let another person level.

3. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Im assuming you might be somewhere around Dorter Slums? Where everyone gets their A handed to them for the first time.

I would say do SOME grinding, but if you are playing the game (doing the story missions) you are almost never underleveled, just not fighting the battles correctly. Try different things. Go after long range enemies, and pay attention to where mages cast their spells. Use the spells against them if they cast the spell on you and not the ground. Deal with the close range enemies as they get to you. Game's tough, but you can do it.

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Final Fantasy Tactics is a funny game because it has inertia for getting broken...later in the game you'll crush everything but at the beginning you need to be careful. Experience and JP are critical to start with and something important which you may overlook is that EVERY turn counts. Plan your strategy to get as much XP/JP as possible - remember attacking your own characters (non-lethal) still gets you XP (as does healing). Maximise your XP/JP haul by stringing out battles leaving only one enemy alive and attacking then healing your own party.