ROM Hack Final Fantasy IV Undub

Gab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Keeru said:
Hey guys, thanks so much for this. I do have a question though. I was comparing the US and Japanese voice files and it seems the US voice files has a few more files than the Japanese, should I just leave it? Well, it might be too late now, I deleted those extra files and just copy and pasted the Japanese voice files over the English ones.
You should have left the other files that weren't on the Japanese release just in case the game tries to access them.

Malc`

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What program are you using keeru? I really want to do this but have never tried undubbing anything before.

So is DSLAZY the easiest way of going about this? Unpack, replace files and repack?

Cheers

Engleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
Engleman said:
Just followed this method and it works. So far, so good. Now, if only someone would make a trainer for this (gil)...
biggrin.gif
Make your own. The address is 020D8288.

Hey thanks. Easier than I thought it would be.

dancemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone, i apologize for my extreme noobism but i have no idea what to do. i've been looking up tutorials and how to's to use dslazy and ndstool so i can undub this game but i'm having no luck. i have tried, but i guess i really just don't understand what to do. i have the game unpacked using dslazy and i'm at a loss as of what to do next. i don't even know what those codes are and what to do with them. i tried using ndstool but it pop up for a second and closes. so i went to start/ run/ cmd and i dunno wtf to do from there. any help would be appreciated and once again, i apologize for just not getting it.

Khrone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Khrone said:
I haven't got the occasion the play the game yet (I've ordered it, but i'm in Italy XD) so I don't know that: are the movies (CG movies) which are dubbed in english subbed in english too? Because listen japanese voices could be cool, but if I can't understand a damn it's... quite.... stupid.

Can anyone answer this question please?

Hoteru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used DSlazy to move the voice folder from JP to US version, but when I turn the game on it stays at a white screen.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hoteru said:
I used DSlazy to move the voice folder from JP to US version, but when I turn the game on it stays at a white screen.

Yeah... dunno why that happens...

Just use ndstool

JPH Edit: Please don't link to the files with the Japanese language, that stuff is copyrighted.

Hoteru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natkoden said:
Hoteru said:

Yeah... dunno why that happens...

Just use ndstool

JPH Edit: Please don't link to the files with the Japanese language, that stuff is copyrighted.

Trying that, but it keeps saying "NDS filename is already given!"
I'm terrible at this kind of stuff
huh.gif

dancemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoteru said:

i tried this too and it worked for me. although sometimes it does freeze up. i'm using an R4 and i think my R4 just has problems sometimes. after my 4th time going through the intro i was finally able to save. o.o

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
1.- Put ndstool and the Jap Rom in the same folder
2.- Open cmd in that folder and paste this

Code:
ndstool -x ROMNAME.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d data -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin

Where ROMNAME is the name of the rom, for example FFIVJAP.nds

3.- Extract the voice folder
4.- Now put the English Rom in the same folder and do the same thing as you did with the jap one and copy the Jap voices over the English ones

5.- Now open another cmd and paste this

Code:
ndstool -c FINALNAME.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d data -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin

Done!

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hoteru said:
I followed it step by step, but I'm still getting a white screen. Maybe it's because I'm using an R4?

I dont think so...

if you are using ndstool, it should work

I had some problems with dslazy and dsbuff

Malc`

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Worked fine for me, just copied the japanese voice folder over the english one leaving any other files that werent in the Jap release and repacked. My only concern is if I get quite far into the game and it crashes D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol