Gaming Final Fantasy Series is confusing!

jalapeno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone clue me into whats coming out in the Series:

I'd never even heard of final Fantasy, until FF III on DS, and how everyone was going crazy,

Anyway, i played it, and it was really good.

And also Chocobo Tales

And now I dont know what to expect from

[not sure on names]

FF - Tactics Core

FF - Crystal Chronics

and i think another one is coming out.

Are they the same as FF III [ because i really enjoyed it]

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF Tactics and Chronicles are different to games that are simply FF 1-13. Tactics is a turn base strategy game, your team versus another sort of battler. Chronicles is 4 players all on one screen action/rpg (not turn based and in real time)

FF 1-13 are the main games, and set in the same universe but they dont have the same main characters (exept X-2 and the other on DS Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, X-2 is a sequel to X and Revenent Wings is I think set around the same time as XII) to be honest they are all seperate games really, and you dont really need to play any before the others to know whats going on in the story.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page Tells you everything you need to know.

Yes its confusing and silly but you know you get use to it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks hadrian

are any more of the main games going to come out?

1-13?
Just Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings which is considered a main game. We might get the PSX games remakes for DS, bt most likely we wont as they have a lot of CGI cutscenes, and I dont think the DS could hold that much on 1 cart!

FF XIII (13) is the next game but so far has only been announced for PS3. Other than that we've just many many spin offs to contend with.

If you wanna know what games appeared on what format then check outthe Wiki link in my previous post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...