Grind grind grind

Sniper job available!

how embarrassing... what's a viera?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
It's the race that looks female with rabbit-like ears. You probably have one already.

You need to change their jobs in "unit info" then equip them with a weapon that grants an ability. Grind until that ability is mastered, then get another weapon. Grind out a few abilityies and you get the Sniper job.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
It's the race that looks female with rabbit-like ears. You probably have one already.

You need to change their jobs in "unit info" then equip them with a weapon that grants an ability. Grind until that ability is mastered, then get another weapon. Grind out a few abilityies and you get the Sniper job.

I thought that was the one! Thanks so much.
yaynds.gif

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get the job leveling-up... Yes I know it's in the right side of the Job title but I dunno how to fill it up (level it up) nor determine what level it is...

Virusak

Trophies
XP
Country
you level up in battles, for every action - succesfull hits ,abilities and spells, in FFTA you had the option to show how much XP you got, now you don't and the characters don't level in battle like before but only after battle, which sucks
Edit: sry you probably mean the gauge with the job written in it, I think you fill it with every ability you learn for this job

ps: anybody knows what is the smash gauge for? it's the one that on the side of the character picture and stats(hp, mp) in
and also what the MVP stands for? most valuable player? how is it awarded? and what is the totem-like gauge with MVP under it for?
played for nearly 30 hours and I still don't get many parts of the game and if I hadn't completed FFTA (all 300 missions, over 50 hours ;-) ) I would be pretty lost even in the jobs and their acquiring, this game really has a veeeeery steep learning curve

Mieki

Trophies
XP
Country
Every successful mission gives AP to all your clan members, not just those that participated. Only EXP is given to those who participated, which, IMHO, is way better than the old FFTA system where every action gives EXP (which became bothersome, because leveling lvl 20 chars against lvl 43 monsters was a real pain.). And yeah, the gauge beneth the job class tells you how much of the job's skills you've mastered.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Virusak said:
How do you increas the amount of MP regenerated every round? All my units regenerate 10MP which makes for example an illusionist unusable cause he can cast spells only every 3rd round cause they cost 28MP. Any tips?

thats the whole point of the MP system - so you can't spam your powerful illusionist map-wide damage every turn and right off from turn 1. Even so, illusionists are not unusable once every 3 turns still well worth it. Just keep your illusionist in a safe spot and dont move him make him wait and his turn comes around fairly quickly.

there is a clan ability later on. Its called MP Channeling i think. You get 20MP per turn instead. Its from one of the trials that do 2clan stats at once.

Does anyone know whether the bonuses for following the law are random?

Mieki

Trophies
XP
Country
frebels said:
i have a problem when i arrive in grszton i only get a black screen did any of you pass graszton?
Try updating your flashcard? Redumping the game might help as well.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, hope you don't mind that I bring this topic up after such a long time. I was wondering, how do I get the Clan Trials that give me AP3? Does anyone know?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Don't hate me for this, but I find the FFTA2, not that great. Just very average.

I like the new jobs, and all the improvements they've made, but the whole battles everything really feels slow. The story is far too generic, or at least it feels like it. At least in the first one, there were a few interesting things that made me kept on going, like the other characters from his own world.

The stylus controls are far too slow, the damaging doesn't do very much, and a few other things. One battle seems to take too long, for while the enemy has around 100 hp, you only do 15 per hit. Archers do even less.

Maybe it's because I've been playing too much Luminous arc 2, and Disgaea lately. However, I liked the original FFTA over the first LA, but the second one, I'm not too impressed...

And as for the Luminous arc 2, it's actually decent this time. The first game was ok, but fairly generic, and suffered quite a few problems. For example, it's was very unbalanced (Alph, and Theo were horrendously weak, while leon was overpowered), had some frustrating stylus problems, the "far too fast" leveling, extremely easy boss fights, grinding levels for characters and the DP points stacking up only after killing an enemy. The second game managed fix all of those problems, and it did impress me with how much it improved. I will in fact look forward to the translations whenever it comes out.

I'll still continue to play FFTA2, since I've only played for around 3 hours, but that's just how I feel. right now. Maybe this feeling will change when I get farther into the story, but as of now, I'm actually disappointed.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:
I like the new jobs, and all the improvements they've made, but the whole battles everything really feels slow. The story is far too generic, or at least it feels like it. At least in the first one, there were a few interesting things that made me kept on going, like the other characters from his own world.
Yes, FFTA's story was much better, it involved real problems and stuff and I'm still hating the zero MP start.

SPOILER
SPOILER: It turns out Adelle has red hair and is from Luso's world, her mom cries when she dyes it white, she stops doing it at the end when a friend of hers who is from a clan with red hair tells her that she is blessed by the gods of that race.
rofl2.gif

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:

Well, I really like the customization options in FFTA2. I don't mind the story, to be honest, although I'm addicted to doing random missions to increase my APs, mastering new abilities, getting new materials and such
tongue.gif
That's what got me hooked to the first FFTA, and now it's even better. At least, for me.
As for my question, does anyone know anything about it?
frown.gif

PS: _Unmei_, there's a spoiler tag. Use it. Or at least give some space between the spoiler mark and the actual spoilers... =/

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
_Unmei_ said:
ojsinnerz said:
Yes, FFTA's story was much better, it involved real problems and stuff and I'm still hating the zero MP start.

SPOILER
SPOILER: It turns out Adelle has red hair and is from Luso's world, her mom cries when she dyes it white, she stops doing it at the end when a friend of hers who is from a clan with red hair tells her that she is blessed by the gods of that race.
rofl2.gif
Please use spoiler tags next time. If what you said (saw the "loljk" at the end - but didn't read your spoiler) is a joke it isn't funny, nor is it appreciated

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Virusak said:
you level up in battles, for every action - succesfull hits ,abilities and spells, in FFTA you had the option to show how much XP you got, now you don't and the characters don't level in battle like before but only after battle, which sucks
Edit: sry you probably mean the gauge with the job written in it, I think you fill it with every ability you learn for this job

ps: anybody knows what is the smash gauge for? it's the one that on the side of the character picture and stats(hp, mp) in
and also what the MVP stands for? most valuable player? how is it awarded? and what is the totem-like gauge with MVP under it for?
played for nearly 30 hours and I still don't get many parts of the game and if I hadn't completed FFTA (all 300 missions, over 50 hours ;-) ) I would be pretty lost even in the jobs and their acquiring, this game really has a veeeeery steep learning curve

Smash gauge is needed to call Scions-Esper, if you will- to strike units in battlefield. Most Scions attacs enemies only, with elemental attribute. However, Zodiark (if I'm not wrong) will strike everyonein battlefield. Finish Tourneys like Camoa Tuorney to obtain Esper accessories. Equip them, and you'll get another option under "Action" menu, Scion's Wrath. Fill up your Smash Gauge and unleash their incredible power

MVP is useful for..... I forgot, I think it improves your chance for something once the tower is full. I don't remember though. Is it Critical Hit? Or something?

MVP is awarded for the Most Valuable Player(Unit) in a battle. It is awarded to the most useful(strategically) unit, not the most powerful unit

shamantimk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought that the MVP is usefull for the dispatch mission, A MVP character has a better chance of succes. I'm not sure

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dice said:
_Unmei_ said:
ojsinnerz said:

SPOILER
rofl2.gif
Please use spoiler tags next time. If what you said (saw the "loljk" at the end - but didn't read your spoiler) is a joke it isn't funny, nor is it appreciated
It was a joke, but sorry about that...

When do I get a Gria?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only Xbox I don't have is the OG, and One X model specifically, I regret giving my chipped OG model to one of my kids years ago, after later hearing he sold it to pawn shop, damn kids!
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, You shouldn't raise Fortnite gamers.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: User Gates "Disliked" your answer.