Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Auto Trainer Maker (DSATM) v5.1

Changelog
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fixed a bug where codes with Windows formatted returns (CRLF) text wouldn't get loaded properly (most noticeable when pasting from the clipboard

Added support for games built with twlsdk

Icon displays when you load a game

Please send your compatibility or bug reports to me!

Get it here

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did some quick searching and found out that MS graced Vista users by giving them the 'feature' of no drag and drop (for real that's what they said!). To get around this you can either hold shift, right click the .nds, and choose Copy as Path then paste this into the console window (click the icon in the top left corner of the console window -> Edit -> Paste in XP but hopefully is the same in Vista). Or you can manually type in the file name (including the full path if it is not in the same directory as DSATM). And make sure you surround the name with quotes or it won't get extracted!

Reactions: Deleted User

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome work
smile.gif

bladestriker666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, i cant seem to get it to work on the M3 lite. (V0.1 i tried btw)

Arm 7 before - black screens after i run the game.

arm 9 - crashes the M3 game manager

Arm7 after - game loads, and then black screens right before the "press start" menu. though this one may be the AR codes and not the trainer, i have yet to figure it out.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Cracker is great! I still use your Game Genie Game Patcher.

Glad to hear that.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(bladestriker666 @ Apr 2 2008, 06:02 PM) hmm, i cant seem to get it to work on the M3 lite. (V0.1 i tried btw)

Arm 7 before - black screens after i run the game.

arm 9 - crashes the M3 game manager

Arm7 after - game loads, and then black screens right before the "press start" menu. though this one may be the AR codes and not the trainer, i have yet to figure it out.

Since you get slightly different results with the two arm7 methods I would say that what is happening is you are using an area of memory that is getting overwritten. I would try using 0x237fc00 or 0x23ffc00 since those are some of the usual places that work ok for many games. A RAM dump would help immensely to determine what is free or not. Also (assuming it is not a problem with the memory getting overwritten) what cheat codes are you using?

bladestriker666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i used the ram dump and tried a few, using some of the ones with the largest spaces free i think... as well as using the ones in your first post.

though i will try those 2.

currently, im trying codes on soma bringer, and my codes look as follows. (perhaps this is what i messed up? )

Game ID: YBSJ 630D3B6C

[Max Gold]
020FE3B0 05F5E0FF

[AP999]
120FDC2C 000003E7

since i saw thats how they should be places for a .txt file in another thread before. i've tried both on their own and together and not working.

edit: well this was weird... when i used the 0x23ffc00, the game wouldn't even load from my m3 menu... it says "loading game" and stays on that screen, never loading. Atleast the other arm 7 afters got me to the first few screens before start menu. I'll try the arm7 before now, just incase, since i got a new reaction from the arm7 after.

and the arm 7 before still didnt work.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The arm9 IRQ function gets dynamically written at runtime it seems and it loads the patched address from the arm9.bin... Thus it will ALWAYS be overwritten with code that causes the game to crash. Usually games just copy to original address so it's not a problem but at least I will know what is going on in the future. In any event use the arm7 to hook into and place the cheat function at 0x236eb00 (using the arm7.bin).

bladestriker666 said:
i used the ram dump and tried a few, using some of the ones with the largest spaces free i think... as well as using the ones in your first post.

though i will try those 2.

currently, im trying codes on soma bringer, and my codes look as follows. (perhaps this is what i messed up? )

Game ID: YBSJ 630D3B6C

[Max Gold]
020FE3B0 05F5E0FF

[AP999]
120FDC2C 000003E7

since i saw thats how they should be places for a .txt file in another thread before. i've tried both on their own and together and not working.

edit: well this was weird... when i used the 0x23ffc00, the game wouldn't even load from my m3 menu... it says "loading game" and stays on that screen, never loading. Atleast the other arm 7 afters got me to the first few screens before start menu. I'll try the arm7 before now, just incase, since i got a new reaction from the arm7 after.

and the arm 7 before still didnt work.

bladestriker666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sweet it worked ^^ thanks a lot.

so was it a problem with this specific game then? or will this happen a lot O.o... if so... how did you find the correct place to place the cheat? none of the ones i used ever seemed to work O.o... even when i used a dump.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The arm9 problem was game specific. I haven't seen it happen before but then again the arm7 IRQ is the usual one to hook. I just tried a few places that I saw were wide open at the menu and also ingame. There's actually a huge amount of free space in the RAM for this game.
yaynds.gif

bladestriker666 said:
sweet it worked ^^ thanks a lot.

so was it a problem with this specific game then? or will this happen a lot O.o... if so... how did you find the correct place to place the cheat? none of the ones i used ever seemed to work O.o... even when i used a dump.

bladestriker666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haha alright thanks ^^ so basically if i ever have the problem again, i should just use the dump, and try as many free spaces as possible, right? ^^

bladestriker666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't believe there is any specific "special formatting" required. i just opened up a text program, wrote the codes as i showed them on the previous page, and saved the .txt >.> not sure about the notes.

the ram dump file can be gotten a few ways i think, how ever this is how i get it.

load what ever rom you are using onto a emulator. personally, i use DeSmuME. Just run the rom on it (if the game doesnt play, or work on the emulator, thats ok. it still loaded so go to the next step) , and then open hasteDS.

click the [snap DeSmuME&ideas&NeeDs] (first option along on the top) button, and once it goes through a process, click the dump button (fourth option along the top) and save it as (gamename).bin

that is your RAM dump file. or at least, thats what i used. if I'm wrong, I'd look pretty stupid ^^;

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a method that will work in any emulator I use a combination of two programs -- ArtMoney and CurrProcess.

Run the game in the emulator of your choice.

Run ArtMoney and select the emulator for the process.

Click Search.

Select Search: Exact Value, Value: e7ffdeffh, Type: Integer (standard), Address range: ALL and click OK... and OK.

In the list there will be 3 addresses right in a row -- for instance 19f0100, 19f0104, 19f0108. There will probably be 2 groups of 3 hits in a row so you may have to look in the memory editor to see which one is the real RAM that you want to dump (the other occurance will actually be the arm9.bin in the emulator's memory plus some garbage data at the end).

To do the search right click on the first of the 3 addresses that are in a row and select Memory Editor.

Under Moving select moving to address.

In the field to the right of '+' put in 380000h (note the 'h' is important) and click the ^ button to the right of it. This will add it to the current value on the left. Click the ^ button on the left and if the address you jump to has 01 C3 A0 E3 then the hit will be the right one for RAM.

Now that you have the address you can open up CurrProcess.

Select the emulator from the list of running processes.

Click Module, Dump Memory.

Name the dump file whatever you want, Start Address is the address you got from ArtMoney (0x19f0100), End Address will be the start address + 0x400000 (0x1df0100), File Format is Binary File then click Dump Memory.

As for the formatting for the cheat codes: I tried to make the parsing as smart as possible so it should be able to handle any formatting of text (including special characters, extra blank spaces, extra crlfs, etc. The one main thing is that each code line or description has to be on a seperate line and it doesn't matter if there is a space between the first 8 numbers and last 8 or not but there must be 8 character in each group or it will load the wrong value:

XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY, XXXXXXXYYYYYYYY is fine.

XXXXXX YYYYYYYY, XXXXXXYYYYYYYY, XXXXXXXXYY, etc is not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"