Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Graphics Dump

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by willaz, Nov 17, 2008.

Nov 17, 2008
  1. willaz
    OP

Newcomer willaz Newbie

China
    Greetings all,

This is my first post here but I wanted to first say thanks for all the help these forumites and gbatemp articles have given me through their excellently written tutorials with my Wii and PS2 troubles.

I'm currently playing FFTA2 on my DS (holy crap I actually bought it) though prefer playing it on my TTDS as it's much more convenient than carrying 10 carts around...

Anyway, I was looking around the net and especially this site and have hit a brick wall when it comes to FFTA2 graphics, I would like to extract it from that pc.bin file, but Tilemolester gives me an out of memory error, as the file itself is over 80 megs.

FFTA2 editor can't dump graphics, though the thread did mention something about the author being able to dump the sprites but there was no further mention of it.
    DSlazy unpacked the .nds file for me, though I am unable to access the pc.bin.
    Tahaxan loads the rom but doesn't recognize any sprite files.
    Tilemolester cannot load the pc.bin file due to an out of memory error, though it shows a whole lotta 'static' on the other files, even when tabbing through the various codecs.
    I also tried, in my desperation to poke around the venerable psx FFT, but FFThacker gives me a runtime error [​IMG]

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance!~

Oh and I apologize if this request has been answered to before, if it has if you could kindly point me in the right direction!

2. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Either figure out the format of pc.bin so you can extract the individual files, or divide pc.bin into smaller pieces that won't cause Tile Molester to choke.

3. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    FFTA2 editor source code provides a mean to extract files from pc.bin, look around Archive.py..., the filenames are lost because they are only encoded as crc in the archive. Also, a lot of data might need to be uncompressed, you can use the lzss.py script which encapsulates a nds-compatible lzss (de)compressor. If you're motivated enough to code a bit, you should be fine.